Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
hmmm ... he's certainly not being rushed into any side it would appear!

He did play for U20's (in round 7 iirc) so cannot be a complete lock out issue.

If not injured something is up.

Just before I head off to school, fox sports website said Paseka is indeed injured and it is thought that he will be called into the starting squad later in the season

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/12/01/paseka_out_of_comfor.html

By Mr Wayne Cousins.

Taniela Paseka knows he's in the right environment at Manly to ensure old habits don’t creep back into his game next season.

The 20-year-old was one of the biggest forwards to have ever played in the Holden Cup competition for his sheer size alone.

A mid-season transfer from the Wests Tigers to the Sea Eagles also brought some unexpected media attention.

“I didn’t know how to handle that (media) pressure. But when I arrived here at Manly, the coaching staff definitely put me in my place,’’ Paseka said.

“When I look back on the season, I could have done more. Maybe that (spotlight) was part of the reason. I did get comfortable.

“I took things for granted. I didn’t take advantage of the opportunities I had. I regret that. That won’t be the case next year.

Tent is one of the players that fills me with hope for next season and beyond. We have a number of exciting prospects, and it must be disappointing for them to continually read comments on this Forum that our future depends on signing players from other clubs. Some of these players will become great Manly players. Last season we won the Under 20s for the first time ever; and that was without Tent and Parker who were both injured in the final series. Surely that's a portent of future success.
The grass is not always greener at other clubs: I give you Plod and Poo as two examples of so-called marquee recruitment gone wrong.

Size of fight in dog issue with Taniela. Like it or not, very few players, especially forwards, can prosper like Beaver did while remaining 'nice guys'.

I hate to see anyone encouraged to develop a ruthless streak. But those who already have one tend to be those who get ahead in this ruthless pro sport.

Tent is one of the players that fills me with hope for next season and beyond. We have a number of exciting prospects, and it must be disappointing for them to continually read comments on this Forum that our future depends on signing players from other clubs. Some of these players will become great Manly players. Last season we won the Under 20s for the first time ever; and that was without Tent and Parker who were both injured in the final series. Surely that's a portent of future success.
The grass is not always greener at other clubs: I give you Plod and Poo as two examples of so-called marquee recruitment gone wrong.

100% on the money.

Anyone needing confirmation of this just needs to look down the list of players that played in our last 2 premierships.

2008...Snake, Robbo, Bell, Skivvy, Wolfie, Killer, Orford, Gift, Hall, Choc, Perry, Matty, Kite, Beaver, King, Bryant, Stranger.

2011...Snake, Robbo, Killer, Skivvy, Hopoate, Foz, DCE, Gift, T-Rex, Choc, Galuvao, Matty, Kite, Rodney, Ferris, George, Mauro.

A couple of big signings sure but mostly players who were depth signings. The majority though are synonymous with Manly.

Look within. It's served us well in the past.

100% on the money.

Anyone needing confirmation of this just needs to look down the list of players that played in our last 2 premierships.

2008...Snake, Robbo, Bell, Skivvy, Wolfie, Killer, Orford, Gift, Hall, Choc, Perry, Matty, Kite, Beaver, King, Bryant, Stranger.

2011...Snake, Robbo, Killer, Skivvy, Hopoate, Foz, DCE, Gift, T-Rex, Choc, Galuvao, Matty, Kite, Rodney, Ferris, George, Mauro.

A couple of big signings sure but mostly players who were depth signings. The majority though are synonymous with Manly.

Look within. It's served us well in the past.

The important piece here, is the 1, 6, 7 & 9 in both teams:

01. Brett Stewart
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
09. Matt Ballin

AND

01. Brett Stewart
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Matt Ballin

compared to:

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. N/A
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Apisai Koroisou

There in lies our problem imo.

X Tom Trbojevic. Is he as good as Brett Stewart (not including his last season?). That's a tough call. Brett Stewart was one of the best, most explosive fullbacks I've ever seen. As he matured, he just oozed talent. Tommy Turbo is green, but fmd he looks like he could be anything. I seriously have no idea how good Tom could be, but the skies the limits.

