Season Over?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree with most of your post. However, I thought Turbo was very good last night. If he hadn't been injured, I was expecting him to be back to his brilliant best in a couple more games.
Agree he was better last night. I still just thought he was holding back a bit. Understandably tho his legs were patched up like a mummy.

Unfortunately the injury to Turbo and the headspace of players who know they are being cheated by officials has me fearful for the rest of the season. Mind you, that rort last night has sapped a lot of the interest I had in RL, so I no longer care that much.
The team can approach this one of two ways:
Drop their bundle and roll over and submit or pull together and fight their way out of it. I’m confident they will pull together and fight. Classic scenario for old Des this one. Backs against the wall, under the radar and all that.

Not over yet , top 4 finish not likely but top 8 finish still there ,Panthers and Storm will continue to dominate the top but all other teams will win a few then loose a few so top 8 spots are there for taking look at last year teams made the 8 with more losses than wins
Its time for Koula to go to fullback his natural position keep Garrick on the wing were he plays his best footy , it leaves centre position weak with injuries but slot Walker in there , I wouldn’t risk Weakes at fullback If and when Tom comes back and if Koula is killing it Tom plays centre , A lot of if’s but gotta do something and try and play players in there natural position will go along way for this team to still make the 8

Still make the 8 , we have been playing better without Turbo this year,need a few troops back in the coming weeks ,win half of the remaining games just scrape in and no one expects us to win without Turbo, the way we like it

Not sure how we lost that match against Parra.

With Turbo out for a couple of months with dislocated shoulder.

We will get killed next week against Melb and be several wins off the 8.

We r gone!!
Gone since we lost our 9 at a Mormon Church dance. Delusional thinking we could win a GF without a strike 9. Rant over. Yay Cummings

Melb getting thrashed by the Cowboys is not good news for Manly when we play them next week.

How long since Melb have lost three games in a row?

Time for Des to take some calculated risks in team selection. Koula to fullback for a start.

Last edited:
3oFzmrqh43AvYwn9Cw (1).gif

R.I.P 2022

Edit: please ignore the possible Hoppa reference

Melb getting thrashed by the Cowboys is not good news for Manly when we play them next week.

How long since Melb have lost two games in a row?

Time for Des to take some calculated risks in team selection. Koula to fullback for a start.
Not just lost, they’ve been belted. Also if Hughes and Pap are out next week make no bones about it we are a chance against Melb Even without Tom. They look bog ordinary.

I am surprisingly upbeat about the team. I felt they showed some real courage last night against a strong Parra outfit plus of course that ref. If Cumstain was unbiased we win that game.

I also think the backline will be (deep breath) able to rise to the challenge of no TT. Koula is the real thing. Same with Tui. Morgan showed real improvement and I thought Ruebs was one of our best. Bright future. Des also listened to my rant and put Walker at centre.

Could be the making of this team.

Up to the boys. Cowboys made 2017 grand final without JT & Matt Scott. Play with the same attitude and compete like last night for the rest of the season would speak volumes of our club and anything is possible. It won't do us any favours folding and waiting for the season to end when consistency and resilience is what we've been lacking this year. Find those two and heading into the 2023 season could be the difference

Unfortunately the injury to Turbo and the headspace of players who know they are being cheated by officials has me fearful for the rest of the season. Mind you, that rort last night has sapped a lot of the interest I had in RL, so I no longer care that much.
Yep I too have just about had it with nrl. It's become a farcical joke of a sport.

They played their hearts out, were the better team, were killed by penalties, and must know that the sport is corrupt.
Why would they spill blood again
Because they are NRL players mate, that's what they do, week in week out, we are not alone every team in the league suffers this crap, except the favoured few.

I am surprisingly upbeat about the team. I felt they showed some real courage last night against a strong Parra outfit plus of course that ref. If Cumstain was unbiased we win that game.

I also think the backline will be (deep breath) able to rise to the challenge of no TT. Koula is the real thing. Same with Tui. Morgan showed real improvement and I thought Ruebs was one of our best. Bright future. Des also listened to my rant and put Walker at centre.

Could be the making of this team.
When Turbo was out earlier this season we actually played alright and other players stepped up. We belted the Knights then had a good win against the Titan, take away Talakai we came back strong second half against the Sharks, and didn’t do too badly with 12 man against Souths.

Having Turbo out maybe a blessing in disguise, only real question is who plays fullback - the safer option of Garrick or Koula/Weekes.

I would love to see some Koula kick returns from fullback. Garrick will take the 1 (deservedly) but wow could be epic.

Because they are NRL players mate, that's what they do, week in week out, we are not alone every team in the league suffers this crap, except the favoured few.
Our players couldn't have given any more last night. Mindset plays an important part in performance; just contrast the Doesn'tmatta effort with the previous week against Brisbane.
Knowing that they won't be allowed to win regardless of how much effort they put in will prove demoralising. They are human, not machines.
This season is over.
They may beat a team like Newcastle which has also been rorted by The Bunker, but we are no chance against more popular clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8