• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The kid is good but he will never be sNAke.
Snake is the clubs best fullback in our history and for this dog to come on here say I would ever bag him. Has me livid. All time and Jake wanna do is be t-baz best mates. F them
Obviously, the Turbos consider Barrett to be a friend. If they turned their back on him because he is no longer the coach... that would be far worse in my opinion. They haven’t come out and said they don’t want Hasler to be their coach, or that they want to play for another club. People become friends for all manner of reasons, and true friendship endures.

The kid is good but he will never be sNAke.
Snake is the clubs best fullback in our history and for this dog to come on here say I would ever bag him. Has me livid. All time and Jake wanna do is be t-baz best mates. F them

Ah you were too young to see Graham Eadie at his peak. Eadie was a very fast forward like full back who crashed or out sped oppositions, positionally brilliant, an excellent defender and could kick goals from anywhere. Not as scintillatingly fast as Stewart, but if Fulton hadn't come along Eadie may well have been our best ever player. He was awesome. In my best ever Manly team I have Eadie at full back, Stewart and Irvine on the wings, Lyon and Fulton centres, Lyons five eighth and Toovey half.
The forwards would be Reilly, Randall, Menzies, Bull, Krillich, O'Neill and reserves Hasler, Watmough, Kennedy, Roberts

Last edited:
Ah you were too young to see Graham Eadie at his peak. Eadie was a very fast forward like full back who crashed or out sped oppositions, positionally brilliant, an excellent defender and could kick goals from anywhere. Not as scintillatingly fast as Stewart, but if Fulton hadn't come along Eadie may well have been our best ever player. He was awesome. In my best ever Manly team I have Eadie at full back, Stewart and Irvine on the wings, Lyon and Fulton centres, Lyons five eighth and Toovey half.
The forwards would be Reilly, Randall, Menzies, Bull, Krillich, O'Neill and reserves Hasler, Watmough, Kennedy, Roberts
100% agree, I think eadie was the best player I've ever seen

I
I love
You for that compliment brother. I was 6 but I remember wombat in 1982 and 1983.

But if wasn’t for those knees and that lying piece of **** and her father we would
All be talking about Brett the way they are
Are talking about 2
Contracts slater

What a pleasure it was to see the great Wombat play, to me the most powerful and destructive fullback ever.

May not have had the sublime skills of Brett but gee his power game was unstoppable!!

What a pleasure it was to see the great Wombat play, to me the most powerful and destructive fullback ever.

May not have had the sublime skills of Brett but gee his power game was unstoppable!!

Turbo has elements of both Eadie and Stewart in his game and if he works on several elements of his game that need refining, he will be up there with those two. He's got amazing speed (perhaps a little slower than Stewart) and surprising power (not as blockbusting as Eadie but up there). And then there's Albert Hopoate..who knows what he'll become. We've been blessed with some outstanding custodians

Brett was a generational player. I loved both he and his brother. The character they showed giving us their own time that Sunday for a BBQ and a game of touch footy with us nuffies!! (Ash Albert's too).

Outstanding both on and off the park.

Jeez I miss their ability, character and presence.

I won't forget the night The Prince, and Le'Strange paper, rock, scissored on who actually scored a try.

Back then, 1 through 25 were brothers. Well oiled machine.

Quote belie from the Des innovative positions thread last week

Went through to the keeper at the time

Weilder has caught up

“Takes a coach and coaching staff who knows and demands this environment and a playing group that are passionate about the club & can influence others.

We will need to work as a team , a squad and a club and that I reckon this is what Hasler can bring

Dare I say about des innovative changes

Card nights at jakes anyone ?
Snake to attend training sessions with Tom?
Ferry ride across to circular quay for team dinner at choc’s? “

So when is Choc coming back to work with the forwards? :)
Pass. At least the Stewart’s were mostly silent. Not like life member choc bagging us on podcasts. Life membership is a unique privilege and one that I believe he shouldn’t have been given after his behavior.

Everyone will be annoyed with the employer at different times. It shows a persons character when they go public with it all years later

DCE is no longer the Alpha Male making the decisions anymore. Des will make sure of that. It'll be what Des wants not what will upset DCE.
Therein lies the problems of 2018 season with the coaching staff pandering to a certain group of players whims, Des will hopefully have the entire squad "as one"
On Topic
I really hope the Snake rumour is true, if so having him and Ballin back is a good indication that the real Manly is on its way back.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8