Solomona and Gillett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Warriors are also in the market for Gillett with him saying on Fox Sports there is a chance he could move across the ditch.

By making the comments about knowing nothing about us and wants to stay in Brisbane and then saying he could move to NZ is code for i am going somewhere

With our current coaching staff, I suspect that we are no chance to sign any top shelf talent. Unfortunately, we are currently in the Godinet, Wright and Winterstein field.

Manly don't need Gillette
Born in new south Wales
Plays for Queensland
Surely we can do better than him

Courier Mail's Chris Garry tweeted that Gillett was taking the piss in regards to a move to NZ. Also said he thinks he'll be staying in Brisbane.

We will make some good signings, things need to be sorted out with our salary cap and then Bozo will go BOOM BOOM BOOM. Thanks for coming a backrower, a prop and a couple of decent backs. I can feel it in my bones.
giphy.gif

After having watched Gillett play many games (my favourite was when Michael Weyman knocked him out), I hope we do not pay him 600/700k a season.There are only 3 edge backrowers that are worth paying big coin for and they are Cordner/Mau/Frizzell and that is because they can do the 3 things that an edge backrower needs to do: create havoc on the edge,play 80 mins. and help up the guts (admittedly different uses of the bench means that they do not have to play all 80 mins.)Gillett does not do enough to pay big money for,I am happy enough to have Buhrer/Hopoate (who can play wide and up the guts)/Taupau/Winterstein(who can play centre/wing if needed).I also can't say that Solomona impresses enough,he did some good things in the first couple of minutes,but looks to tire easily if possession does not go Melbournes way.He made little impact off the bench and tired fast after a hectic start to the 2nd half. However he is young and has a massive upside,but is he worth paying big bucks for when Meehan could possibly fulfill that role.....

After having watched Gillett play many games (my favourite was when Michael Weyman knocked him out), I hope we do not pay him 600/700k a season.There are only 3 edge backrowers that are worth paying big coin for and they are Cordner/Mau/Frizzell and that is because they can do the 3 things that an edge backrower needs to do: create havoc on the edge,play 80 mins. and help up the guts (admittedly different uses of the bench means that they do not have to play all 80 mins.)Gillett does not do enough to pay big money for,I am happy enough to have Buhrer/Hopoate (who can play wide and up the guts)/Taupau/Winterstein(who can play centre/wing if needed).I also can't say that Solomona impresses enough,he did some good things in the first couple of minutes,but looks to tire easily if possession does not go Melbournes way.He made little impact off the bench and tired fast after a hectic start to the 2nd half. However he is young and has a massive upside,but is he worth paying big bucks for when Meehan could possibly fulfill that role.....
I don't agree about Gillett, he is exactly the type of forward we are missing at the moment. I do agree about Solomona, he is massive, but we have massive in Meehan and I am not sure we need another big body on good coin if the interchange is dropping to six next year.

Last edited:
I don't agree about Gillett, he is exactly the type of forward we are missing at the moment. I do agree about Solomona, he is massive, but we have massive in Meehan and I am not sure we need another big body at good coin if interchange is dropping to six next year.
If we sign him I would not cry about it,obviously he can play and will be a good player but I do not know if he is worth 650K.If we sign him and he turns out to be a star for us I will happily eat my digital words....

If we sign him I would not cry about it,obviously he can play and will be a good player but I do not know if he is worth 650K.If we sign him and he turns out to be a star for us I will happily eat my digital words....
I just think we need some experienced heads with Jamie, and possibly Matai and Snake leaving. He has played in a GF, played SOO and for Aus and is still at his peak I think, so a 3yr deal would be good for us.

If we are really chasing Gillette maybe we are planing to move Buhrer to hooker
I would love to see Buhrer with the starting 9 jersey with Parcell on the bench and Api in the 6 partnering DCE

I think a backrow of:

11. Marty Taupau
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jamie Buhrer

With starting props of
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick

Would be maybe the best starting core in the league.

If we are really chasing Gillette maybe we are planing to move Buhrer to hooker
I would love to see Buhrer with the starting 9 jersey with Parcell on the bench and Api in the 6 partnering DCE
Buhrer is not a hooker, great player but not quick enough to play hooker. Api and Parcell are probably the 2 best young hookers in the game and I'm sure that they will be our future hookers one on the bench. If we sign Gillett he will move to buhrers spot and Buhrer will go to lock or the other back row spot.

I think a backrow of:

11. Marty Taupau
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jamie Buhrer

With starting props of
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick

Would be maybe the best starting core in the league.
I know our starting back is going to be awesome but but they all should be worried about our bench! With Parcell or Koroisau as our utility coming on and exploiting tired forwards will be lethal then we will have possibly Meehan, Knight and Hopoate with destructive impact it's going to be a great forward pack

Buhrer is not a hooker, great player but not quick enough to play hooker. Api and Parcell are probably the 2 best young hookers in the game and I'm sure that they will be our future hookers one on the bench. If we sign Gillett he will move to buhrers spot and Buhrer will go to lock or the other back row spot.

ask Jamie Buhrer what he thinks about our remarks :)

i think he would prove you wrong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8