Steve Matai, Kieran Foran want to join exodus from Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taufua into Matai's center position & Cheyse Blair onto the wing............
Manaia Rudolph into 5/8.............
Stewart
Blair
Lyon
Taufua
Hiku
Rudolph
DCE
Mateo
Buhrer
Lawrence
Mason
Ballin
Starling

Reserves (4 of the following)
Vave
Lui
JSL
Symonds
Leary
Hasson
Hodges
Tom Trbo

Say Matai and Foran are punted before the season starts. Lyon has to play 5/8. Who do you want to see in the 3 & 4?

Options are:

Blair
Hiku
Gutherson
Santini
Wiliame
Berryman
T-Red (poss - he's filled in before)

Last edited:
Say Matai and Foran are punted before the season starts. Lyon has to play 5/8. Who do you want to see in the 3 & 4?

Options are:

Blair
Hiku
Gutherson
Santini
Wiliame
Berryman
T-Red (poss - he's filled in before)

Blair and Hiku

Wolfy and Gutho on the wings

I have had a back flip .. it was not pretty though .. we should keep them. Tell them the way to maximise their worth is by what they present this year. eg if Matai wants 2 x $400,000 a year show that he is a $400,000 player for the whole year, especially at the back end. If Foran wants to be considered and paid to be one of the marque players of the NRL show that this year and then take himself to the open market after that..

I have had a back flip .. it was not pretty though .. we should keep them. Tell them the way to maximise their worth is by what they present this year. eg if Matai wants 2 x $400,000 a year show that he is a $400,000 player for the whole year, especially at the back end. If Foran wants to be considered and paid to be one of the marque players of the NRL show that this year and then take himself to the open market after that..
Don't be so sensible!

Rediculous suggestion. Make players see out their contract without bitching and whining and play to their best ability! !!. Then negotiate at years end. Obviously you're not in NRL management. LMAO

Meanwhile back at the ranch .....Foran at work with his Manly team mates in the gym
10487263_859675450756558_2042142965363243032_n.jpg

Calm your farm peeps. Joe Kelly clearly hasn't been approached for a release. Nz and parra both bought centres for 2015. I find it near impossible that a spare 350k is sitting in their caps waiting for skivvy. My guess is the tool just found out DCE has knocked back the sharks and he's dirty.

Meanwhile back at the ranch .....Foran at work with his Manly team mates in the gym View attachment 932
Guys what is the problem ?

Sure both Foran & Matai are off contract at the end of the season but so what ??? The simple fact is they are contracted for 2015 and should play out there time here. If they decide to go elsewhere that is next year not this year !! In Matai's case I agree he should look at getting the best possible deal as he is entering into his last few years. Good luck to the bloke if he can get a better deal next year . In the meantime both he and Foran are Manly players contracted to the club for 2015 and as professionals will play to their utmost ability !

In Soccer around the world players move on to other clubs nearly every month on loan deals etc. The speculation is always there but in the end when they play for their club & the jersey they always give 100%. This issue seems to worry the supporters more than the players themselves. Unfortunately transfer rumours have been and always will be part of the game.

All this drama has been caused by paper talk initiated by a vindictive and jealous Journo who obviously has nothing else or new to write about !

In the end guys they are Manly players for 2015 and am absolutely convinced they will give their best in every game and try and win us the premiership this year !

I am also confident that Joe Kelly and the Management team know what they are doing and are on top of this !

Calm your farm peeps. Joe Kelly clearly hasn't been approached for a release. Nz and parra both bought centres for 2015. I find it near impossible that a spare 350k is sitting in their caps waiting for skivvy. My guess is the tool just found out DCE has knocked back the sharks and he's dirty.
Nice positive post Cliffy !!! :)

Tool also figured what we already know. Our beaches reign supreme over the ones on the ****e... I mean Shire

Hey guys, I know as much as anyone else here but let's seriously read between the lines here. More holes in this story than Cronulla's defense. Zero relevant quotes from either player regarding their *own* futures. Quotes from Joe Kelly indicate he has not been approached for a release by Matai. Utter hack journalism by a bloke who knows its January and the cricket doesn't sell papers. Article is full of hyperbole, hearsay and speculation with zero facts. I back our guys 100% over anything this fool says about them. If Skiv wants to finish his career elsewhere on big money then so be it, no Manly fan can begrudge him that after the service he has given us. But he should see out this season with us as his contract states. As for Foran? I love the guy but it is up to him whether he is happy here or not. He is all heart, tough as nails and a skillful player (remember R2 2011? My favorite game of his). He'll make a decision soon enough, but no one knows for sure what that decision will be, maybe not even him as yet. This is just a throwaway article written to appeal to the masses, and we all know the masses hate Manly. Just how we like it!!

Hey feathered friends . Do you know what I find so hilarious ?
There are over 200 nrl players off contract and the maggots in the media only talk about the Manly players LOL LOL LOL :)
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2015/
How many out of those 200 have asked for a release? 1 that I know of Matai maybe if he shut up (and just signed with who he wanted for next season) all would be quiet. It was quiet until this article http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-or-new-zealand-warriors-20150108-12jktw.html which Matai once again decided to go public. Sure the media is full of **** with our club but the last couple of years we have had our own players stirring the media last year choc and matai and this year has only started and Matai is at it again.

Hey guys, I know as much as anyone else here but let's seriously read between the lines here. More holes in this story than Cronulla's defense. Zero relevant quotes from either player regarding their *own* futures. Quotes from Joe Kelly indicate he has not been approached for a release by Matai. Utter hack journalism by a bloke who knows its January and the cricket doesn't sell papers. Article is full of hyperbole, hearsay and speculation with zero facts. I back our guys 100% over anything this fool says about them. If Skiv wants to finish his career elsewhere on big money then so be it, no Manly fan can begrudge him that after the service he has given us. But he should see out this season with us as his contract states. As for Foran? I love the guy but it is up to him whether he is happy here or not. He is all heart, tough as nails and a skillful player (remember R2 2011? My favorite game of his). He'll make a decision soon enough, but no one knows for sure what that decision will be, maybe not even him as yet. This is just a throwaway article written to appeal to the masses, and we all know the masses hate Manly. Just how we like it!!

The only quote he included from a player was what he describes as what Foz said "late last year".

Those quotes appear to be lifted directly from an SMH article from 24 July (http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...e-matai-says-kieran-foran-20140724-zwc0d.html)...

Hardly late last year and should not be relied on as representing Foz's current thoughts. Many things have happened since then, including the Penn buy out. You would imagine a number of proposals and counter-proposals have come and gone in that time concerning Matai's contract (from us and other clubs).

How many out of those 200 have asked for a release? 1 that I know of Matai maybe if he shut up (and just signed with who he wanted for next season) all would be quiet. It was quiet until this article http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-or-new-zealand-warriors-20150108-12jktw.html which Matai once again decided to go public. Sure the media is full of **** with our club but the last couple of years we have had our own players stirring the media last year choc and matai and this year has only started and Matai is at it again.
This crap goes on with every club . Don't be so gullible feathered friend LOL

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8