Sea Eagles vs Broncos discussion.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FRIDAY

BRISBANE BRONCOS v MANLY SEA EAGLES at Suncorp Stadium, 6.45pm
Referees: Tony Archer/Shayne Hayne

Advertisement
BRONCOS:  Josh Hoffman, Gerard Beale, Jack Reed, Justin Hodges, Dale Copley, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt, Ben Hannant, Andrew McCullough, Petero Civoniceva, Alex Glenn, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange: Luke Capewell, Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Ben Te'o

Talking point: Peter Wallace's hopes of earning an Origin recall are all but over, ruled out of Friday night's clash against Manly with a groin injury, but he is expected back next week. Ben Hunt comes off the bench and will wear the No.7 jersey in Wallace's absence. Luke Capewell has been included on the bench, poised to play his first game for the Broncos since leaving the Titans last year.

SEA EAGLES:  TBA

Talking point:

I thought Thaiday had bruised ribs. Anyway I'm not counting my chickens. I haven't seen our forwards, besides Glenn, setting the world on fire. Jorge will have to be smarter in defense if he is to contain their winger outside Hodges. A win, but no certainty.

Sea Eagles: Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufua, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, David Williams, Liam Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason King, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Jamie Buhrer, Glenn Stewart. Interchange (from): Vic Mauro, Joe Galuvao, Darcy Lussick, George Rose, Daniel Harrison, Dean Whare.

Talking point: Kieran Foran has again been left out of Manly's team, still struggling with a hamstring injury. His brother Liam will hold on to the five-eighth position. David Williams returns from injury, taking Dean Whare’s position on the wing, with Whare dropping back on to a six-man extended bench. Joe Galuvao has also been added to the bench.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-teams-round-10-20120508-1ya7t.html#ixzz1uFuWX0ZR

Taufua over Whare? Whare scores a brace & still gets dropped. I'd love to know Tooves reasoning behind this.

Mals said:
Taufua over Whare? Whare scores a brace & still gets dropped. I'd love to know Tooves reasoning behind this.

I can't figure it out either. Maybe Wolfman is already out and Whare will replace him? Is it just a giant charade?

Whare deserves a spot on the team. He has played exceptionally well this year, hes played alot like hoopa did last year playing wing fullback and centre. Get the kid in there ! Tafua is learning the ropes, he will only get better.......with time.

Whare being older and more capable should definitely be in there ahead of Tafua. Maybe we should write letters to Toovey.

The Who said:
Mals said:

I can't figure it out either. Maybe Wolfman is already out and Whare will replace him? Is it just a giant charade?

Tafua / Matai left side
Wolfie / Whare / Lyon right side
Don't underestimate combinations, preferred sides, team dynamics etc
Sure some guys can play anywhere, any side.
Maybe Whare needs to work on his right hand fend, left-right pass whatever.
In Tooves we trust.

Tafua`s size & the fact he can bust tackles, takes 2-3 stop him could be the reason why..
I wish he wasn`t ankle tapped(twice by reynolds) in that game against dogs would have like to see him stride out , he kind of reminds me of a young Hoppa (john) in a way but without the niggle & sh*t..

Hmm, foz out again. His hamstring must be in pretty bad shape, he has been out a while. (then again if they are not risking him till he is 100%, then i commend that).

whare not in starting is toovs kidding, tafua terrible defence kid is simply too green for first grade. We need foz our attack struggles without him no one to straighten attack as dce while good tends to drift across field.
Our bench is alot more potent with rosey, buhrer and joe there.

tafua has alot more potential than whare imo, dean is great but if tafau gets more game time and pulls his finger out (no hopo) - **** will get real...

Am I the only one surprised that we are the favourites here?

Playing a Brisbane team, at home, coming off a loss, where as we're coming off a less than convincing win against a middle table team, and also still missing 2 strike weapons?

I would have thought that the prices would have been the other way around myself.

mmmdl said:
Am I the only one surprised that we are the favourites here?

Playing a Brisbane team, at home, coming off a loss, where as we're coming off a less than convincing win against a middle table team, and also still missing 2 strike weapons?

I would have thought that the prices would have been the other way around myself.

I agree, The bookies are on magic mushies dreaming of yellow submarines. This is a 1 pt game for mine and if we get the bickies it will be a season defining win.

Can't understand the favouritism, perhaps if f1 was playing....

But we generally play well against the broncos, perhaps the bookies are historians.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6