Shameful lack of tradition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t think I can say as a gay man how disappointed I am in the 7 players.

7 pines as a sponsor? No issue. PointsBet on the jersey which is a major sin? No issue. Nothing mentioned.

I’ve been a fan for 30 years. Been to all the grand finals. Though it all. The ups and the downs.

I am lost for words.

Rant over

ffs they are footballers. If they wanted to forge public opinion they would have gone into politics!

And another thing that really p!sses me off is positive discrimination.
Sure, wrongs were made in the past BUT you DON'T fix past wrongs by creating new wrongs by discriminating to one section of society to the detriment of another.

Good grief!!!

7 pines as a sponsor? No issue. PointsBet on the jersey which is a major sin? No issue. Nothing mentioned.

I’ve been a fan for 30 years. Been to all the grand finals. Though it all. The ups and the downs.

I am lost for words.

Rant over
Hopefully the club takes a stand on behalf of yourself and all its other marginalised supporters...
What next? I'm not wearing an indigenous jersey because I believe the Arian race are superior?

Would liIt has a rainbow stripe... its not like it says God loves gay people...
These blokes have an over-egged sense of entitlement and self-importance... they either want to play NRL for Manly or they do not - next!
Obviously to these players it is more than a rainbow stripe.
Have you not heard of good players walking out on rugby league in prime time on religious missions ect
I don't get it at all, but I don't judge either and this is 2-3 seasons, not 1 game, so it's a big deal to them even though you or I may see it as a colourful jersey
Although I expect them to play, and personally I have many friends who are 100% advocates of gay pride, I can definitely understand players who feel strongly about being forced to wear something against their moral beliefs....I mean that's my point, it should be a choice so wear the Manly jerseys and have no rainbow or have 5 rainbows

I am lost for words.

Rant over
Can not agree with this more - the only saving grace is who knows if this is actually the case

Obviously to these players it is more than a rainbow stripe.
Have you not heard of good players walking out on rugby league in prime time on religious missions ect
I don't get it at all, but I don't judge either and this is 2-3 seasons, not 1 game, so it's a big deal to them even though you or I may see it as a colourful jersey
Although I expect them to play, and personally I have many friends who are 100% advocates of gay pride, I can definitely understand players who feel strongly about being forced to wear something against their moral beliefs....I mean that's my point, it should be a choice so wear the Manly jerseys and have no rainbow or have 5 rainbows
Understand but as others have said why not take a stand against booze or gambling which cause far more harm than peoples sexuality

Remind me again of all the changes in the world since same sex marriage was legalised?

(Also @maxta rant not directed at you!)

Understand but as others have said why not take a stand against booze or gambling which cause far more harm than peoples sexuality

Remind me again of all the changes in the world since same sex marriage was legalised?

(Also @maxta rant not directed at you!)
Sorry Isz - if they do that I'm screwed ... :wasntme:
Every weekend I enjoy a few bets and plenty of alcohol
But I don't wear a shirt to display it, nor encourage others to do it, as it's my choice for right or wrong
Many friends still hangout without doing these things and simply enjoy watching the sport and have a common bond of respecting each other's choices
You have a fair point though, as both are Real issues and though I get through the cycle, many individuals and families don't
Also I know you are not being rude and as always....make good sense

I don't have anything against the gay community but I am sick of this tokenist society. This is just a rugby league game played by a rugby league club and has nothing to do with 'woke' or inclusivity or any other cause. Just play the ****ing game in a ****ing normal jersey and stop this pretentious 'do-gooder' crap. It's not about inclusivity at all...it's a marketing ploy.

If the gay community are sitting at home thinking geez I love that rainbow on the jersey, I feel included and respected, than **** me!

I recall a Samoan workmatetelling me that it was a sign of good luck for the family if there is a girl born into the family. His family had four boys and the expectations were for the next to be a girl. And... it was a boy who the family dressed and treated as a girl for his/her/its (apologies for not getting that bit correct) life.
We all bend our own rules or commitments to suit. I have no problem with respecting and encouraging all walks of life. Quietly, it would be nice to leave the jersey alone.

I don't have anything against the gay community but I am sick of this tokenist society. This is just a rugby league game played by a rugby league club and has nothing to do with 'woke' or inclusivity or any other cause. Just play the ****ing game in a ****ing normal jersey and stop this pretentious 'do-gooder' crap. It's not about inclusivity at all...it's a marketing ploy.

If the gay community are sitting at home thinking geez I love that rainbow on the jersey, I feel included and respected, than **** me!
I appreciate the frustration, Snake. I also pine for those days as a kid when I could watch and enjoy a simpler game (well, at least it seems so looking back with sentiment).

However, the modern world is about "marketing" and branding. How do you think presidents and prime ministers get elected in to positions of real power. If you think the public is not affected by these gestures and images then perhaps you should re-read the past 10 pages on here alone. There is a very real power struggle that permeates life. Marginalised people fight to feel a part of society. For some people out there, this is more than just a game. Until you (proverbial), or somebody close to you, suffers that degree of pain and exclusion, we should be vigilant and compassionate, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6