Season Over?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I feel sorry for the boys they put in a huge effort and we beaten by the incompetent officials again. They deserved a fair go and didn’t get a to fair go. 9-2 in the penalty count is incredibly one sided and was not justified IMO. Sick of the officials destroying contests.

I’ll be honest and say that I had pretty much ruled out our chances of winning the comp this year by the end of our round 2 clash against the Roosters. Was really hoping that we would go up a level compared to last year but the first 2 rounds showed me that we were still off the pace of the comp heavyweights and it would be really difficult to bridge the gap during a season.

Optimistic about the future as we have plenty of young talent who look like they will shine very shortly. We definitely need players that don’t mind the arm wrestle.

Last edited:
Don't care where we end up on the ladder as long as we give some new players an opportunity and show signs of improving. We need to keep defending with venom, stop making stupid mistakes and learn how to take advantage of every opportunity. Do that and we'll get a few scalps along the way.

As for Tommy's injury, I hate to say it but it almost brings a sense of relief. I don't have to spend every minute of every Manly game wondering when he's going to get hurt because he's already done for the season. So instead of waiting for him to come back we can just get on with it. Fingers crossed he heals up well and has finally got all the bad juju out of the way for next season and many seasons to come.

We are not premiership contenders
We are not top 4 material
We could sneak into the 8

The season isnt over in terms of getting young players experience , looking to the future with schuster and for my weekends of footy. Love footy weekends

We could mount some type of challenge in this season but it will be based on energy, and not finesse or class, so it will be fraught with danger in terms of injury. Having to compete physically , with extra energy from this far out from the finish line, will hurt bodies and keep players on the sideline. How crucial that will be will probably determine where we finish in that 6- 14 th positions

On paper we are still strong, 2 international halves, walker on the bench. We should have the game . Tom is a big loss but those players should be able to get the job done . On paper cherry, foz, schuster and dylan are way better than at least 8 or 10 teams , despite frog. Garrick has looked pretty good at the back and while he isnt one of the top fullbacks he is quietly building as both very sound with a fair bit of surprise.

The forwards went hard the other night , did our overall game reflect that ?

On paper we are still strong, 2 international halves, walker on the bench. We should have the game . Tom is a big loss but those players should be able to get the job done . On paper cherry, foz, schuster and dylan are way better than at least 8 or 10 teams , despite frog. Garrick has looked pretty good at the back and while he isnt one of the top fullbacks he is quietly building as both very sound with a fair bit of surprise.

The forwards went hard the other night , did our overall game reflect that ?
Hard to disagree, jbb/james, but with one exception: Froggy Croker has, to my surprise, been one of our best players all year.

Hard to disagree, jbb/james, but with one exception: Froggy Croker has, to my surprise, been one of our best players all year.
I agree too mate, love his work, big fan. but many see him as the weakness in our spine. I was covering my arse more than anything

If i mention DCE and dont concede a little, im a hater. Froggy was my concede a little.

Sorry froggy baby

For me it isn't our attack that's the problem we can score points without Turbo , defence and mainly or middle defence is of the pace the amount of times a Manly middle forward is left lying on his back at the ruck ,Walker ,Toff ,Kapow , Keppie that's a player out of the defensive line and our edges have to move in to cover them we defended well against Parra but the offloads killed us

I agree JBB however I don't believe that Des has it in him to be innovative and seems to embrace the past. We are not contenders but need to build for the future. I am still concerned by DCE and his poor defensive reads and choices in attack which I attribute to his lack of trust in those around him. I'd like to see him moved to hooker with Humphries to partner Schuster. I'd like to see Weekes partnering Koula and I'd like to see Alec Tuitavake, James Roumanos and Jacob Sykes given a run. Marty, Keppie and Sipply have been far too inconsistent. Time to shake it up.

I agree JBB however I don't believe that Des has it in him to be innovative and seems to embrace the past. We are not contenders but need to build for the future. I am still concerned by DCE and his poor defensive reads and choices in attack which I attribute to his lack of trust in those around him. I'd like to see him moved to hooker with Humphries to partner Schuster. I'd like to see Weekes partnering Koula and I'd like to see Alec Tuitavake, James Roumanos and Jacob Sykes given a run. Marty, Keppie and Sipply have been far too inconsistent. Time to shake it up.
I'm sure Humphries is not ready yet to step up to First Grade. But in keeping with your innovative approach we could move Foran to half and The Shoe to 5/8. . . .

