Stewart offered $3.5 million to quit league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im with the above. I've been hesitant to have a go back because I really couldnt care less. However he is just a **** stirrer and its time he was banned for good.

I actually think Shane adds more value.

Oh, just relax guys - he's a human being, and human being's have an opinion that shock and horror may differ to others.

My personal opinion is the two events do not correlate. I find it wrong that situation keeps being brought up at ALL, let alone now. Brett has never been anything but a lovely person, and advocate of diabetese - an absolute asset to our brand.

In my opinion, if we are going to hurt roster wise, I think Brett should take up this magnificent offer. Glenn Can join him at the end of next season.

People can't complain, because I was told it is just part of the way sport is, and I'd wish them both all the best.

Ryan I have no issue with different opinions but it is as clear as it can be that he is only here to **** stir. He is not here for discussion. Don't get me wrong I love stirring people up but I do it with my own fans not other teams on their forums.

MrInvisible said:
It *could* be true.

You'll have to excuse me somewhat for being blunt but Stewart to other NRL clubs is considered damaged goods.

Not through his own doing, but through the Stewart Scandal. Other clubs will be hesitant to sign him, and sponsors are even more hesitant not to approach him.

Regardless of his guilty or not guilty result with his court case, the damage was done either way.

Closing in on the end of an NRL career he'd be nuts not to take a better offer elsewhere. New country, new club, new contract, and his past incident much behind him.

This is well thought out and makes sense to me. I tend to agree that some clubs would see Brett as damaged goods - both due to his injuries and the charges - through no fault of his own.

MrInvisible said:
Taking all this into consideration I'd like you all to take in something else.... the timing of the "Sins of a Father" article recently.

It's timing, and release, is still questionable. Why after all this time and not closer to the actual event?

There is a big question mark over who released the story to press, and with Stewarts management yet to sign up with Manly, you have to question if the articles timing was to attempt to attract more attention, and completely clear/confirm clearing of his name. It could also be to try and relax sponsors to the issue and gain third party deals.

One has to wonder why his signing has dragged on so long, as it could have been done months ago.

I half expect people to fire up with "rah troll" and other comments over this post, but I'm viewing this completely from the outside without Manly or Stewart coloured glasses on.

This is where you lost the plot... The timing was because this is when the alleged victim's sister chose to speak out. Do you think Brett or his management have control over that? Do you really think she would do that to help get Brett more money in his next contract? Just have a think about what you wrote and try to use some logic.

Poor research from the Tele (surprise surprise) London Irish play in the top comp in England.
If your going to bull**** a story atleast get some of the story correct.

Hey all. I have been a Manly fan all my life. For the better part of the last year I have enthusiastically participated in reading threads on this site and also, to a lesser degree, the Kennel as well. I must say the smarminess that Mr Cloak Of Invisibility exudes is almost tangible. He reminds me of those tubs of slime us kids of the 70's and 80's used to play with. It didn't smell too bad(otherwise no one would buy the sh!t) but over time it would collect all types of extra follicles and particles until it looked and felt bloody disgusting and was eventually discarded into the trash and we moved on to our next great toy(slinky or mr stretch). Forget abouit the grub and all his pomp and false inside knowledge. I would pay top dollar to give him a good slap! However it aint going to happen. So just scrape the slime from whatever thread he wishes to "add" his unbiased opinion to and rejoice that we have never won a wooden spoon his mob have 5. All our premierships have been legal there last 2 will be forever tarnished(95 7th tackle try and 2004 salary cap cheats)We have never won anything while being named after fruit and are the most succesful club of the last 40 years! I for one hoipe Stewart will stay!

As much as this would be a great deal for Brett, I don't think it has much substance. For one, the London Irish compete in the top division of English rugby union and they are NOT "in the second-tier English rugby union competition". Secondly why would they want to pay Brett that sort of cash. No offence to Brett but that's a lot of cash to be throwing at someone who has never played the game. They could just as easily get a current international star for that sort of money.

Here's a small discussion about it from the London Irish fans perspective: http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s97.htm?99,13366029,13366077.

Oh and thanks Jatz for your moderating work.

eagles2win said:
Poor research from the Tele (surprise surprise) London Irish play in the top comp in England.
If your going to bull**** a story atleast get some of the story correct.

LoL mate, I'm not surprised. Reading the Daily Telegraph for mine was like watching Hey Hey it's Saturday.

Rodo said:
Here's a small discussion about it from the London Irish fans perspective: http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s97.htm?99,13366029,13366077.

Re: Brian's Southern Hemisphere signing... Posted by: Quin Kong (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2012 22:47

[quote DrV'sHairyCraic]
London Irish are in the second-tier English rugby union competition[/ quote]

Good to see journalism is as good down there as up here

I see my email got through then...

This probably sums it up I reckon

You never have to worry about no toilet paper in the bathroom if you are reading Dean Ritchie articles while sitting on the loo.

tookey said:
You never have to worry about no toilet paper in the bathroom if you are reading Dean Ritchie articles while sitting on the loo.

Hahahahaha....if Dean Ritchies arse were a Chinese Restaraunt, I'd order the poo poo platter. :exclamation:

Wow - I missed the fun, but let me be the first to say HALLELUJAH at least one mod has seen the light - our number 1 troll has been given a holiday.

Have to feel sorry for him, evident short man syndrome.

Kevinward777 said:
All our premierships have been legal there last 2 will be forever tarnished(95 7th tackle try and 2004 salary cap cheats)We have never won anything while being named after fruit and are the most succesful club of the last 40 years! I for one hoipe Stewart will stay!

Hahahahaha classic what sort of ****ed up club would name themselves the berries no wonder they changed their name. By the way their 95 premiership was won on several blatant forward passes and that little c^*t Terry Lambsfry should've been sent off permanently for the **** he pulled.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
bones said:
Cameron said:
You're a f**k head (sorry mods but I am over this clown and his vendetta against a great person like Brett )

You come on here and rant about things you have no clue about. Go back and read the sins of the father thread

Brett Stewart had nothing to do with article he's management declined to cooperate with fairfax.
All so you will see "Lisa's" husband posted in the thread and states clearly why she instigated things with the SMH reporter

You are disgusting vile little worm to come over here and have audacity to post something like that.

Looking at thinks as outsider without bulldog glasses on I believe a poor woman was gang raped in coffs harbour in 2004 by a pack of filthy grubs from a filthy filthy club. The Nrls brand would be so much stronger if Canterbury were wound down tomorrow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7