Suli being circled?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
suli on 550k is way too much.

If we're resigning dylan im fine with him going... the risk of him going is more if parkers form dropped off (performances ala v sharks) ... but having walker, tuitupulotu and koula, feel pretty safe.
Yeah he was re-signed on good coin after that 2019 finals series. Suli absolutely owned gagai. Hopes would have been high he turned a corner. But since then he has been no where close to that and with the emergence of Harper is depth for us unfortunately.

If he leaves then good luck to him.

Harper’s emergence has been a real plus for our salary cap...he would be on half of what Suli is earning but is two times the better player...win win for Manly if we can get Suli off our books.

If Suli was cut price, you’d keep him but for 550k, you can’t have him 18th man each week.

Just rewatched some of Manly's great win over the Eels, Tuipulotu came on for a short time and he'll be getting a go somewhere next year for sure. Not sure of his best position, he's quite a big body.

As the Dragons close in on Moses Mbye they are eyeing off another Moses – this time Manly’s destructive centre Moses Suli.

The Dragons pushed hard to snatch Suli from the Sea Eagles 12 months ago but the 23-year-old inked a new two-year deal to remain at Manly.

While Manly are loath to let him go, Suli is suddenly outside the top 17 as he sits behind Brad Parker and Morgan Harper for a starting centre spot. Injuries and the form of his Sea Eagles teammates have limited him to just 10 games.

The point I was making ....
When we were getting thrashed for over 12 games in succession where was Parkers defence ?

Stability and confidence in a winning side lifts players performance but the fact is players with limited potential and speed can only lift so high
where was Parkers defence you ask? sitting right next to the rest of the teams desire during those tough times. in the ****ter.

However, luckily It's now all cleaned up and polished like a gold plate turd.

Maybe the Dragons would be prepared to pay his full freight but really can not see Manly paying any . If as suggested Manly would be not that willing to let him go , would he really wish to leave and relocate or travel the considerable distance to the Gong to train almost every day just because he is currently 18 th man . Tippy toes looks like he may have some ability but last time i saw him playing for Black Town looked some distance from i st grade level . Hopefully Koula is not that far from top level footy but Walker has still not re signed yet . Suli could also provide a role as a back up 2 nd rower and still maintain that there would be not that much between him and Parker occupying a centre spot for now . If there is an indication that Manly have an inclination to let him go , would put a different complexion on it or Walker is re signed but if Manly aren "t keen to let him go and he does not wish to leave , why would it necessarily happen . Different if he was on a longer term contract but one more year and when he may still be a real asset . Suli and Lomax at the Dragons could most likely be a better combination then Parker and Harper here though would feel settled with for instance a Harper - koula combo playing top footy at Manly .

If Suli played every game like he played against the drag queens he would be worth close to the money he's on ..... but he has one or two good games per season ... a bit of a T-Rex imho
Yep, it’s a bit of a shame really, what will be even more disappointing will be if he goes to the goons and lives up to his potential, I’ve kind of got a feeling it might work out that way, which is very speculative at this point, but we can‘t really carry him on his pay cheque if his a) not starting and b) not even getting a run, looks like the time has come to give him one last chance or let him go.

I was hoping he was going to get one last opportunity coming into the business end of the season too prove himself, his size and hits ups out of our red zone this weekend would of been very handy, anyway his with us till the end of the year and on our books for next year, so you never know what might happen, he could end up with his chance yet, if so I hope he has a real crack, it’s a lot of potential to lose.

While the salary is smaller this is exactly like moving on AFB due to an inflated contract despite worth. It seems we had the forwards to cover afb and im sure we could cover the back up centre role

The season s going great guns but the future looks exciting. With boyle, jorge, jetski, suli, sirro and walker all boderline next year manly is going to inject maybe 5 more players to the fulltime squad next year.

You would presume promotion will take some of these spots but moving suli on may get us a couple of established graders as well .

He has just done nothing to show he can mix it with the best centres. His passing game is very limited .

In sulis life as a centre he has seen little of tommy lately.he was getting no opportunities . Tom is playing a non kicking halfback role and steering the ball left and right playing expansive footy and challenging the line every set of 6 but moses played in a different era it seems.

I think both siro and suli would be in better shape if they played more footy with Tom but take a day/ year off, and ya gorne

I would be happy to let Suli go, along with the others nominated in the above post. All could be replaced by promising juniors, although I'd really like to recruit Lomax if possible, and Connor Watson who is a terrific utility player.

where was Parkers defence you ask? sitting right next to the rest of the teams desire during those tough times. in the ****ter.

However, luckily It's now all cleaned up and polished like a gold plate turd.
We all have our benchmarks and high standards feathered friend and you are entitled to your view on our forum

My view is from watching the Manly Grand final standard centres in our legendary clubs proud history our current slow left centre is far from gold plated quality in both attack and defence

Firstly have always been a fan of Suli's Huge potential, but not his performances.
I have come to a conclusion that he will always be a player who has so much ability, but for whatever reason, will only ever deliver on the odd occasion....and sadly feel the best option for Manly is allow him the opportunity elsewhere.
But keep in mind, if Des can't get the best out of him, will only decline at another club imo.

We all have our benchmarks and high standards feathered friend and you are entitled to your view on our forum

My view is from watching the Manly Grand final standard centres in our legendary clubs proud history our current slow left centre is far from gold plated quality in both attack and defence

I think we get that you don’t rate Parker. 🤔

I wonder if saints are really after both moses.
Have they thrown suli in to try and get the more deal through

Firstly have always been a fan of Suli's Huge potential, but not his performances.
I have come to a conclusion that he will always be a player who has so much ability, but for whatever reason, will only ever deliver on the odd occasion....and sadly feel the best option for Manly is allow him the opportunity elsewhere.
But keep in mind, if Des can't get the best out of him, will only decline at another club imo.
This is the way I see it feathered friend

At the end of the day is it all about players living up to our legendary clubs great standards and great player performance that turned us into the greatest club of all .

That is our Benchmark we need to raise up to and Glorify our club once again with another grand final victory

03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker

• Centre depth: Brad Parker
  • Wing / centre depth: Christian Tuipulotu
  • Emerging depth: Tolutau Koula

Exits: Jorge Taufua, Moses Suli, Tevita Funa

Salary cap management.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4