Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

The quality of first grade refs is as bad as I can remember, they're either biased to the extreme or simply incompetent, every game is a lottery because of it

Just having to deal with incompetent ref's for years was bad enough ... now we have to deal with bunker officials with their eyes painted on adjudicating from a rule book written by Monty Python ...

Just having to deal with incompetent ref's for years was bad enough ... now we have to deal with bunker officials with their eyes painted on adjudicating from a rule book written by Monty Python ...
Perspective time

Every one rises to their level of incompetence

If we focus into our level of excellence and do all the basics right we should be right :)

Perhaps. But what level of blame do you place on all the new rules, the refs having to learn the name of every player, the constant interruptions from The Bunker, the ridiculous interpretations, the duty-of-care, the misconception that every decision should be 100% correct due to the fact that we have a dozen cameras trained on the action?
Personally, I just think the complications in the sport these days makes it impossible to referee with total accuracy.
And all this whilst going back to one referee.
We may not have liked it but we got used to two refs - but now the game is faster with one ref and we wonder why there is more mistakes.

Obviously I can't get to the game but my night will still be a good one, look what just arrived, one way or another I'll be a happy boy🙂
OK...so, the beer is opened in case of a win and the gloss is for inhaling in case of a loss? I hope the boys win for your sake Eagleron....I'd settle for throwing the remote at the TV but each to their own ;-)

So no Mansour after all. Shame. Paulo, is less experienced but seems to hold up ok considering the bunnies have won every game he has played in.

C.Walker is dynamic on the Souths attacking Left-edge (where Johnson gets all his meat pies) - so it will hit the same soft-spot the Storm exposed.

Means Guac/Harper/Foran/Saab need to be on their game big time on that Manly right-edge def. Cody's try-assist highlight reel is a masterclass in drawing the man, creating an overlap and sending Johnson over basically untouched. It's super simple what he does, but seems like so many defensive lines struggle to defend against it.

This is definitely a concern in our D.

Another concern is Cook. Cook just providing dummy-half service is arguably on-par with Croker. When Cook chooses to run from dummy-half is what sets him apart, generally with a tiring D. Cook makes a lot of tackles per game - and he's not a huge guy so it blunts his attack if you are sending big guys at him all game - making ball security doubly important: it tires out Cook reducing his dummy-half runs, and also doesn't tire out our D - stopping Cook exploiting a ragged Def.

Souths generally win when the opposing team have a completion rate in the 70's (%) - and Manly generally complete in the 70's (%) - We need to complete well, like we did early against the Rooters, and if we get to 20+ ahead and start throwing it around? Well, I can live with that.

I'd love to be wrong but we are NO chance. None. Script says Souths
I'm not sure anymore. The NRL love a storyline.

Sure you have bunny boy coaching for the last time. That's a thing.

But then you have the apple pie Tommy Turbo line. Best player in the world leading a rag tag bunch of players to glory. Ratings are up, we attack like a great white shark at an all you can eat buffet all bookended by the mad professor.....

I call story 2 the more compelling

I think you'll be suprised - its a good view still and amongst the Manly fanatics will make our presence felt in a Big way !!

As for the game result in reality - it's a 50/50.
I feel this side is better than the Manly team that got ripped off badly when Jake was binned 2 years ago and by a way...also Souths have a few area's we can exploit....but the truth is, the Manly team that played last week against City needs to turn up, not the blokes from Final 1 vs Storm
Good points maxta, Very confident on our chances on Friday night though, we are coming in battle hardened and feel we offer a lot more in attack. A lot of comments in the sports media saying the Sths forwards may get on top of us early, really !!, think these comments are designed to put a bit doubt into our heads, the way I see it bring it on. If we bring last weekends A game again with us on Friday night and the way Tommy is treating anything in front of him with distain, it's not going to be a good night out if your a Bunny fan....GO MANLY !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8