Snake back to training tomorrow???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Look this could be genuine news about a legend of the club ready and willing to give us one more year of memories or it could be nothing but a defensive PR tactic anaconda get some more members over the line before the season starts. Only time will tell.

NEW MANLY BOSS TAKES CHARGE
NEW Manly boss Tim Cleary officially started in the club’s chief executive role on Tuesday.

One of the first items on the agenda for Cleary will be working out what to do with Brett Stewart’s immediate playing future.

There has still been no sighting of the Prince of Brookvale at pre-season training.

The Sea Eagles have extended the deal of Addin Fonua-Blake by a further season, keeping the forward at the club now until the end of 2018.

story from daily tele today:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/fd814c07a44eb3e481a59444386c6c0a

NEW MANLY BOSS TAKES CHARGE
NEW Manly boss Tim Cleary officially started in the club’s chief executive role on Tuesday.

One of the first items on the agenda for Cleary will be working out what to do with Brett Stewart’s immediate playing future.

There has still been no sighting of the Prince of Brookvale at pre-season training.

The Sea Eagles have extended the deal of Addin Fonua-Blake by a further season, keeping the forward at the club now until the end of 2018.

story from daily tele today:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/fd814c07a44eb3e481a59444386c6c0a
We are well into the new year and if he's not at training that curtains for Brett's playing career at Manly. Negotiations for the final year payout are probably well advanced with the club.

We are well into the new year and if he's not at training that curtains for Brett's playing career at Manly. Negotiations for the final year payout are probably well advanced with the club.

It ain't over til it's over, but if it is there won't be much of an negotiation, he is entitled to his full contract. Whether there is an insurance settlement or any salary cap relieve that has nothing to do with Snake.

It ain't over til it's over, but if it is there won't be much of an negotiation, he is entitled to his full contract. Whether there is an insurance settlement or any salary cap relieve that has nothing to do with Snake.
Agreed. Snake lost a lot during that two year period from hell, he can't afford to lose out here, nor should he.

The club signed him, nobody held a gun to their head and if anyone deserves to have his contract honoured (even if he doesn't play), it's him.

Close to one year ago...

Brilliant fullback delivers first win of 2016
c8e67831d4b3d3cc8ee4c4542b80b7b6

Manly Daily
March 24, 2016 4:26pm
c8e67831d4b3d3cc8ee4c4542b80b7b6

BRETT Stewart may have to change his nickname from Snake to Nostradamus after declaring before the Cronulla match that the Sea Eagles would beat the Sharks and he would score a try.

Stewart made the predictions in a sombre Leichhardt Oval dressing room straight after the second-round loss to the Wests Tigers.

It wasn’t a boastful prediction but simply a confident statement from a player trying to lift his teammates.

Stewart’s performance in Manly’s first win of the 2016 premiership was just another inspiring display from one of the club’s greatest ever players. His mere presence lifted his teammates to the team’s best performance under coach Trent Barrett.

The talk at the back from Stewart in attack and defence had a marked effect and was easily picked up by those fans who came out on a threatening Monday night to cheer on their side.

The paltry crowd of 5000 saw yet another vintage display from the Prince of Brookvale.

74643ea0b447048d1d0322577d305e59

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...6/news-story/c8e67831d4b3d3cc8ee4c4542b80b7b6

Snake deserves his payout in full if we don't see him play this year.

What I would love to see is snake stay around for the year being in a mentor role for Tom T, helping him with his game this year and then getting a final send off at our last Home game this year against Penrith.

If we do happen to suprise everyone and make the finals snakes insight and experience would be invaluable to help steer alot of our young players around.

Agreed. Snake lost a lot during that two year period from hell, he can't afford to lose out here, nor should he.

The club signed him, nobody held a gun to their head and if anyone deserves to have his contract honoured (even if he doesn't play), it's him.

What the club and he work out between them is none of my business at all, nor what he earns or has earnt.

But not sure I get the point about him "losing a lot" in his 2 years of injury? Whatever he was contracted for in those 2 years, Manly would have paid him. ??

His marketability as a face of the game, personal sponsorship deals etc, was effectively destroyed by those allegations.

Yep, completely get that.

But none of that whatsoever was Manly's fault. If anything, the way the club stood by him during that debacle was outstanding.

Agree 100% he was crapped on during that.

I hardly think any favours are being done towards the club in all this. My point is the club did everything they could for Snake during the farcical court proceedings and his injuries.

Anyway, we will all soon see.

What the club and he work out between them is none of my business at all, nor what he earns or has earnt.

But not sure I get the point about him "losing a lot" in his 2 years of injury? Whatever he was contracted for in those 2 years, Manly would have paid him. ??
That wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to his court expenses during that period defending his innocence. He himself said it wiped him out.

My point was he has endured a lot and I'd like to see him get his full contract amount. I'm sure the club / insurance will come through.

That wasn't what I was referring to. I was referring to his court expenses during that period defending his innocence. He himself said it wiped him out.

My point was he has endured a lot and I'd like to see him get his full contract amount. I'm sure the club / insurance will come through.

Didn't he just open a restaurant in Melbourne?

Wiped out indeed.

All will be resolved soon.

Didn't he just open a restaurant in Melbourne?

Wiped out indeed.

All will be resolved soon.
Wow not sure why the attitude re this. The point was I hope things work out for him, not having a go at the club so this is kind of pointless.

Really over this whole speculation and indecisiveness both with Snake and Skivvi which has gone on and on, and continues to. If they can't prove they're up to it by now, then surely they won't last 2017 even if they did start this season.

I very much hope they can both play to their potential and fulfill their contracts. Just wish they would make a decision so then everyone can focus on this season!

Really over this whole speculation and indecisiveness both with Snake and Skivvi which has gone on and on, and continues to. If they can't prove they're up to it by now, then surely they won't last 2017 even if they did start this season.

I very much hope they can both play to their potential and fulfill their contracts. Just wish they would make a decision so then everyone can focus on this season!

The simple fact they haven't turned up by now means it's self explanatory, they aren't!!

All this time is being taken up with negotiations on medical retirement, insurance claims a trying to circumvent the cap!!

I have ZERO inside knowledge but even blind Freddy can see that this is the case!

Actually the NRL should pay part of that contract while he was out for falsely banning him over the travesty of a court case, whether injured or not. They virtually denegraded his good name and did virtually nothing to apologise when the case was speedily dismissed.. They crucified Snake and he deserves his pound of flesh from them from them and a formal apology

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10