Same old Same old

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sue

Bencher
So we get towelled up in our first two games and don’t score a single try in the first half of either game - with the obvious issues being a lack of organisation and speed in the ruck leading to a terrible kicking game and no go forward and a backline that only plays to the right side due to Cherry being there and poor left hand side options.

So to address our issues in attack we keep the same left hand side - a bloke whose handling is putting us behind the eightball every game and another who since the start of last year has played 19 games, scored three tries, made three line breaks,had zero try assists and run for a staggering 70 metres metres per game despite playing almost all his games on the wing.How can a modern day winger run for 70 metres! To have figure like these and be considered for an NRL position is staggering. Goat photos ???

To keep both these guys in the side we dispatch a bloke who has a very good try scoring record and filled in pretty well at fullback.Parker needed to go. Jorge is our only genuine winger and at least has some runs on the board.Im assuming Funa is still injured.

We then also keep a bloke at starting hooker who has played the majority of time on the field and in that time we have scored one eightieth minute try and looked a disorganised rabble, as we have for three years.To cater for that selection we have a bloke warming the bench who lit up Brookie last week for the first time in living memory, had the forwards rolling and DCE on fire.

I hope we can jag a win against a poor Warriors side last week to get our season rolling but to say I’m confused is an understatement. Lose this game and inevitably the Bunnies the week after and any remote top eight chance is gone. Thought there might have been a bit more urgency with selections.If we don’t start well like the sad starts of the last two weeks the crowd and emotion will give them a huge lift. We know it doesn’t work - surely something different needs to be tried.

Last edited:
So we get towelled up in our first two games and don’t score a single try in the first half of either game - with the obvious issues being a lack of organisation in the ruck leading to a terrible kicking game and no go forward and a backline that only plays to the right side due to Cherry being there and poor left hand side options.

So to address our issues in attack we keep the same left hand side - a bloke whose handling is putting us behind the eightball every game and another who since the start of last year has played 19 games, scored three tries, made three line breaks,had zero try assists and run for a staggering 70 metres metres per game despite playing almost all his games on the wing.How can a modern day winger run for 70 metres! To have figure like these and be considered for an NRL position is staggering. Goat photos ???

To keep both these guys in the side we dispatch a bloke who has a very good try scoring record and filled in pretty well at fullback.

We then also keep a bloke at starting hooker who has played the majority of time on the field and in that time we have scored one eightieth minute try and looked a disorganised rabble, as we have for three years.To cater for that selection we have a bloke warming the bench who lit up Brookie last week for the first time in living memory, had the forwards rolling and DCE on fire.

I hope we can jag a win against a poor Warriors side last week to get our season rolling but to say I’m confused is an understatement. Lose this game and inevitably the Bunnies the week after and any remote top eight chance s gone. Thought there might have been a bit more urgency with selections. We know it doesn’t work - surely something different needs to be tried.

sue, the team announced infuriated me. Taufua, and Suli last week set us on the back foot immediately.

The week before Suli was great but Taufua was awful.

Parker in both games was average. Had no penetration, didn't pass, and looked like a reserve grader stepping up.

We have Elliott available. Fainu should start. One of our speedsters should also slot into the backline. It's not like we don't have options. Garrick to centre. He passed the ball and made breaks last game.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Brendan Elliott
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Moses Suli
05. Tevita Funa
06. Kane Elgey
07. DCE

Agree. Going with the same lumps, in the same spots will get us nowhere.

So we get towelled up in our first two games and don’t score a single try in the first half of either game - with the obvious issues being a lack of organisation in the ruck leading to a terrible kicking game and no go forward and a backline that only plays to the right side due to Cherry being there and poor left hand side options.

To keep both these guys in the side we dispatch a bloke who has a very good try scoring record and filled in pretty well at fullback.

I hope we can jag a win against a poor Warriors side last week to get our season rolling but to say I’m confused is an understatement. Lose this game and inevitably the Bunnies the week after and any remote top eight chance s gone. Thought there might have been a bit more urgency with selections. We know it doesn’t work - surely something different needs to be tried.

Thanks for your view mate and this is how I see it and why ...

