Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just thought.. but I'd like to see the big boy start ... sometimes players rise to the occasion, and I would be putting as much responsibility on his shoulders as I could .. he needs to learn that if it is to be done, it is up to him to do it.

Also believe Keppie is much better as a starter.

As said above, he has the potential to be the most dominant prop in the game.

But how long do we have to say it before he consistently plays to that potential?? Seriously mate, we've been saying it since he first played 1st grade for us in 2018, his NRL debut. Its now 2022.

When is he going to play like we know he can??
Some people believe he is playing well and are saying that.....
He should be starting along with Keppie.
I find it funny that some people seem to think that because he is tall and weighs around 120 kgs that it means he can automatically run straight over the top of 3 guys who weigh 114 kgs every single hit up.
I don't think some people understand that a couple of extra kilos of weight and a couple of cms of height does not mean you are going to trample 3 NRL forwards every time.

I find it funny that some people seem to think that because he is tall and weighs around 120 kgs that it means he can automatically run straight over the top of 3 guys who weigh 114 kgs every single hit up.
I don't think some people understand that a couple of extra kilos of weight and a couple of cms of height does not mean you are going to trample 3 NRL forwards every time.

Is he playing as well as we know he can? I honestly think he can play better. He has before and it was beautiful.

100% Paseka should start. Whether that's alongside Keppie or Aloiai is up for debate. But Paseka is much more effective IMO when he starts.

I also agree with you about the size.

The laws of physics suggest that it certainly helps...

My biggest gripe with him, is a lack of aggression and a poor work rate. He comes on and make 2-3 runs and a couple of tackles and you wouldn’t even know he was out there. He should be making 15+ runs in a game.

he is a bit of a tall plank. he needs a bit of pre line bustle about him. he is quite an easy target for the legs tackle as he isnt doing much with, arms, position, or whatever props do to manipulate more yardage. when he gets in between players he is pretty good but he gets cut down early often

i like him but this has to be his season, with marty leaving and plenty of big dudes in the squad it would be nice to see him step up. for me though it depends on his price and where that puts him in the prop rotation. if he is being paid as number 4 then its a pass with some upsides, just because we want him to progress , does not make that happen. maybe number 4 rotation and coin with his buddies is his go

i have no idea about his contract

The laws of physics suggest that it certainly helps...

My biggest gripe with him, is a lack of aggression and a poor work rate. He comes on and make 2-3 runs and a couple of tackles and you wouldn’t even know he was out there. He should be making 15+ runs in a game.
The laws of physics tells you that one object weighing 120 kgs running at pace will run over 3 objects with a combined weight of 340 kgs moving in the opposite direction?
Think you might be reading the wrong text book.
His work rate is fine,2-3 runs and a couple of tackles?Yeah right...lol.
7 runs with 37 post contact metres and 32 tackles with one miss,sort of suggests that he came on and worked pretty hard.Suggests that possession was with the Panthers and he had to defend a lot,but of course Panthers having more possession and having to hit it up out of your own half is his fault.....

The laws of physics tells you that one object weighing 120 kgs running at pace will run over 3 objects with a combined weight of 340 kgs moving in the opposite direction?
7 runs with 37 post contact metres and 32 tackles with one miss,sort of suggests that he came on and worked pretty hard.Suggests that possession was with the Panthers and he had to defend a lot,but of course Panthers having more possession and having to hit it up out of your own half is his fault.....
this has been a problem at manly for years. even when marty and AFB were tearing it up often in games we would lose it was because the opposition had more ball when they played there starting minutes. often retiring at first change after 25 minutes with 3 runs and 19 tackles. we totally would waste our trump cards

and yet all these years on the same thing

defenders are stationary at contact...they are trained to get up off the line, set their feet and the upper body moves forward...they aren’t running full tilt in the opposition direction...if they did, they’d ‘lose their feet’ as it’s called by coaches in the NRL. I’d love to see a defender make a front on tackle, mid stride at full speed. I think you’ve picked up the wrong textbook. Also, unless the three defenders you speak of are Siamese triplets, I reckon they’d have a hard time using their combined 340kg as a simultaneous force...you can run between defenders you know? It happens. The third defender generally comes in after contact too...you should watch some footy.

I’m also not referencing one game from the weekend...he’s played plenty of games and I’ve been less than impressed with his work rate...I reckon Des might want more from him too...hence his benching on the weekend.

Last edited:
Last year he averaged 40 min per game for 10 runs and 102 metres with 17 tackles per game.

