Stewart offered $3.5 million to quit league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How come a lot of you blokes think the stewart boys only have til 2014? I would love to see them both here longer that and realistically could play til 2016 I'm sure. There are some players in your team that are irreplaceable and I feel that way about the stewarts. We have no one waiting in the wings either to replace stewart - hoppa Jr would have been ideal but that was crazy the money Parra offered and we were never going to match!

Simonmyers11 said:
How come a lot of you blokes think the stewart boys only have til 2014? I would love to see them both here longer that and realistically could play til 2016 I'm sure. There are some players in your team that are irreplaceable and I feel that way about the stewarts. We have no one waiting in the wings either to replace stewart - hoppa Jr would have been ideal but that was crazy the money Parra offered and we were never going to match!

Agreed x 1000

Bret will be 31 in 2016 - he can look to Super League then, but in 2014 he will be turning 29, not exactly in a wheel chair yet. I'd sign him up for 4 years, he's worth it! Manly can bring up a junior through the ranks in the mean time... in fact, Hoppa Jr will be ready to come back by then. Devastated when he signed with Parra.

If any of this is true you'd have to be silly to turn down that much coin.
And besides I'd rather Snake play in rugby union than play against Manly.
All that said I'd miss the guy as he is a true champ and is the glue that holds this mighty team together.

Didn't Foran sign after consultation with Snake and what he was doing in the future? He'd be a bit miffed if Snake left now don't you think?

Mal Cochrane said:
Didn't Foran sign after consultation with Snake and what he was doing in the future? He'd be a bit miffed if Snake left now don't you think?

Yes - if he knew he would of held Manly to ransom for so much more!

Mal Cochrane said:

Maybe he has a get out clause that he can activate if Brett Stewart leaves Manly :p

bones said:
Mal Cochrane said:

Maybe he has a get out clause that he can activate if Brett Stewart leaves Manly :p

well now we know what the next rumour is going to be about Manly!!!

I have said it before many times I reckon Mr I is a mod.

Why else wouldn't they ban him. no one else gets away with his ****, not that I have read this latest effort as I have him blocked and could not be bothered unblocking.

bob dylan said:

Why else wouldn't they ban him. no one else gets away with his s**t, not that I have read this latest effort as I have him blocked and could not be bothered unblocking.

Jatz bagged him yesterday mate.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Ryan said:
People are just too precious Marko's.
This is all supposed to be fun, mate.

Not directed at you mate.

Not taken that way Ryan.....no drama's with you mate, ever!!!

And agree it should be fun, and it is...most of the time!!

What should have happened, has, and that's to be applauded.....lets hope Mr Clown learns a valuable lesson...and when he comes back lets just talk footy and none of the other s**t he loves getting into to stir up the troops!!

BUT

As I say "lets move on"

Very good point !!

MadMarcus said:
Ryan said:
tookey said:
You never have to worry about no toilet paper in the bathroom if you are reading Dean Ritchie articles while sitting on the loo.

Hahahahaha....if Dean Ritchies arse were a Chinese Restaraunt, I'd order the poo poo platter. :exclamation:

If Dean Ritchie ran a Chinese restaurant it would be called "Always Wong".

Hahahahaha - our that Chinese Restaraunt in Chatswood - The Fook Yuen.

Cameron said:
bob dylan said:

Why else wouldn't they ban him. no one else gets away with his s**t, not that I have read this latest effort as I have him blocked and could not be bothered unblocking.

And that ends my conspiracy theory.

bob dylan said:
Cameron said:
bob dylan said:

And that ends my conspiracy theory.

Or.......... does it!

da da daaaaaaaaah!

Definitely 3 years but not sure of a 4th. Gutherson will be 21 in 3 years time and probably will want the spot. We can't let Brett go at present. He is playing so well.

The Stewart to union rumour continues to gather momentum. While in no way would I begrudge Stewart a payday of the magnitude supposedly being offered, it does raise a few questions.
1. Dean Whare would have been the ideal replacement and at a much cheaper price.
2. What about T Rex. would we have been able to retain him? Could we still retain him before June 30? (If Stewart is going to take up the RU offer)
3. Gutherson. Should Manly immediately look to extend his contract beyond 2014?
4. we would surely be able to chase at least couple of very decent forwards. Tasi etc.
I think the club needs to be able to move on this very very soon. Otherwise we WILL miss opportunities and bleed players such as Whare that we would otherwise have been able to keep. AGAIN I reiterate this is an offer that has come from left field and most certainly not something Stewart himself had planned. Waiting until after SOO 3 however in the scheme of things is too long.

Can someone please talk to Kevin w777, he is making way too much sense in these posts. No just laughing Kevin keep the posts coming mate I'm enjoying your thoughts.

We need to advise Brett that will all due respect we need an answer now. If he doesn't want to thats fine we should start tying up other players like Balin etc and if money runs out for Stewart so be it. Waiting for one and losing a host of others plus opportunities to purchase is not sensible in my opinion.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8