Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

You can't get more 3rd hand then this but:

someone just told me that someone just told him that Parker has a broken hand and wont play.

Not saying it's true (usually don't even post goss) but we all saw the strapping on his hand post half time.

Anyone with info?

On second thought (third) meh...don't read this.

carry on

Um..stop going off at the ref...just talk to him, and ffs..stop giving away 6 agains (unless being instructed by des)...
And an autographed jersery should round it off - ask him if I should make it out to 'jake'?

And 'Hi' from Canada!
OK full disclosure time. Back in 2018 I took the family back home for a holiday. Wife is British, kids born in London so hired a place in Manly on the beach for a few nights. Pulled up just south of corso one night and as I was parking up I saw Jake walking up the footpath.

Now you have to understand I was a 42yo man who doesn't show too much emotion but I literally chased Jake down the road. My wife was like WTF are you doing chasing a child down the road??? She still tells the story to friends today how to her wonder her 6.3 Husband looked like a giddy schoolgirl seeing one direction and going full fan girl.....

someone just told me that someone just told him that Parker has a broken hand and wont play.

Not saying it's true (usually don't even post goss) but we all saw the strapping on his hand post half time.

Anyone with info?
Really @globaleagle How reliable is the source?

OK full disclosure time. Back in 2018 I took the family back home for a holiday. Wife is British, kids born in London so hired a place in Manly on the beach for a few nights. Pulled up just south of corso one night and as I was parking up I saw Jake walking up the footpath.

Now you have to understand I was a 42yo man who doesn't show too much emotion but I literally chased Jake down the road. My wife was like WTF are you doing chasing a child down the road??? She still tells the story to friends today how to her wonder her 6.3 Husband looked like a giddy schoolgirl seeing one direction and going full fan girl.....

She wouldn't have minded, but you were still in your car!!!!!!

Just having to deal with incompetent ref's for years was bad enough ... now we have to deal with bunker officials with their eyes painted on adjudicating from a rule book written by Monty Python ...
I watched an old game from 1998 the other day and it was such a great spectacle from what we have now because they were allowed to play footy. If the play-the-ball wasn’t inch perfect, so be it, play on.

Even just watching our semi final against the Sharks from 2019 and the ref just blew a try and you knew it meant try. Now it means maybe a try pending scrutiny from the bunker as we all wait for the ‘try confirmed’ sign in the right hand corner...it’s just terrible how every year they slowly erode the fabric of the game...and because it’s subtle changes each year, you don’t realise until you pause, just how far off the beaten track we’ve gotten. It’s sad.

I said don't read it and carry on!

(The guy who emailed me has no reason to b/s - Manly fan, member of mensa, etc)

dunno where he got it from.

so ignore...then if it turns out to be true..... suli gets his chance and I get the internet
So it's as reliable as most rumours on Silvertails. A few on here will be hoping it's true. It will be interesting to see what happens if it is.

People call us flat track bullies but I'd say Souths are similar to us in that regards, if they're going to win they win by plenty, but when they're losing they look absolutely putrid
Not exactly true. Ryan 'once was NEVER a ledgend' Girdler was the one person to say that. He got pretty wildly slamed for such a stupid statement....

Heard the bunnies have been using Latrell as a battering ram, trying to emulate Tommy's rampaging runs at the line. As Spud Carrol says you can't emulate GREATNESS !!
The Bunnies are trying to emulate the Storms game plan of shutting down the Turbo

They did a good job shutting down the Penrith try scoring machine

We need to have a plan B and not just rely on Tommy .

The more options a team has under its belt . The more ways it has to belt its opponent .

If Parker is out that could work to our advantage. I'd rather a rampaging Suli than a busted Parker. Just hope he doesn't miss any tackles.

Time will tell.
Bad luck for Brad if he has broken his hand

It will be also Bad luck for the Bunnies backline if the Malicious Moses the Monster is picked to take Brads place

The Bunnies are trying to emulate the Storms game plan of shutting down the Turbo

They did a good job shutting down the Penrith try scoring machine

We need to have a plan B and not just rely on Tommy .

The more options a team has under its belt . The more ways it has to belt its opponent .
Thought we saw signs of this last friday Bozo, when Tommy was being used as a decoy when DCE dummied to Toms side then sliced through the middle, this tactic is perfect against a tiring defence, when Tommy attracts defenders sliding across to team up on him. Souths rely on quick passes and ball movement along the backline, and if this doesn't work, their like fish in a barrel easy to get.

A photo of Des taking our pack of forwards on a Rabbit hunting training run

242383257_10223042698508123_2603358810719719175_n.jpg

Anyone with info?

On second thought (third) meh...don't read this.

carry on

So we get our inside Manly info now from Canada? Hey, why not!
This reminds of me of the time one of our player's contracts (Watmough?) was sent to someone overseas by accident.
If Parker is out bring in Jorge, he'll give them some hurry up :)

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10