Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I reckon Parker and Bainbridge don't get the hype that Paseka gets as they haven't really showed that they will be future stars yet, we see how good they CAN be but in their game time they've looked good yet didn't produce nothing too special, especially Bainbridge. However, Paseka was the tigers best u20s player of the year or something with Suli even in the side. Add his size and weight. I think Parker and Bainbridge are still too young atm, also Paseka although he has showed he can be a star in the younger grades.

I reckon Parker and Bainbridge don't get the hype that Paseka gets as they haven't really showed that they will be future stars yet, we see how good they CAN be but in their game time they've looked good yet didn't produce nothing too special, especially Bainbridge. However, Paseka was the tigers best u20s player of the year or something with Suli even in the side. Add his size and weight. I think Parker and Bainbridge are still too young atm, also Paseka although he has showed he can be a star in the younger grades.
A lot of good judges have rated Bainbridge for a long time. He wouldn't have made under 18s NSW team otherwise. Trent wouldn't have blooded him at a young age otherwise.
He is ready for first grade and has shown that.
I think Paseka is a damaging ball runner but his defense is terrible. Another 5 missed tackles last week for us in half a game. In one game last year he made 24 tackles and missed 10! Compare that to Billy who works his butt off in defense I think you're dead wrong in your comparison.

Parker is another who doesn't have a great highlights reel but has been a solid performer for years in our juniors and could become a solid clubman. He didn't put a foot wrong last year and scored a cracker of a try vs the Storm beating a few players with good footwork.

A lot of good judges have rated Bainbridge for a long time. He wouldn't have made under 18s NSW team otherwise. Trent wouldn't have blooded him at a young age otherwise.
I think Paseka is a damaging ball runner but his defense is terrible. Another 5 missed tackles last week for us in half a game. In one game last year he made 24 tackles and missed 10! Compare that to Billy who works his butt off in defense I think you're dead wrong in your comparison.

Parker is another who doesn't have a great highlights reel but has been a solid performer for years in our juniors and could become a solid clubman. He didn't put a foot wrong last year and scored a cracker of a try vs the Storm beating a few players with good footwork.

The difference @Harry Smith as Pepi says is that Bainbridge and Parker have built their future success on a solid base of good all-round football ability and skill. They have learnt how to play the game.

On the other hand, a great deal of Paseka's success to date has been based on his physical attributes. His size may get him to the top .. but will it keep him there?

We all hope that he will be successful, but the learning curve for him playing first grade will be a real challenge.

You are right there.

A lot of fans seem to just want the highlights reel stuff and not the nitty gritty hard work.

See comment each week about how good AFB is going but he doesn't do much in defence. That can work if you have a player like Jake, Myles and soon Bainbridge with any luck who can take up some of the load allowing AFB to spend his energy on being a damaging runner but you need to give credit to the guys working as a team to allow that.

Crusher was a player who did this a lot as well.

Ligi Sao was the warriors 20s player of the year before he came to Manly and from memory Chee Kam was at the faiders.

The difference @Harry Smith as Pepi says is that Bainbridge and Parker have built their future success on a solid base of good all-round football ability and skill. They have learnt how to play the game.

On the other hand, a great deal of Paseka's success to date has been based on his physical attributes. His size may get him to the top .. but will it keep him there?

We all hope that he will be successful, but the learning curve for him playing first grade will be a real challenge.
Yes I agree with that though what I'm saying here is that they haven't showed to be future superstars to fans of opposition teams. Yes, us manly fans know (duh, we are the smartest ;)) although other sides fans hadn't really heard of their names let alone their skill level whereas Paseka is a huge forward known to have plenty of potential through winning the tigers player of the yr award etc, which gives him that hype that players like Parker and Bainbridge don't get

Ligi Sao was the warriors 20s player of the year before he came to Manly and from memory Chee Kam was at the faiders.
I'm just mentioning that for being the reason he gets the hype that Parker, Bainbridge don't get

I'm just mentioning that for being the reason he gets the hype that Parker, Bainbridge don't get
Wasn't Billy's defence anything special against North Queensland?sulli in the west tigers team how many games?school holidays harry your on here to much for a kid .friends girlfriends ?you can't have a whole team of superstars. A few solid hard workers comes in very handy