It has only been 2 games together as a team and in the fist game our young hooker was not available through suspension and Des did make changes and bring him in the second game . Api also had his first game after months out of action from surgery and he will get better with more playing time .

It has only been 2 games and a coach has to give a player a little time to try and instill confidence in them . You do not instill confidence and team morale by panicking and making anxious changes. I am sure Des is on to this and we will see more changes in good time.

To put things in perspective I think our team will keep improving as we proved it on our last 40 minutes of play in only our second match of the season out scoring the Roosters by 3 tries to one . That was not going back wards it is a sign of moving forward

Last edited:

It has only been 2 games together as a team and in the fist game our young hooker was not available through suspension and Des did make changes and bring him in the second game . Api also had his first game after months out of action from surgery and he will get better with more playing time .

It has only been 2 games and a coach has to give a player a little time to try and instill confidence in them . You do not instill confidence and team moral by panicking and making anxious changes. I am sure Des is on to this and we will see more changes in good time.

To put things in perspective I think our team will keep improving as we proved it on our last 40 minutes of play in only our second match of the season out scoring the Roosters by 3 tries to one . That was not going back wards it is a sign of moving forward

Once again, against a team with a 1 man bench, who put the cue in the wrack, and had their starting 6 (for the whole half), 7 & 9 out the whole game.

Let's be realistic mate.

Our backs - have a look at the Foxstats;

Interesting read after 2 games, Suli (picking one player) is streets ahead on Inglis in all stats (Inglis has missed 8 tackles in 2 games). I am not saying we are world beaters just they are holding their own. Obviously, I would like to Tom in there as well as walker.

Once again, against a team with a 1 man bench, who put the cue in the wrack, and had their starting 6 (for the whole half), 7 & 9 out the whole game.

Let's be realistic mate.
Lets be realistic
The Roosters are the premiers and are not known to put teams on the rack but on the sword
Lets be realistic
because pessimistic people like you predicted a cricket score against us but now you change your tune and make excuses that the Roosters had put the cue on the rack . If you knew that the roosters are team that put the cue on the rack you would not have predicted a cricket score would you ?
Lets be realistic
Our team was only 2 games together under Des and without players like Walker , Turbo , ABF Paseka , Hoppa , and we also lost Sironen in the second half as well as further disruptions in the team when our full back was off for a while
At the end of the day we showed resilience to fight back from 22 -0 and out scored the roosters in the second half by 3 tries to one to one giving us a winnable chance in the match and in the end it was only 8 point game and not a cricket score that you predicted
Lets be realistic
And not pessimistic

Last edited:

It has only been 2 games and a coach has to give a player a little time to try and instill confidence in them . You do not instill confidence and team moral by panicking and making anxious changes. I am sure Des is on to this and we will see more changes in good time.

Fair enough Boz. That’s the obvious argument against mine. Problem is quite a lot of people like yourself were harbouring thoughts this side could make the eight and that’s fine. But lose Saturday and any top eight hope is history after a month.0 and 4 with a roster with no depth and it’s over. I would have thought with your hopes for the side this year you would want chances to be taken.Anyway other than Walker( who is probably gone for good) this is basically our best side so you would hope to see improvement or a long year looms. No excuses this week.

Also the bloke who did get us to look so much better as you mentioned gets benched. That’s my main issue.Get him out there !!!!

Anyway let’s hope for a win. Confidence is everything.

Last edited:
I blame Barrettt ... no ... sorry, that was so 2018 ....
So we get towelled up in our first two games and don’t score a single try in the first half of either game - with the obvious issues being a lack of organisation and speed in the ruck leading to a terrible kicking game and no go forward and a backline that only plays to the right side due to Cherry being there and poor left hand side options.

To keep both these guys in the side we dispatch a bloke who has a very good try scoring record and filled in pretty well at fullback.Parker needed to go. Jorge is our only genuine winger and at least has some runs on the board.Im assuming Funa is still injured.

I hope we can jag a win against a poor Warriors side last week to get our season rolling but to say I’m confused is an understatement. Lose this game and inevitably the Bunnies the week after and any remote top eight chance is gone. Thought there might have been a bit more urgency with selections.If we don’t start well like the sad starts of the last two weeks the crowd and emotion will give them a huge lift. We know it doesn’t work - surely something different needs to be tried.

