Stewart 'Rested'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's the timing of this info that interests me. He was named Tuesday and usually any changes are left until an hour before game time. Yet here we are, knowing about it now. There was no official club release but clearly there was a deliberate leak. Something is at play here.

Let's also understand " rested" doesn't mean " dropped", it may well be injury related.

If he plays in the Reggies, he's been dropped, if he doesn't play at all its injury.

And remember it's only a tweet from James Hooper,he may well still run out.

Everyone bagging a Club Legend.... Did you see his try saving tackles last game? Do you honestly think those bombs he diffused wasn't up to standard? He may not be his best, and yes it will be time to move him on this year, but to have him rallying the troops, and reading the play from the back is critical in this must win match. Only an idiot would rest him on Monday, I'm calling BS, this has smokescreen written all over it. I say he plays...

Everyone bagging a Club Legend.... Did you see his try saving tackles last game? Do you honestly think those bombs he diffused wasn't up to standard? He may not be his best, and yes it will be time to move him on this year, but to have him rallying the troops, and reading the play from the back is critical in this must win match. Only an idiot would rest him on Monday, I'm calling BS, this has smokescreen written all over it. I say he plays...
Try savers? More like try assists

He's a typical journo James Hooper, in essence knows **** all and just makes it up to sound good.

Interestingly, its now Saturday morning (election day.....) and I have just checked the SMH and DT and there is nothing about Snake being dropped or rested.

Interestingly, its now Saturday morning (election day.....) and I have just checked the SMH and DT and there is nothing about Snake being dropped or rested.
The news came out after 5pm yesterday plus Manly don't play till Monday.

6pm Monday will be the only time we get the run on side. @:cool:

Sad thing is, Snake's impact on a positive result, is all but gone :(

#Go Manly

So last year it was Barrett's fault too I suppose..?

Last year just like this year was an injury ridden nightmare and that is a reasonable excuse for some poor performances and is an excuse that Toovey and Barrett have a right to use for 20% of the performance. However the big difference last year was that when we had a half reasonable side on the paddock we performed remarkably better than this year and even put the cleaners through Brisbane and looked more cohesive and committed. Add to that the bottom eight teams were all performing quite well last year and keeping us low on the ladder. This year the eighth position is there for the taking as most of the bottom eight are performing like garbage hence why we haven't dropped to last position all year. Also regardless of what combination we put out this season we have looked clueless in attack and defence more so in defence and the side looks continually bereft of ideas of how to put teams under pressure with our go forward and we have added Tapau and Myles to last years forward pack. Nobody is expecting this side to challenge for the title, if they are they are off their heads. Having said that we should be playing far better than we currently are regardless of injuries. Titans are currently an example of how I believe we should be performing at the moment. They are a no name side that is concentrating on the basics and working hard as a unit, They look well coached. We look very poorly coached and I don't want to keep hammering Barrett but unless he completely changes what he is doing we will be cannon fodder for the next 3 years.

Last year just like this year was an injury ridden nightmare and that is a reasonable excuse for some poor performances and is an excuse that Toovey and Barrett have a right to use for 20% of the performance. However the big difference last year was that when we had a half reasonable side on the paddock we performed remarkably better than this year and even put the cleaners through Brisbane and looked more cohesive and committed. Add to that the bottom eight teams were all performing quite well last year and keeping us low on the ladder. This year the eighth position is there for the taking as most of the bottom eight are performing like garbage hence why we haven't dropped to last position all year. Also regardless of what combination we put out this season we have looked clueless in attack and defence more so in defence and the side looks continually bereft of ideas of how to put teams under pressure with our go forward and we have added Tapau and Myles to last years forward pack. Nobody is expecting this side to challenge for the title, if they are they are off their heads. Having said that we should be playing far better than we currently are regardless of injuries. Titans are currently an example of how I believe we should be performing at the moment. They are a no name side that is concentrating on the basics and working hard as a unit, They look well coached. We look very poorly coached and I don't want to keep hammering Barrett but unless he completely changes what he is doing we will be cannon fodder for the next 3 years.
Absolutely 100 percent correct.

I would prefer him in the centres :giggle:

Being serious for a moment.....if Snake was in good form then yes, I too would prefer Tommy in the centres for the rest of the year. The problem is that since he did his hammy against Newcastle and came back for the away game against Cronulla, Snake has been pretty much woeful. I think Tom even on a bad ankle will offer more from fullback than Snake does right now.

Catch 22 situation here with most wanting TT at full back but he is playing injured and if he aggravates it further it may be worse for us in the long run.
He looked good in last weeks game. I am sure Tom, his parents and the medical staff would not let him keep playing if it could do him further damage.

Being serious for a moment.....if Snake was in good form then yes, I too would prefer Tommy in the centres for the rest of the year. The problem is that since he did his hammy against Newcastle and came back for the away game against Cronulla, Snake has been pretty much woeful. I think Tom even on a bad ankle will offer more from fullback than Snake does right now.

I'm sure Turbo is being well monitored but I'd hate for his injury to become chronic for the sake of an already lost season.
I'm probably being over cautious but he's just so valuable to our future.

Agreed @Andrew.. Although (probably thanks to a pain killing injection) Tom did actually get through the Cows game without limping like he has been doing in recent weeks.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6