Wasn't Billy's defence anything special against North Queensland?sulli in the west tigers team how many games?school holidays harry your on here to much for a kid .friends girlfriends ?you can't have a whole team of superstars. A few solid hard workers comes in very handy
Yes although I don't think everyone was all "wow he's gonna be a superstar" (which he is going to be) off that defence as all our players were brilliant in defence that game. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Paseka is better than Parker and Bainbridge or that they aren't going to be good in the future all I'm saying is that his height, weight and the fact that he won the tigers u20 best player of season makes him get more hype than than Parker and Bainbridge. I definitely didn't word that right at the start

Yes although I don't think everyone was all "wow he's gonna be a superstar" (which he is going to be) off that defence as all our players were brilliant in defence that game. Don't get me wrong I am not saying Paseka is better than Parker and Bainbridge or that they aren't going to be good in the future all I'm saying is that his height, weight and the fact that he won the tigers u20 best player of season makes him get more hype than than Parker and Bainbridge. I definitely didn't word that right at the start
The hype comes from his size. His one on one tackling is very ordinary all arms .what you want to see from any young forward is solid defence .the rest will come

The hype comes from his size. His one on one tackling is very ordinary all arms .what you want to see from any young forward is solid defence .the rest will come
Thats the reason so many players don't reach their "potential". Players are hyped up for what they can do (eg big size, huge runs) but fans who don't watch this particular player aren't informed of how other aspects of his game are (eg lazy defence). Just because players are hyped more doesn't mean they'll be better than others. In saying this I believe Paseka, under the right side can be a powerhouse forward and will pick up his defence with maturity in such a side.

Comes down to balance. Outside of Kapow we really have no dynamic attacking forwards with the possible exception of AFB in short bursts.

Defense is a great asset but you will go nowhere with half a dozen Sean Fensoms in your side.

I know nothing about the big young tiger (probably too raw)but in a general sense I would be looking to include an attacking player with Kapow out but we simply don't have any.

That's the worry today. You don't go round the storm, history tells you that. You need to win in the middle third and we just lack thrust in that area without Marty.

Our wins look to have come off committed defence and individual brilliance(still don't see any structure) but with players like DCE Walker Turbo Kelly Uate we do have plenty of that brilliance to get the job done if we defend well.

Storm ,unlike us,are deadly clinical in the red zone so our goal line defence (which has generally been very good) has to stand up.

Whether Munster and Bromwich play will probably decide the issue.

Last edited:
i read a funny story about bob fulton and noel cleal - cleal wasn't making a lot of tackles and hi second row partner was having a bit of a complain to fulton - saying that he was having to make extra tackles to ocover for crusher - fulton said something along the lines of -'that's good! and if you don't like it i'll pick someone who does' haha

not 100% pertinent, but sometimes an attacking player is SO good that you don't want them making 30 tackles a game.
(DCE take note!)

Comes down to balance. Outside of Kapow we really have no dynamic attacking forwards with the possible exception of AFB in short bursts.

Defense is a great asset but you will go nowhere with half a dozen Sean Fensoms in your side.

I know nothing about the big young tiger (probably too raw)but in a general sense I would be looking to include an attacking player with Kapow out but we simply don't have any.

That's the worry today. You don't go round the storm, history tells you that. You need to win in the middle third and we just lack thrust in that area without Marty.

Our wins look to have come off committed defence and individual brilliance(still don't see any structure) but with players like DCE Walker Turbo Kelly Uate we do have plenty of that brilliance to get the job done if we defend well.

Storm ,unlike us,are deadly clinical in the red zone so our goal line defence (which has generally been very good) has to stand up.

Whether Munster and Bromwich play will probably decide the issue.
Solid defence wins the big games every one knows that.

That is a truism but of more significance is the saying that forwards win big games. Sometimes brilliant backs can tip the balance when all else is fairly even, but you generally need some sort of threat through the forwards.
The Eels back in the day when they had their purple patch a few decades ago were one of the few exceptions I can think of.

That is a truism but of more significance is the saying that forwards win big games. Sometimes brilliant backs can tip the balance when all else is fairly even, but you generally need some sort of threat through the forwards.
The Eels back in the day when they had their purple patch a few decades ago were one of the few exceptions I can think of.
Good second rowers locks and hookers as well then?

Look at the good sides. It's a mix.6 blokes doing 50 tackles with no thrust in attack won't win many games. Of course you can't afford turnstiles but blokes of the ilk of Cleal Tomololo etc don't need to knock themselves out in defence if you have a well balanced pack.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8