Mate, give Dessie a call ... I am certain he and the rest of his coaching staff would love to hear how you can solve all his problems ..... it can happen with such an inexperienced coachng staff ....

I blame Barrettt ... no ... sorry, that was so 2018 ....

Mate, give Dessie a call ... I am certain he and the rest of his coaching staff would love to hear how you can solve all his problems ..... it can happen with such an inexperienced coachng staff ....

Lol when will you move on Woodsie? Still trying to troll people about Barrett. Classic.

Fair enough Boz. That’s the obvious argument against mine. Problem is quite a lot of people like yourself were harbouring thoughts this side could make the eight and that’s fine. But lose Saturday and any top eight hope is history after a month.0 and 4 with a roster with no depth and it’s over. I would have thought with your hopes for the side this year you would want chances to be taken.

Anyway let’s hope for a win. Confidence is everything.
I still have not given up hope of a top 8 just after only two games . We have a lot more going for us ahead . More games together to gel as a team and more players coming into our squad .

Lol when will you move on Woodsie? Still trying to troll people about Barrett. Classic.

yeah, didn't intend to ... it is just the inconsistency ... last year when selections weren't agreed with ... it was because Barrett was a clueless idiot ..... this week many are blowing up delux about selections .... but not one criticism or mention of Dessie ....

Just amuses me to ....

What amuses me @manlyfan76 is that after only 2 weeks in the comp a handful of pessimistic panick merchants critisise Des and validate their cause to compare a proven premiership winning coach with a rookie nobody

Will Trent the rookie get a Head coach role ?

Who in their right mind would put the future of thier club in the hands of an unproven rookie coach and quitter in tough times ?

Answer . No club

Garrick and Suli are a combination with potential and a future. Parker and Taufua are not and I believe this line up results from a lack of options.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Lets be realistic
The Roosters are the premiers and are not known to put teams on the rack but on the sword
Lets be realistic
because pessimistic people like you predicted a cricket score against us but now you change your tune and make excuses that the Roosters had put the cue on the rack . If you knew that the roosters are team that put the cue on the rack you would not have predicted a cricket score would you ?
Lets be realistic
Our team was only 2 games together under Des and without players like Walker , Turbo , ABF Paseka , Hoppa , and we also lost Sironen in the second half as well as further disruptions in the team when our full back was off for a while
At the end of the day we showed resilience to fight back from 22 -0 and out scored the roosters in the second half by 3 tries to one to one giving us a winnable chance in the match and in the end it was only 8 point game and not a cricket score that you predicted
Lets be realistic
And not pessimistic

Almost 30 in the rain is a cricket score, simple as that. Tupou had a field day, and carved us like a Christmas dinner for the second year straight.

Let me make this VERY clear. I'm not changing my tune. They did exactly what I expected. I thought the rain would be a leveller, but it wasn't.

30 odd points ripped through you in that weather, is like 50+ on a dry track. You hear the commentators say that after 10 points against us, and the rain coming down, "in this weather, that's a LOT of points to pull back". They are the pros, and they are right.

I still have not given up hope of a top 8 just after only two games . We have a lot more going for us ahead . More games together to gel as a team and more players coming into our squad .
Don’t get me wrong Boz. I think we can beat the Warriors.Other than their back three they look ordinary and if you can put them under pressure they often fold. I’m tipping us by 6 , particularly if Fainu gets a lot of minutes and we can make a decent start. Just think that there is some obvious moves that would make us a better side. Three years is enough to know the stuff and personnel I was talking about in the original post doesn’t work.

Im a huge Des fan also Bozo. Just not sure what the rationale is in picking the side for this game is.

Last edited:
What amuses me @manlyfan76 is that after only 2 weeks in the comp a handful of pessimistic panick merchants critisise Des and validate their cause to compare a proven premiership winning coach with a rookie nobody

Will Trent the rookie get a Head coach role ?

Who in their right mind would put the future of thier club in the hands of an unproven rookie coach and quitter in tough times ?

Answer . No club

what amuses me is that De$ is doing the exact same things as Barrett yet Barrett was the worst human ever born and De$ is the messiah

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4