X 5/8. Face it, we are going to be relying on a reserve grade quality 5/8 next season, be it Metcalf, Croker, Hastings, Matt Wright, Tom Wright or maybe some ring in like Lamb (oof), or Hodkinson (who let's face it, is done) - which is why he's just been replaced by Pearce / Watson. This is our breakdown.

X DCE. The period between when we had a proper 5/8, and Green, DCE struggled like I've never seen. Face it, he looked ordinary. We struggled through that period entirely. Having to rely upon an unknown quantity at 6 rings serious alarm bells for mine. DCE isn't a "carry this team on my back" type halfback. He NEEDS a quality partner in those halves.

X Koroisou. I don't know - at times, this kid is amazing. Like State Of Origin quality amazing. Other times, horrible. The epitome of rocks and diamonds. We've lost Lawrence (starting prop), Myles (either starting or first off the bench prior to Taupau moving to prop), and will be relying upon either reserve grade forwards (Lane, Perrett, Sipley, Tanginoa, Paseka), or guys that came off the bench in Lussick / AFB to start. Seasin BEFORE this one, when we were hammered injury wise, and were relying on reserve grade props, Api really, really struggled, so alarm bells there as well.

Honestly, a "little" concerned about next season, but certainly hopeful. We are well down on depth, quality, experience compared to this past season.

The important piece here, is the 1, 6, 7 & 9 in both teams:

01. Brett Stewart
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
09. Matt Ballin

AND

01. Brett Stewart
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Matt Ballin

compared to:

01. Tom Trbojevic
06. N/A
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
09. Apisai Koroisou

There in lies our problem imo.

X Tom Trbojevic. Is he as good as Brett Stewart (not including his last season?). That's a tough call. Brett Stewart was one of the best, most explosive fullbacks I've ever seen. As he matured, he just oozed talent. Tommy Turbo is green, but fmd he looks like he could be anything. I seriously have no idea how good Tom could be, but the skies the limits.

X 5/8. Face it, we are going to be relying on a reserve grade quality 5/8 next season, be it Metcalf, Croker, Hastings, Matt Wright, Tom Wright or maybe some ring in like Lamb (oof), or Hodkinson (who let's face it, is done) - which is why he's just been replaced by Pearce / Watson. This is our breakdown.

X DCE. The period between when we had a proper 5/8, and Green, DCE struggled like I've never seen. Face it, he looked ordinary. We struggled through that period entirely. Having to rely upon an unknown quantity at 6 rings serious alarm bells for mine. DCE isn't a "carry this team on my back" type halfback. He NEEDS a quality partner in thos

X Koroisou. I don't know - at times, this kid is amazing. Like State Of Origin quality amazing. Other times, horrible. The epitome of rocks and diamonds. We've lost Lawrence (starting prop), Myles (either starting or first off the bench prior to Taupau moving to prop), and will be relying upon either reserve grade forwards (Lane, Perrett, Sipley, Tanginoa, Paseka), or guys that came off the bench in Lussick / AFB to start. Seasin BEFORE this one, when we were hammered injury wise, and were relying on reserve grade props, Api really, really struggled, so alarm bells there as well.

Honestly, a "little" concerned about next season, but certainly hopeful. We are well down on depth, quality, experience compared to this past season.

Could of not put it better myself!!

My take on things I really do hope we make the 8 like any fan on here.

My concerns are we really don't have that leader that when Things are going tough someone to speak up. DCE is a great captain but no one of those hard hitting speakers.

I feel we are down some older experienced heads in 2018, I think this is my biggest concerns as well as our 5/8 issue.

I don't begrudge green leaving for the money but I don't think we realise how much of an asset he was this year and how much he will be missed next year.

I agree with you also our props situation is a concern also.

My final point is that I would go with the squad we have now, save our money for next off season where some quality players will be on the market, even if it means this year we struggle to make the 8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7