We won’t get the spoon… that’s all I care about… as long as the dogs keep on doggin we’re sweet..
Is our season over?? I think so..
I’ve been pretty negative on this group of players for the last few seasons..
Didn’t think we could improve over last years failure (ok top 4 isn’t a failure but to get there by only beating up the crap teams and get thoroughly dominated by any half decent team to me is a failure) unless we make some big changes..
Tom out puts the nail in any far fetched fairytale of a title runs coffin, so let’s build for the future.. gets weekes in the team, get koula some fullback exp.. get that young hooker in from Blacktown, or their fullback…
Ide rather see a team FULL of fresh faces getting experience than to see Garrick hobble around at 1 while Harper gets to stay out there stinking up the joint each week..
Ide also be benching foz..: or play him at centre to f&$k Harper off… he’s been good for sure, but he’s signed to play elsewhere.. if shoe is our future 6, play him there… why waste the first 3/4 of NEXT season waiting for shoe and dce to form that partnership when we have 14 rounds to get started on it now??? Hit the ground running next season..

Last edited:
Parramatta has beaten both Penrith and Melbourne ,and we came o so close on belting them .Season is still up in the air and we just got to make the finals and go from there .Go Maaaaaaaaaaly .Sound of that cheer on Friday night inside the Parra. stadium was spine tinkling .

Season is not over even though we may wish it was. The team has no choice but to fight like hell to get back in a winning groove, play well and win some games. To give up on the season in May would be a disaster for Manly.
We need to select our strongest available side each week and probably tweak our style slightly in light of the loss of such a dominant player as Tom.
As I recall we surprised many in the 2019 finals despite no Tom and a bunch of others missing too. One step at at time!

We won’t get the spoon… that’s all I care about… as long as the dogs keep on doggin we’re sweet..
Is our season over?? I think so..
I’ve been pretty negative on this group of players for the last few seasons..
Didn’t think we could improve over last years failure (ok top 4 isn’t a failure but to get there by only beating up the crap teams and get thoroughly dominated by any half decent team to me is a failure) unless we make some big changes..
Tom out puts the nail in any far fetched fairytale of a title runs coffin, so let’s build for the future.. gets weekes in the team, get koula some fullback exp.. get that young hooker in from Blacktown, or their fullback…
Ide rather see a team FULL of fresh faces getting experience than to see Garrick hobble around at 1 while Harper gets to stay out there stinking up the joint each week..
Ide also be benching foz..: or play him at centre to f&$k Harper off… he’s been good for sure, but he’s signed to play elsewhere.. if shoe is our future 6, play him there… why waste the first 3/4 of NEXT season waiting for shoe and dce to form that partnership when we have 14 rounds to get started on it now??? Hit the ground running next season..
Good points.
I do think our season is over. We'll probably finish 8-10th but, realistically, there are two standout teams in this comp, two more with potential to reach the GF, and a further two who look on the rise.
Penrith is the benchmark, but it must be remembered it has a full roster of players. Incredibly they have no injuries, but SOO will put their depth to the test.
Melbourne, when full strength, can beat anyone. If they can minimise injuries then they should play the 'Riff in the GF. I never write off a Bellache-coached team.
Easts, on paper, have a great team. If they can fire they also can make the GF, but their halves can't stand up to the rigours of the top two, and JWH is showing wear and tear..
Doesn'tmatter hasn't got the consistency to win consecutive finals matches so, unless they get Cummins for all their matches, they won't make the GF.
Cronulla and the 'Boys are not ready to reach the GF, but are building towards an even better 2023.

I doubt if we can even be classed as one of those teams heading towards the finals that can cause a massive upset against one or two of the heavyweights to put them off and maybe ruin their chances. 'Nuisance value' is the term I am thinking.

Good points.
I do think our season is over. We'll probably finish 8-10th but, realistically, there are two standout teams in this comp, two more with potential to reach the GF, and a further two who look on the rise.
Penrith is the benchmark, but it must be remembered it has a full roster of players. Incredibly they have no injuries, but SOO will put their depth to the test.
Melbourne, when full strength, can beat anyone. If they can minimise injuries then they should play the 'Riff in the GF. I never write off a Bellache-coached team.
Easts, on paper, have a great team. If they can fire they also can make the GF, but their halves can't stand up to the rigours of the top two, and JWH is showing wear and tear..
Doesn'tmatter hasn't got the consistency to win consecutive finals matches so, unless they get Cummins for all their matches, they won't make the GF.
Cronulla and the 'Boys are not ready to reach the GF, but are building towards an even better 2023.
I agree… I honestly think penny will go back to back Barr some major injuries.. I mean, they started the season without their halfback, who happens to be the best 7 playing league right now, and they STILL dominated every game…
Storm will be there or there abouts, eels will be champions in June/July but as usual will be nowhere to be seen come september/october

Broncos might make a run at it, or sharks, but to me it’s all Coming up penrith

After seeing souths destroy the tigers I think the top 8 is set for 2022 now.

I can maybe see the raiders as the only team that May change that but apart from them it's season over for the rest already behind on F/a badly.

Its sad to see that the competition at this middle part of the season is now pretty much set and the gulf between the good and bad clubs are getting bigger.

I hope we fight and get 9-12th place but just can't see it at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4