Stewart 'Rested'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad day but imo he is playing injured and has lost confidence. Hopefully he can regain fitness and form. He's only 31 not 36.

I think we'll see him back. He probably is being rested to get his crap together both mentally and physically. A few weeks off will do him good and I think he will come back for a final swan song. The Manly management isn't stupid enough to cause disruptions within the playing group again by moving on a respected senior player who's loved by the fans.

Manly management isn't stupid enough.......

Um, yeah....ok.
They screwed up with Gifty but at least tapped Matai on the shoulder and are helping Lyon retire far more gracefully than they forced Gifty out of the club. We've got self absorbed people running the place but I don't think they want that public backlash again.

With the Gifty situation my understanding was they wanted to offer him a contract however it would have meant they didn't have the funds for both Foran and DCE down the line and they made the hard choice. Obviously they should have as Foran left anyway however I thought it was a rock and hard place call.

One of the issues Manly had was that they just had too many great players of the same age and all of them were getting offers from other clubs then they had the two best young halves both getting million plus offers from other clubs so it was a very tough situation. Not saying they handled it well but it wasn't straightforward.

With the Gifty situation my understanding was they wanted to offer him a contract however it would have meant they didn't have the funds for both Foran and DCE down the line and they made the hard choice. Obviously they should have as Foran left anyway however I thought it was a rock and hard place call.

One of the issues Manly had was that they just had too many great players of the same age and all of them were getting offers from other clubs then they had the two best young halves both getting million plus offers from other clubs so it was a very tough situation. Not saying they handled it well but it wasn't straightforward.
Fair point that you make there. It wasn't an easy decision but the point I was trying to make is that they've been through the bad PR before and probably want to handle Snake's retirement as well as possible to not let something similar happen again.

Megan "Good sort" Barnard just stated Brett Stewart has been dropped in her NRL latest news segment on Fox sports.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Fair point that you make there. It wasn't an easy decision but the point I was trying to make is that they've been through the bad PR before and probably want to handle Snake's retirement as well as possible to not let something similar happen again.
Yeah for sure. Good point. Hit the nail in the head

R u ****ing serious stewart is the worst (on form) fullback in the comp. pretty ballsy dropping him I reckon. Good work Barrett
You obviously don't understand the post. I am saying that Stewart is in part, a reflection of the below par coaching. You are either ballsy or plain stupid congratulating Barrett for anything...that is unless he quits. Then you can congratulate him. Also, did the confused Barrett really drop him? I mean, is Stewart lining up for the Intrust cup side? If not, he even fails at relegating players.

There's being 'dropped' and being 'rested'. If dropped, it'll be interesting to see the NSW Cup team tomorrow. If rested, well he's already missed a few weeks and considering next week's a bye, I don't believe this for a second!

There's being 'dropped' and being 'rested'. If dropped, it'll be interesting to see the NSW Cup team tomorrow. If rested, well he's already missed a few weeks and considering next week's a bye, I don't believe this for a second!
He may not be named in nsw cup cause he may be off to Catalans

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/79730f08dfba887dab561541a3c517e8

STEWART TO BE RESTED

Manly star Brett Stewart is set to miss the Sea Eagles’ clash with the Dragons at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

Stewart has been feeling the heat after a poor start to the year and has been linked with an early exit to English Super League.

“A lot of talk today that one of their star players, Brett Stewart, he’s going to be rested from Monday night’s match against St George Illawarra,” Fox Sports chief NRL reporter James Hooper told NRL Tonight.

“That’ll enable the Sea Eagles to put Tom Trbojevic, the young gun, back to fullback.

“By Brett Stewart’s standards he’s been a little bit off this season, he’s averaging only 46 metres per game, he’s played 11 matches this season.

“You compare that to a Cameron Munster from the Melbourne Storm, he averages 166 metres or Josh Dugan who averages over 200 metres when he starts at fullback.

“Some interesting times at the Sea Eagles, a little bit to play out yet, but just watch this space in relation to Brett Stewart.”

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2