Same old Same old

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Getting back to the thread, there are always opportunities to improve on the previous games win, lose or draw and that's all the original post was stating.....the old excuses don't cut it or get results, so to reflect on Positive idea's to improve is part of what the forums about right ??.
I think the OP was solid and personally agree with the summary, thing is, plenty will and can have a different opinion....otherwise it would be pretty lame around here really....

Elliott should be in there.
Why do we have one prop as a rotation?
Waddell and Gosi are backrowers
Taufua has set us on the back foot early in both games now.
Where are Funa, Anderson and others ?
Why is Parker still there?

I'd be okay if there weren't options. But there are.

That said I'm happy with the 9/14 rotation as is. Fainu would get destroyed by a big , mobile , fresh Warriors pack.

Sounds like you're giving the green participation medal/ribbon to the try-ers, who really never compete, to make them feel better, warm and fuzzy about themselves?

Pretty sad, what has become of our fanbase.

For a while there we had expectation, pride and a win at all costs mentality. Shame the legacy of those legends past is dissolving with fans who celebrate mediocrity.

So because I am looking at positives, putting 2 losses into perspective and not going on an emotional rant whining about this that and everything bad, when we all know this year was going to be tough to get out of the blocks you want to lump me in with the "sad what the fanbase has become " sledge, giving out ribbons ?
Losses hit me hard too, I expect the team to give their all and leave nothing on field, but I won't death ride them either, its not all negative after 2 rounds, lets be realistic with that emotion.

So because I am looking at positives, putting 2 losses into perspective and not going on an emotional rant whining about this that and everything bad, when we all know this year was going to be tough to get out of the blocks you want to lump me in with the "sad what the fanbase has become " sledge, giving out ribbons ?
Losses hit me hard too, I expect the team to give their all and leave nothing on field, but I won't death ride them either, its not all negative after 2 rounds, lets be realistic with that emotion.

So what is your benchmark for the amount of games before we CAN be concerned? We came 15th last season. Parra came 16th. Look at their attitude and desire. Look at ours.

So what puts them ahead of the curve compared to us?

I'd say Hasler is better than Arthur.
They've had more turnover than us.
They've lost a key playmaker.
They've had injuries, sackings and suspensions.

I've been told all preseason how we'd be so much better in defense. Where's our against tally sit in the scheme of 15 other teams?

People who complain still support the team. So do people who praise. My membership dollars help the club JUST as much as your membership dollars.

We need some reality here. Our teams in trouble. BIG trouble, and the reward is breaking a 70+ year history in a wooden spoon. That's something that rips at my heart. Maybe not to you, but to me, it's all important. Hence the bitterness and spur grapes.

I want progression. I don't see any.

So what is your benchmark for the amount of games before we CAN be concerned? We came 15th last season. Parra came 16th. Look at their attitude and desire. Look at ours.

I've been told all preseason how we'd be so much better in defense. Where's our against tally sit in the scheme of 15 other teams?

People who complain still support the team. So do people who praise. My membership dollars help the club JUST as much as your membership dollars.

We need some reality here. Our teams in trouble. BIG trouble, and the reward is breaking a 70+ year history in a wooden spoon. That's something that rips at my heart. Maybe not to you, but to me, it's all important. Hence the bitterness and spur grapes.

Mate, I’m willing to wager a grand with you and anyone else on here who may be silly enough to take me up on the offer, that we won’t be finishing with the spoon this season.

Last edited:

It has been 2 rounds Ryan you don't see progression, I do
I dont know about you but personally I was concerned before the season kicked off, Des may maybe a good coach and we may like to think he is Messiah, but we are stuck with an average roster to rebuild. The first 6 rounds were always going to be tough to compete, this game against the warriors on a dry track will be more of a yardstick for me than the previous 2. Giving the team time to Gel, getting combos working to the way Des wants and building a roster's confidence up that was blown to bits last season is going to take more the 2 games and I am willing to give that time, how long? long enough to avoid the spoon, long enough to get a few wins under our belt starting this weekend. That doesn't make me any less of a passionate supporter than you.

I don't care where or what the slimes are up to, I have seen improvement in our attitude and defense and that should continue, if you haven't I guess your spending to much time checking in on the eels, hanging out with the one eyed too much might be contagious.

I digress, round and round in circles, I will leave it there

Jake to play 80 minutes and move to prop while two mobile backrowers sub could be a good ploy against the Warriors. Des may see these ten forwards as his best performers at present.

Elliott should be in there.
Taufua has set us on the back foot early in both games now.
Where are Funa, Anderson and others ?
Why is Parker still there?

I'd be okay if there weren't options. But there are.

That said I'm happy with the 9/14 rotation as is. Fainu would get destroyed by a big , mobile , fresh Warriors pack.
Haha righto Trent

Jake to play 80 minutes and move to prop while two mobile backrowers sub could be a good ploy against the Warriors. Des may see these ten forwards as his best performers at present.
To be fair, that actually makes sense. Good point. I concede on that point. Unfair criticism from me on that one .

It has been 2 rounds Ryan you don't see progression, I do
I dont know about you but personally I was concerned before the season kicked off, Des may maybe a good coach and we may like to think he is Messiah, but we are stuck with an average roster to rebuild. The first 6 rounds were always going to be tough to compete, this game against the warriors on a dry track will be more of a yardstick for me than the previous 2. Giving the team time to Gel, getting combos working to the way Des wants and building a roster's confidence up that was blown to bits last season is going to take more the 2 games and I am willing to give that time, how long? long enough to avoid the spoon, long enough to get a few wins under our belt starting this weekend. That doesn't make me any less of a passionate supporter than you.

I don't care where or what the slimes are up to, I have seen improvement in our attitude and defense and that should continue, if you haven't I guess your spending to much time checking in on the eels, hanging out with the one eyed too much might be contagious.

I digress, round and round in circles, I will leave it there

I wouldn't ever claim you, or anyone else is a lesser supporter than anyone else, mate, and I'm sorry if that's how you perceived it. Honestly we are all fans, simple as that. We all want the same thing footy wise in the end.

Too be honest, and admittedly he was my favorite player, Dylan Walker really crueled us with his behaviour. So disappointing !

With Suli being better, we could even go:
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Albert Hopoate
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick

And we compete. Hopefully this is the team round 10.

I get the feeling you’re hitting your head against a brick wall on this one mate. Pointless using facts to argue with irrational emotions.
Thank you for your post feathered friend . It is all about perspective and we all have different views and it makes for good debate

Yes you are correct in comparing the quitter and failure to the premiership winning coach Des
Thats very logical feathered friend ;)
Des Hasler 8 Grand Finals as a player and coach for a total of 4 premierships (all for Manly)
Trent Barrett.... 1999 GF playing halfback for St Merge for a total of (insert the sound of crickets bleating beside a little creek down in Temora.)

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10