Samuela Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You mean like his brother who pissed off to the Tigers?

For the Fainu’s, money talks. 💰
To be fair to Sione, he was offered a top 30 spot and we let him go early with our blessings. Don't think the club saw a spot for him.

To be fair to Sione, he was offered a top 30 spot and we let him go early with our blessings. Don't think the club saw a spot for him.

Correct me if I am wrong, Sione was already in the top 30 for Manly last year so that is not the reason

He decided to break his contract for no doubt more $$, promises of first grade and rainbows.

So far the only thing he has received is short term, more $$. He hasn't been able to break into first grade for the spoon team.

Zero loyalty to a club that has looked after his entire family. Let's hope the other two brothers are not cut from the same cloth.

We don't know exactly why Sione switched clubs, but it appears providing for his young family is a major motivator for the 21 year old.
sione.jpg

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, Sione was already in the top 30 for Manly last year so that is not the reason

He decided to break his contract for no doubt more $$, promises of first grade and rainbows.

So far the only thing he has received is short term, more $$. He hasn't been able to break into first grade for the spoon team.

Zero loyalty to a club that has looked after his entire family. Let's hope the other two brothers are not cut from the same cloth.
You may well be right and it was about the money, or maybe Sione thought he was a better chance of cracking a wooden spoon pack.
It is possible Manly didn't think he was going to make top grade and told him he was free to leave.

You mean like his brother who pissed off to the Tigers?

For the Fainu’s, money talks. 💰
Apart from Sione leaving because he was bottom of the pecking order and a long way off first grade and left with the club's blessing,why do you say that for the Fainu family money talks like it is a slur?
What other evidence is there?
Money talks for all players.

Sione left with Manly's blessing.

No ill will towards him at all.
this is all thats important really. im presume the Manly club was mature enough to understand his position. Good call. He can come back

I suppose sione just needs to be a better paid reserve grader. with a young family and his age

how many of us are living in sydney central, with 2 little kids and a mrs, and could squabble over a 50k payrise.....
Loyalty pffffttt

thats how much his rent went up last month FFS

i guessed the number but i pressume he didnt leave over 15k

His manager knew where he was on our pecking order and got him more money and a three year deal. He has two young children and living in Sydney. Great move for him. Watching the club talk about locking up Ola, Schuster and Koula the club know who they want to sign for long term.

Could make a decent 13 too but may be needed as an edge if Tuilagi can not maintain or show some reasonable consistent form going forward . Although do take note that Bully at least started there on Friday night . Stuckey seems to have quite a bit going for him also , well certainly at Blacktown this season , a bit more then Burbo overall it is probably fair to say .

Interesting where do we see latu fitting into the 17?!
I feel initially "Off the bench" as both halves and dummy half option and I will add, he is a half like Manase was who could easily slot into the 9 and actually has quicker feet......absolute weapon who by next season simply too good not to be there......also like Maase extremely strong and could he be that speedy option at lock....well he can tackle , but I don't want to get ahead of things as a step up to NRL is 1 thing and to take a middle role maybe a stretch initially, but down the track - I think it's definitely another option.

Last edited:
I know that these guys in some instances have to provide for their families,but I wonder if Fifita and Tuitavake are regretting their decisions at all.
Both playing last game off the bench in reserve grade and neither having inspiring years so far(maybe Flanagan might rejuvenate them next year if he goes).
Pretty sure both of them would have played NRL this year for us if they stayed and upped their bargaining power for their next contract.....
I know they are getting paid,but are they giving up higher future earnings to get a little more right now?

I "think" he is actually signed through 2024,I think the NRL site is wrong(they have a few others wrong too).
Back when Latu signed his 4 year contract through 2025 in the same article it was reported that Samuela signed a 3 year contract through 2024.
Are you saying that the nrl is wrong and the journalist is right?

If that’s the case then Kyle Flanagan is on our books.

Just sayin’

Not keen on very promising but conversely inexperienced young primarily inside backs transitering to a 9 role . Weekes was only going to be a temporary or limited role there . Maybe better to see how they can manage and gain much more experience in a halves role or elsewhere in the back line before again taking on the big responsibilities as a 9 for instance . Different matter with the likes of Tooves , Monas , Hasler and even Shane Dudley who had relatively long careers in the halves before managing very effective 9 roles . Humphries could be a different matter as his playing style at this stage could endear him more to a 9 function .

Could make a decent 13 too but may be needed as an edge if Tuilagi can not maintain or show some reasonable consistent form going forward . Although do take note that Bully at least started there on Friday night . Stuckey seems to have quite a bit going for him also , well certainly at Blacktown this season , a bit more then Burbo overall it is probably fair to say .
Stuckey and Faulalo have been excellent pick ups Al,they have been playing so consistently and at a high level,they should both be in serious consideration next year for spots in the top 30 or development contracts.

So sad about Manase but we did brilliantly to recruit his family and his mates like Ola and Josh etc. Latu is a junior superstar, Samuela is looking amazing and Manase would probably have been in the top 3 in hookers in the NRL.
I agree with you @Darren Yes the recruitment has been pretty good up to now. Let's hope it stays that way. However, if we lose them all to the Tigers, it won't look that great. It's pretty clear that Fulton wasn't a massive fan of keeping Luke Brooks. Now it looks likely that Sheens could be out the door prematurely as well

A Latu Fainu, Josh Schuster halves combination, with a pack containing both Fainu's and Olakat'ua, brokered by Tartak and Fulton, would be a pretty impressive recruitment coup for the Tigers over 2024/2025. It could actually solve a number of their current issues in one go. If they pull it off, It would cost them around 3.5 m out of their cap each year.

Klemmer
Korisau
Utoikamanu
Papali
Olakat'ua
Bateman
L Fainu
Schuster
Nofoaluma
To'a
Talau
Tupou
Bula

Wakeham
S Fainu
Twal
Kepaoa

S Fainu

Apart from Sione leaving because he was bottom of the pecking order and a long way off first grade and left with the club's blessing,why do you say that for the Fainu family money talks like it is a slur?
What other evidence is there?
Money talks for all players.

I was merely pointing out that from the outside, Sione moved for $$ as he already had a top 30 position.

Since when is that a slur to be motivated by money, unless you think it is.

Young Latu is on HUGE money, the largest ever paid for a teenager that has never played first grade.

There is no guarantee either remaining Fainu brothers will select lower $$ over short term financial gain at another club.

I hope they both stay as hard to maintain respect from fans if they are all a bunch of mercenaries like Foran.

I was merely pointing out that from the outside, Sione moved for $$ as he already had a top 30 position.

Since when is that a slur to be motivated by money, unless you think it is.

Young Latu is on HUGE money, the largest ever paid for a teenager that has never played first grade.

There is no guarantee either remaining Fainu brothers will select lower $$ over short term financial gain at another club.

I hope they both stay as hard to maintain respect from fans if they are all a bunch of mercenaries like Foran.
No worries,maybe I got you wrong.
It was just that you were replying to a post hoping they would be loyal and you said Sione pissed off to tigers and for the Fainus,money talks.
It seemed like you were having a go at the family,that is all.
There is more money than ever in the game,I don't know where you live,but when people have life a little easier finance wise (not saying that means wealthy/rich)we should not expect players who come from less financial stability to be loyal or less mercenary.
Can't speak for Foran,initially he seemed to leave to **** over the club,second time was probably money orientated as it may be his last contract.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8