SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Much like the NRL I’m much less invested in SOO than ever before.

I really think the game as a whole has lost its mojo.
SOO lost most of its lustre to me when they brought the Broncos in part of the reason it was so successful was that you could see blokes like the king play that you didn’t see week to week now you get to watch good not great players take 5 hit ups and kick to the corners

Can't agree with the anti Des sentiment on here. When you look at the garbage available in the coaching ranks, how anyone could think it is wise to move Des on now is completely stupid.

Yeah I agree with this 100%.

Id also say if Tigers reach out to Des this week when they sack Madge he will be off like a shot if the money is right.

Then we will be looking at Paul Green or Flanagan - of course they could always revisit Tooves or Twent??

Jake not making the 22 man squad is a kick in the guts for him. Only way it makes sense is if Jake asked to be left out to help Manly, otherwise it is a complete disgrace. Loyalty pick and stick is one thing, but dropping the bloke who by all accounts gave everything in a NSW jersey for Tariq Sims and Frizzelle is genuinely abominable. Jamie Lyon was right when he walked away from the Blues, they genuinely don’t deserve it. I remember Kite couldn’t get picked for NSW when he was an Australian prop, probably opting for Luke Bailley or Ryles who never won a comp.

Jake not making the 22 man squad is a kick in the guts for him. Only way it makes sense is if Jake asked to be left out to help Manly, otherwise it is a complete disgrace. Loyalty pick and stick is one thing, but dropping the bloke who by all accounts gave everything in a NSW jersey for Tariq Sims and Frizzelle is genuinely abominable. Jamie Lyon was right when he walked away from the Blues, they genuinely don’t deserve it. I remember Kite couldn’t get picked for NSW when he was an Australian prop, probably opting for Luke Bailley or Ryles who never won a comp.
Can’t believe Kite never got picked, wish we had someone like him in our squad now

Unfortunately Jake has had to compensate for the lack of starch we have through the middle defensively at the moment. He does the work of others around him and it hinders his ball playing ability.

Anyone that thinks being dropped will have a negative impact on his game doesn’t know the type of person he is. Yes he wears his heart on his sleeve but he’s not going to sulk about this. He’ll take it as a kick up the bum.

Unfortunately Jake has had to compensate for the lack of starch we have through the middle defensively at the moment. He does the work of others around him and it hinders his ball playing ability.

Anyone that thinks being dropped will have a negative impact on his game doesn’t know the type of person he is. Yes he wears his heart on his sleeve but he’s not going to sulk about this. He’ll take it as a kick up the bum.
As I said it could go two ways , let’s hope it’s the way you say which may not be a bad thing actually!!

I don't blame Freddy, I think it might be the repeat sets Jake gives away, can't afford to be giving QLD too many leg ups.
That & there are a number locks / back rowers better than him. Jake is slow & not up to origin anymore. His form since he got his pay rise has been poor to say the least. I can’t see Jake getting selected for origin again….

I was at the time , “ first one picked “ they said !’

I said it and am still completely stunned. I thought NSW had learned their lesson.

This is not a Freddy team its Andew Johns' side - I mean how else would Frizelle and Siafiti even get considered. Matterson is a hack and if they are going on club form Sims doesnt make it.

All that said I stunned that JAC got dropped - at least I can see Jakes form is down but JAC plays with 12 cripples every week.

On what planet does Daniel Tupou get picked over JAC - thats the price of not signing with the Knights id suggest.after meeting with Buderus more than once.

Anyway I hope they smash Slater and his team off the park but I think the series will be a littler closer this year because of injuries.

It’s also a testament to how badly we are going. If we were playing well I would say Jake would make it.

I am shocked JAC wasn’t picked either based on previous form however he has been ordinary since joining the Dogs.
Terrible decision for his career. Burton has been rubbish as well.

Fitter is clearly looking to the future, as he should, for those fringe squad
Last year, I think Utukoimanu (Tigers) was included in this role. Schuster was in line to be selected, but Manly didn't have a bye for that Origin game.

You'll hate for this but I'm happy he's out. Being the selfish SOB I think DCE being missed for a few weeks is manageable, losing the heart of the team....NO! It may give him time to reflect...Des won't, on his performance, maybe they will let him get back to what he was GREAT at?

How many more years do we have the $900K Labrador for. No wonder we can't find a hooker.
$1.2mill capt confused goose
$1.0 mill porcelain bench ornament
$900K plodding labrador
$800K cornrows benchpresser.
Nearly half the salary cap.
God help us.
Tom is on 1.2

Jake unfortunately isn't up to SOO standard anymore. To be totally honest he doesn't really have the right attributes to be a highly effective thirteen at NRL level either. No one can question his defence, or his work ethic, but it's hard to see how he makes SOO again. I think we've seen the best of him already. Tough call by Fittler, but definitely the right one.

Some times a player has to be dropped before they can rise up to their best again

This is the best thing that could happen to Jake .

Complements of our teams poor performance Jakes has also been a victim

The Manly losing pandemic has infected and affected most of our players

The Good news for Jake is that at least we wont be playing in a losing Blues team against the

MIGHTY MAROON QUEENSLANDERS !!!!

1653824705175.png

I can see this being a big issue for the club.

Hard to see him getting back for the blues. I agree this is on the coach.

His next contract could be a a major downgrade.

Sounds like the Glenn Stewart issue all over again.

Safiti/Frizelle getting picked over him - its an insult if you ask me.

Ado-Carr missing out is a farce.
Glenn Stewart a million times better than jake. BTW

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11