Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Davey was any more than a middling prospect he would’ve debuted much earlier than 28. That’s not to say he can’t play a role and be a valuable squad member. I’m just amazed by the amount of people who see him as some lynchpin and silver bullet solution to what we have been missing
Not the solution but he will definitely help, he is a tough nut no nonsense player who can bend the line offload and hurt when he hits. Id start him over Bullemor but i think he is being eased back into top grade.

Not the solution but he will definitely help, he is a tough nut no nonsense player who can bend the line offload and hurt when he hits. Id start him over Bullemor but i think he is being eased back into top grade.
I hope so... as I said he isn't the panacea but he is the type of player we need so badly. I would maybe push Bullemor into the middle to give us more leg speed and quick play the balls replacing say Sipley.

I would maybe push Bullemor into the middle to give us more leg speed and quick play the balls replacing say Sipley.
That could be the plan for next year, with a new back rower coming in. Although not necessarily replacing Sipley, Marty is off contract as we know.

That could be the plan for next year, with a new back rower coming in. Although not necessarily replacing Sipley, Marty is off contract as we know.
yes needs to happen now... our props are not quick, do not off load, bend the line or have a quick play the ball.. as I said they are cookie cutters.. essentially all play a similar style. Paseka can bend the line but rarely does... Sipley can come in off the long run and smash it in but rarely does... Marty and Aloiai can both offload but rarely do... Keppie and Aloiai can hit but rarely get off the line and none of them are defensive trojans wanting to tackle anything and everything that moves. We need a different mix and balance in the pack. We have the cattle just too many of the same style of player being picked in the team at one time. Then we have two essentially 14's on the bench..... crazy.

Yeah maybe right. Don't agree about the 14s though, Walker is not there to play dummy half.
to me 14's aren't there to play dummy half and Lawton isn't there to play dummy half. 14 is to cover a range of positions and to be a middle and a ball player. Croker is pretty much an 80 minute player. Both could play dummy half and Lawton much better obviously but essentially they are similar players albeit with Walker being much more dynamic and can cover more backline positions and Lawton more of the forwards. But given how our pack was pushed around last weekend we need a third prop/backrower on the bench to go with the one 14/utility player. Our forwards are not that explosive and dominant that we can do without that extra forward in my view

Taniela Paseka is a machine. One of my favourites. Still so young. He was at his best in the Barrett era just before his bad injury, and is slowly getting back there. He ran much more freely before then. He'll be one of our best.for a very long time. Not every forward has to be aggressive. Just need a good mix. Nathan Brown is playing Reggie's for the Eels. Can we get him in somehow?
After watching the game again gotta say he was pretty average but they all were. I dont agree he is a machine either he's had some good games but to me haas is a machine. Or even Jake. I do like your idea for nathan brown but where does he fit in? He's a lock so only way i see it is jake to prop and brown to lock. Walker going so that won't be an issue. I think Jake is a prop anyway and brown can ball play very well

After watching the game again gotta say he was pretty average but they all were. I dont agree he is a machine either he's had some good games but to me haas is a machine. Or even Jake. I do like your idea for nathan brown but where does he fit in? He's a lock so only way i see it is jake to prop and brown to lock. Walker going so that won't be an issue. I think Jake is a prop anyway and brown can ball play very well
Nathan Brown had a contract offer from us last year I think and then we pulled it but yes his aggression and passion is the type of player we need badly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8