Asofa-Solomona as a similar body type comparison played 40 minutes per game for 12 runs and 109 metres with 17 tackles per game

I think Paseka is coming along well

this morning at work when people started bagging manly to me the subject moved towards taniela, all i could say was he is the 2022 version of t-rex.@:cry:@:cry:@:cry:@:cry:
i wish it wasn't true

this has been a problem at manly for years. even when marty and AFB were tearing it up often in games we would lose it was because the opposition had more ball when they played there starting minutes. often retiring at first change after 25 minutes with 3 runs and 19 tackles. we totally would waste our trump cards

Yeah,I was surprised at the side picked,I would have switched them around (props)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I for one, am sick of seeing our pack perform in a mediocre fashion.

Even the games we won last year were a pretty even battle in the forwards...it was just that we had such a devastating attacking game, that we were able to do more with the ball than the opposition.

I was thinking about the Taupau, AFB dominance period the other day and I think there are a couple of interesting thoughts around it...

I remember they would tear the opposition apart but we would only score 6-12 points max because (a) we were coached by Barrett for a large part of it, (b) DCE was playing without a dominant 6 and (c) Tom was always injured.
I remember our attack being really poor during that period and I think if we had a fit Tom and some of the other pieces of the puzzle (Foran, speed on edges, etc.) we could have really taken advantage of a good pack in those days.

Now it seems, we finally have some strike but the pack are not up to it, week in, week out. So yeah, I really think the problem was not so much who came on when the big guns went off (of course it did drop off, but that happens to the opposition who rotate their pack as well) it was more the fact that we hadn’t converted the field position and momentum into points...suddenly the opposition look up and they’re right in the game, even though they’ve taken a battering.

defenders are stationary at contact...they are trained to get up off the line, set their feet and the upper body moves forward...they aren’t running full tilt in the opposition direction...if they did, they’d ‘lose their feet’ as it’s called by coaches in the NRL. I’d love to see a defender make a front on tackle, mid stride at full speed. I think you’ve picked up the wrong textbook. Also, unless the three defenders you speak of are Siamese triplets, I reckon they’d have a hard time using their combined 340kg as a simultaneous force...you can run between defenders you know? It happens. The third defender generally comes in after contact too...you should watch some footy.

I’m also not referencing one game from the weekend...he’s played plenty of games and I’ve been less than impressed with his work rate...I reckon Des might want more from him too...hence his benching on the weekend.
I said moving in opposite direction,not running flat out at the attacker(but feel free to take license with what I wrote)maybe you should watch more footy as this is what the Panthers did all game.
Gee if it was so easy to run between moving defenders(lol) it would be so easy to play prop.(If only those darn defensive players would stay still)
Even Nelson struggles with more than one defender on him.
To suggest he was benched is ridiculous Des picks his props based on what he thinks will be best for the game plan,which is why some weeks certain players start.
I have seen plenty of games and he always puts in,if you can't see that you just don't put a prop on the field and expect them to have the perfect circumstances that always allow them to do nothing but just hit it up then I can't change your view on how footy is played.
If only every prop could be a Haas he would not be rated so highly.

At least he offloaded. Don't remember any offloads from Paseka for a year. For a guy with his size he should be offloading multiple times a game.
Do you remember the Titans game? Burst thru on 10m line. Steps the fullback on the 30. Puts in a sublime kick for DW yo swoop and almost score. He has the game just needs to bring it more often.

I said moving in opposite direction,not running flat out at the attacker(but feel free to take license with what I wrote)maybe you should watch more footy as this is what the Panthers did all game.
Gee if it was so easy to run between moving defenders(lol) it would be so easy to play prop.(If only those darn defensive players would stay still)
Even Nelson struggles with more than one defender on him.
To suggest he was benched is ridiculous Des picks his props based on what he thinks will be best for the game plan,which is why some weeks certain players start.
I have seen plenty of games and he always puts in,if you can't see that you just don't put a prop on the field and expect them to have the perfect circumstances that always allow them to do nothing but just hit it up then I can't change your view on how footy is played.
If only every prop could be a Haas he would not be rated so highly.
Yawn 🥱

F = ma. Thus, if one guy is running full tilt and the opposition plant their feet for contact, then the guy running the ball is gonna be at an advantage. Of course there are more defenders but they aren’t glued together so the guy with the ball runs between defenders (why do you think late footwork is so valuable in the modern game? To wedge between defenders) and it’s called ‘dual contact’...he doesn’t run front on into three guys at the same time because you know, it’s not physically possible to stand where someone else is standing...you get that?

Also, we got pumped on the weekend so I reckon Des might just want a bit more out his forwards, which is all most of us are saying.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10