SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope Jake and Tom are seething and disgusted by this and both retire from Origin and do a Jamie Lyon. Jake may not be a starter but there is no way on his previous stints for the Blues he should be dropped, this is NSW stupidity and the reason we went into the wilderness last time. All those 2 faced arsclowns like Brandy and Freddy singing Jakes praises on the all Footy Shows and at the first sign of adversity they leave him out. Scumbag move.
I love Jake but it’s professional sport and the team should be picked on form. Jake is no
longer a rep quality footballer. He is just a solid first grader.

Yeo
Radley
Murray
Finucane

....are all ahead of Jake because they have leg speed as well as a bit of footy in em.

As others have mentioned, losing DCE for Origin will hopefully help improve our right edge attack (as long as Des doesn't replace him with some bizarre selection).

Lmao....you just know Foran will play 7 amd Walker will play 6.
Shushter off the bench for his match fit 20 minutes.

In Dinasour Des we trust.

I love Jake but it’s professional sport and the team should be picked on form. Jake is no

Yeo
Radley
Murray
Finucane

....are all ahead of Jake because they have leg speed as well as a bit of footy in em.
Agree that Yeo is a better player than Jake, Yeo is outstanding at the moment, Murray is a little bit more elusive but offers pretty much the same as Jake. I honestly don't see Radley and Finucaine as any better than Jake. Plus Jake brings so much to team harmony. If the rest of the team were firing we wouldn't be looking at Jake, Our front row is putrid at the minute and a ball playing lock that gets bogged down in tackling because his front rowers are cats and his makeshift hooker is natuarally a halfback, that is why Jake has dropped back in form, not because of anything he or Des have done. Fainu going to a church disco has had a huge negative effect on Jakes career, fact.

Yeo
Radley
Murray
Finucane

Jake gets picked at prop for NSW so he isn't competing against those other locks really.

I'd argue he is better than J Safiti if the rumours of him being selected are true.

Righty so, got to pick players on form and Jake doesn’t make it, reliable player, lacks the game changing influence he once had with an offload or a big hit dislodging the ball.

Hardly breaks a tackle with the ball in hand.

Needs to get back to where he was with his game in 2019.

Righty so, got to pick players on form and Jake doesn’t make it, reliable player, lacks the game changing influence he once had with an offload or a big hit dislodging the ball.

Hardly breaks a tackle with the ball in hand.

Needs to get back to where he was with his game in 2019.

That's the conservative Dinosaur Des effect.

Lmao....you just know Foran will play 7 amd Walker will play 6.
Shushter off the bench for his match fit 20 minutes.

In Dinasour Des we trust.
Will Walker be fit ?? That knee injury has been plaguing him for weeks. I doubt he gets picked at 6 even if he is "fit". He can't even last 50 or 60 minutes off the bench let along 80 minutes. Anyway Walkers days as a half are long gone, much like his days as a centre.

Not sure Schuster will last 80 either to be honest, but Des will feel he has to give him a go there if he is the supposed first choice 6 for next year. Humphries ??

Jake gets picked at prop for NSW so he isn't competing against those other locks really.

I'd argue he is better than J Safiti if the rumours of him being selected are true.
It’s not even an argument mate, he’s far better and more versatile. Jakes will lock the middle down defensively. Fittler is dumb as dogs$&@ always has been. It’s a typical nsw call tbh drop guys that have helped bring that piece of s$@“ blues side back to winners. Hope qld smash them 3-0. On a side note I couldn’t give a rats about origin and usually only cheer for manly players not getting injured. Just feel pissed off for Jake and fox tbh. Hope it drives both those guys to play better at club.

Will Walker be fit ?? That knee injury has been plaguing him for weeks. I doubt he gets picked at 6 even if he is "fit". He can't even last 50 or 60 minutes off the bench let along 80 minutes. Anyway Walkers days as a half are long gone, much like his days as a centre.

Not sure Schuster will last 80 either to be honest, but Des will feel he has to give him a go there if he is the supposed first choice 6 for next year. Humphries ??

In Dinosaur Des we trust.

If he is competing against props, I think he is even longer odds to get a gig because he has no leg speed and his hit ups lack the intensity required for such a game. His defence and ability to ball play are his greatest attributes; neither of which are as pivotal for a prop forward. Props can’t afford to make 50+ tackles...lock forwards who ball play can.

Jacob S is not going to be in the team, he’ll just be in the squad. But yes, Jake should get a squad spot ahead of him.

Hopefully Jake will now realise that he is not a walk-in to the squad and needs to get his performance back up again. Look for a big game this weekend against the Warriors.

The players picked have shown form lately hence why their clubs sit much higher than ours. I’d rather have a fired up Jake playing for Manly and focus his attention on Manly rest of the season.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8