Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Same with me, 6 of us all Manly fanatics in section 317, Manly supporters area. Not the greatest seats, we're tucked in the corner somewhat, at least we are with our people/tribe and will be making our presence known.
I think you'll be suprised - its a good view still and amongst the Manly fanatics will make our presence felt in a Big way !!

As for the game result in reality - it's a 50/50.
I feel this side is better than the Manly team that got ripped off badly when Jake was binned 2 years ago and by a way...also Souths have a few area's we can exploit....but the truth is, the Manly team that played last week against City needs to turn up, not the blokes from Final 1 vs Storm

Hey Global - when u see me chatting with Jake after the game - have you any words of wisdom to pass on for the GF ??:wait:

Um..stop going off at the ref...just talk to him, and ffs..stop giving away 6 agains (unless being instructed by des)...
And an autographed jersery should round it off - ask him if I should make it out to 'jake'?

And 'Hi' from Canada!

If we can play the game in their half we win. If it’s played in our half then we won’t. The kicking game and performance of the forwards is the key.

Simple really if we have go forward we have the strike power to put points on.
Correct in what you said there champ,if we get even possession and cherry pressures them in there red zone then it’s on.

Self belief and positivity was definitely there against the Roosters , similar outlook against the Bunnies will put them in real good stead to compete well again . Edge defence will have to be on song , can only stress again the communication factor , Souths can be good there if given the opportunity .Manly just has to organize well there or regroup and scramble well to ensure that it is not a negative . Souths will be vigorous but Manly should be up for that . Kicking game and field position naturally important too but sure that Manly will be focused enough for that . Just need a reasonable share of possession , this can be a potent attacking unit when they make the most of their opportunities, and put on the right plays . Probably will have to be patient at times too to built pressure [ no different to any other contender ] and Manly need their more experienced personal to provide the right direction there . Good enough to win , even money in many regards but more then within reach if they want it enough and compete for the full 80 .

I reckon the ref will be on our side for this game.
From a marketing point of view for the Grand Final week a Tommy Turbo led team gets more viewers than a Latrell-less Souths team that got belted by the Storm 50-0 last time they played.

As the game gets closer the feeling of a Manly win grows , Both teams within a chance, The X factor Manly has to turn the game , South’s lost there’s with Mitchell being out , South’s will want a grind a believe that can get Manly on the edge , If Manly can hold them there and minimise there errors the game is there for the taking , The key point is errors this manly team has some errors in them control that and it goes along way to winning this game

I reckon the ref will be on our side for this game.
From a marketing point of view for the Grand Final week a Tommy Turbo led team gets more viewers than a Latrell-less Souths team that got belted by the Storm 50-0 last time they played.
You are obviously basing this supposition on recent TV marketing which, as far as Manly is concerned, is totally non exisistant.

Storm, Panthers and South's are the only teams playing this week. NRL probably hasn't told Manly where the game is to be played!

The quality of first grade refs is as bad as I can remember, they're either biased to the extreme or simply incompetent, every game is a lottery because of it
Perhaps. But what level of blame do you place on all the new rules, the refs having to learn the name of every player, the constant interruptions from The Bunker, the ridiculous interpretations, the duty-of-care, the misconception that every decision should be 100% correct due to the fact that we have a dozen cameras trained on the action?
Personally, I just think the complications in the sport these days makes it impossible to referee with total accuracy.

Just got our tickets - 6 extra's joining the fun in section 318 - Lets make some noise - MANLY supporters ONLY !!
Obviously I can't get to the game but my night will still be a good one, look what just arrived, one way or another I'll be a happy boy🙂

Attachments

• 20210922_095651.jpg
    20210922_095651.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 23

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12