• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
...In saying that, if Choc came out and said “I’ve been a dope and I want to be part of the club again”, Id be ready to smoke the peace pipe. I think there is a good chance that Choc will be brought back into the fold with Des at the helm.
Not likely as long as DCE is here. He seems to have a particular nasty, personal gripe with DCE that he just can't let go of.

Not likely as long as DCE is here. He seems to have a particular nasty, personal gripe with DCE that he just can't let go of.

You’re right, it does seem to be a nasty, personal gripe held against DCE. I just think that wise old heads like Des, Crusher and Donny can help build the bridges but it will take Choc wanting to. I hope he does cause DCE doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to hold a grudge.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I heard this afternoon (not from anyone connected to club) that Snake will be assisting Matt Ballin with under 20s.

I know he is back in Sydney- anyone else heard this??

Have you been able to confirm/deny this tbrough your conduit to the club yet mate?

Would love to see him back, has a lot to offer our squad as a whole.

The fact that choc has tried so hard to change his appearance says a lot to me...
dc-comics-batman-arkham-knight-the-joker-statue-prime1-studio-feature-903231-1.jpg

Ah you were too young to see Graham Eadie at his peak. Eadie was a very fast forward like full back who crashed or out sped oppositions, positionally brilliant, an excellent defender and could kick goals from anywhere. Not as scintillatingly fast as Stewart, but if Fulton hadn't come along Eadie may well have been our best ever player. He was awesome. In my best ever Manly team I have Eadie at full back, Stewart and Irvine on the wings, Lyon and Fulton centres, Lyons five eighth and Toovey half.
The forwards would be Reilly, Randall, Menzies, Bull, Krillich, O'Neill and reserves Hasler, Watmough, Kennedy, Roberts
so so true..... Eadie was magic as a full back and his goal kicking was the icing on the cake....well remember the kicking duels from end to end when I was a kid.

Have you been able to confirm/deny this tbrough your conduit to the club yet mate?

No I haven’t asked - don’t want to wear out my welcome@;).

Mate, no offence but you shouldn’t make that call without seeing footage or having seen Wombat in the flesh. It’s like watching half a movie and labelling it a classic. Snake was exceptional and an absolute joy to watch, but not the best.

I was blessed to see the great Wombat play, as I’ve said perhaps not the sublime passing skills of Snakie but by golly that man had everything else and more!!

Can't believe Batty has been totally ignored as one of our great FB's in this thread.

Maybe i'm one of the only geriatrics here who is old enough to have seen him play.

Played over 200 games exclusively for Manly, was a fortress-like defender, had great game vision and scored over 1000 points.

He was a great FB.

I would put him after Eadie and before Snake and Turbanhead as our most important FB's..

From what I’ve heard of Wombat and what I’ve seen of Snake, I don’t think I could choose between either. It would be a bloody coin toss.

The way I look at Snake is that he had a lot of misfortune throughout his entire career yet still managed to become one of the best players of a club that has an endless list of greats. Shoulder got destroyed in 2003, both knees done in 09/10, that horrible court case, diabetes and niggling hamstring injuries that eventually sapped his speed. The greatest compliment that I can give him is that a red line went through our premiership credentials whenever he was injured and it is a true statement. Should have been a 3 time premiership winner except for a despicable refereeing performance by that cheat Hayne in 2013 and Snake also had to face off against a salary cap cheating team in 2007 who we had matched up well to throughout 2006/2007 up until that grand final.

Wombat was the best fullback of his era and Snake was the best of his. That’s all that matters to me

Last edited:
I saw Bob Batty in 1971 when I was 13 but really don'tr remember him much. Eadie was a sensational fullback and I had the privilege of watching him at Brookie throughout the seventies and early eighties. Comparing players from different eras is difficult and particularly when they were different styles of players. Eadie was big and powerful and a stonewall in defence. Stewart played well above his weight and was electric in attack. In my mind they are the two best fullbacks to play for Manly and I don't need to split them. IMO they are a class above Ridge who was a great fullback and someone I enjoyed watching. IMO Brett Stewart is a legend and a champion as is his brother Glen!

He's always been ultra talented, with a brain the size of a pea

Let's hope Tom makes us forget his career so far

Australian and NSW rep by 21.....Slater had not represented Australia at the same age......Majority of NRL players would be give their arm to achieve in their entire career what Turbo has in the first few years.

Sure he still has some defensive and positioning issues to work through but name 1 fullback who was better than Turbo at the same age? (Ponga may prove to be but I'd like to see how he goes in season 2)

Turbos biggest issue is fans on here expect him to be Eadie, Langlands, Churchill and Slater combined and if he falls short of that he is rubbish and an average talent like Dufty, a solid player like Hoppa or an untried rookie like young Hoppa should take his place

Madness

Last edited:
Australian and NSW rep by 21.....Slater had not represented Australia at the same age......Majority of NRL players would be give their arm to achieve in their entire career what Turbo has in the first few years.

Sure he still has some defensive and positioning issues to work through but name 1 fullback who was better than Turbo at the same age? (Ponga may prove to be but I'd like to see how he goes in season 2)

Turbos biggest issue is fans on here expect him to be Eadie, Langlands, Churchill and Slater combined and if he falls short of that he is rubbish and an average talent like Dufty, a solid player like Hoppa or an untried rookie like young Hoppa should take his place

Madness

TT hasn't played fullback in any rep teams, only wing and centre, which brings us to another question - is he a centre/winger or a fullback?

Maybe Cherry was thinking Mitchell Marsh, rather than Shaun?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4