Samuela Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given he’s only 19,he’ll have his ups and downs and will most likely head back to Blacktown for a bit this season just so his young body doesn’t get cooked,like most kids under 20 do.But the skies the limit for him
No, I doubt he'll see Blacktown again. He'll be on Manly's bench for the rest of this season, maybe used for fewer minutes in some games, and rested completely if he gets a niggle. No benefit in sending him back to reserves after what he's shown in NRL.

And I forget who he was talking about, but Seibold mentioned recently about someone coming into the side as a replacement that 'the postion is now his to keep', or words to that effect. It's a good policy, if you're in the team and doing the job then you keep your spot.

The way Fainu scooped that ball up on the run bouncing near feet and had the smarts to immediately look for his speed man in Koula was a pleasure to watch.....he oozes class and right now is doing exactly what he should be doing, playing direct heads up footy without being too tricky, he has the extra skillset in his bag, but just playing tough steady footy is the ticket right now and that's exactly what he is delivering.
Agree, it’s his mature approach that’s most pleasing. You know he’s got an offload and a pass in him but he is choosing to play tough first. But the pass last night to Koula shows that he is willing to play footy when the opportunity presents. A guy like Bullymore doesn’t throw that pass.

The single most impressive thing about this kid is his situational awareness and anticiption .. 3 times last night he just read the play in defence and put himself in the right position to clean up ...

Lots of guys can run and tackle ... not many at 19 can read the game as well as this bloke ... that is special .

No, I doubt he'll see Blacktown again. He'll be on Manly's bench for the rest of this season, maybe used for fewer minutes in some games, and rested completely if he gets a niggle. No benefit in sending him back to reserves after what he's shown in NRL.
The 19 year young Samuela is a more potent player than the ex Tiger Tuilagi
Tuilagi has to lift his game to earn back his NRL stripes

The single most impressive thing about this kid is his situational awareness and anticiption .. 3 times last night he just read the play in defence and put himself in the right position to clean up ...

Lots of guys can run and tackle ... not many at 19 can read the game as well as this bloke ... that is special .
There were a couple of really outstanding effort plays as well (one in the first half and one in the second) where he dived from quite a distance to make ankle taps on players that had space around the ruck. That’s not something you see too often from any player, let alone a 19 year old rookie playing in the forwards.

There were a couple of really outstanding effort plays as well (one in the first half and one in the second) where he dived from quite a distance to make ankle taps on players that had space around the ruck. That’s not something you see too often from any player, let alone a 19 year old rookie playing in the forwards.
For a 19 year old, he makes a lot of important try saving plays that are not logged on the stat sheet.

Rate him very highly and has a big future but with Jake and Tuilagi coming back I'd guess Condon and Fainu will go back to reggies

This Fainu is rated very high, we also have his younger brother Latu in the halves who WILL be in the 17 next season.....maybe we do have a more competitive team than many think moving forward
Off contract at the end of this year. Surely after how we have looked after his family during Manase's trial they boys are loyal to Manly.
I'm sure Fulton would be interested.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4