SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good for manly Saturday night, I’d rather have him out there tackling for manly. Also he will take it personally and have a big game hopefully.

Freddie will choose a team of roosters and panthers.
Hoping Api gets in with his Panther connection. And because I still miss him, and would love to see him get the gig.

I love Jake but it’s professional sport and the team should be picked on form. Jake is no
longer a rep quality footballer. He is just a solid first grader.

Yeo
Radley
Murray
Finucane

....are all ahead of Jake because they have leg speed as well as a bit of footy in em.
Yeo and Murray over Jake? Easy decision.

Radley - well that's a conversation but I'll take Jake.

Finucane over Jake? no way

Yeo and Murray over Jake? Easy decision.

Radley - well that's a conversation but I'll take Jake.

Finucane over Jake? no way
Agree to disagree. Finucane is a really underrated player. The best coach the game has ever seen labelled him the best trainer he’s ever coached...sets standards of professionalism. He still carries the ball strong is a great defender but comes cheaper than Jake.

Radley is elite.

I love Jake because he is a champion bloke and his defence is crucial for us...imagine some of the score lines against us if he doesn’t play?! Terrifying. However, at rep level, there are enough other quality players around the squad, that a guy who offers little outside of making 50 tackles, can be substituted comfortably for a more dynamic alternative. In other words, his value to Manly is not the same as his value to NSW.

Did you see JAC running up out of the line giving away 2 tries today. I know it's the sh**ty Dogs team but it wasn't good.

Yeah I did but he is a very high profile player - he is the games number 1 winger imo.

23 22 man squad - think Suaalii only selected for work experience

22 man squad.jpg

Last edited:
Some anti sentiment towards Freddie and the selection of the squad, picking on form is the way it should be in my opinion.

If you had a child who is performing not getting picked over others not performing for rep footy you would have the right to feel hard done by.

For manly I hope it sends a message to those not selected to lift their game!

Loyalty that’s a Queensland trait.

No way he deserves to play origin period!

Poor Jake but the upshot is its good for us. Freddie will (rightly so) pick players from in-form teams and we ain't one of them.

Jake is definitely not worthy of a Blue jersey on form this year, especially when you look at whose in front of him.

The players picked have shown form lately hence why their clubs sit much higher than ours. I’d rather have a fired up Jake playing for Manly and focus his attention on Manly rest of the season.

Lol players like safiti,frizell,sims, sualli???

They are in good form and or from form teams? That'll do me!!

23 man squad - think Suaalii only selected for work experience

View attachment 21243
Interesting to see what happens come Tuesday team selection.I’d of thought those unlikely to play Origin would be selected for their club sides.Although the ever threat of Covid may stop that.Obviously Suaalii has enormous potential,but does he deserve the recognition of an Origin call up even if he’s not likely to play,over Garrick?(yes it may appear bias,but Garrick has come a long way)

Interesting to see what happens come Tuesday team selection.I’d of thought those unlikely to play Origin would be selected for their club sides.Although the ever threat of Covid may stop that.Obviously Suaalii has enormous potential,but does he deserve the recognition of an Origin call up even if he’s not likely to play,over Garrick?(yes it may appear bias,but Garrick has come a long way)

Fair call, for today,....though Garrick has sort of essentially reached his ceiling....Suaalii has a long, long way to go. Whether he makes it or not is up for debate.

Fitter is clearly looking to the future, as he should, for those fringe squad spots.

Fair call, for today,....though Garrick has sort of essentially reached his ceiling....Suaalii has a long, long way to go. Whether he makes it or not is up for debate.

Fitter is clearly looking to the future, as he should, for those fringe squad spots.
Yeah I’m not questioning Suaalii’s future,just think rep sides should be reward for performances,even if they don’t play.There’s probably wingers that deserve a call up ahead of them too

I know the players probably care but as far as I’m concerned SOO is an overhyped exhibition match and they have jumped the shark by appointing celebrity coaches who happen to be contracted to the 9 network who also happen to have exclusive rights to the game
Much like the NRL I’m much less invested in SOO than ever before.

I really think the game as a whole has lost its mojo.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8