Same old Same old

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The bloke you are talking about that fcked the club gave our club more success than the rookie nobody loser that quit could ever dream of

Des has stamped his name in our history books as a 4 premiership winner

Trent has stamped his name in our history books as a 3 year quitter

Speaking of quitters ....
Winners that that fight for a cause have never thrown in the towel and put up the white flag

I work out in the gym with quitters all the time . They come and go with out success just like your mate Trent did

View attachment 11005
You're a funny man ....... you never give up do you ........

What's this forum going to be like after 26+ rounds of this ? :giggle:

The funny thing about that remark of yours Ryan is that you seem to bag our team more than any other forum member at other opposition clubs forums

We have a lol Parra thread on here and I think you may as well start an lol Manly thread where all the other club supporters can log on here and join you.:clap:

So we get towelled up in our first two games and don’t score a single try in the first half of either game - with the obvious issues being a lack of organisation and speed in the ruck leading to a terrible kicking game and no go forward and a backline that only plays to the right side due to Cherry being there and poor left hand side options.

So to address our issues in attack we keep the same left hand side - a bloke whose handling is putting us behind the eightball every game and another who since the start of last year has played 19 games, scored three tries, made three line breaks,had zero try assists and run for a staggering 70 metres metres per game despite playing almost all his games on the wing.How can a modern day winger run for 70 metres! To have figure like these and be considered for an NRL position is staggering. Goat photos ???

To keep both these guys in the side we dispatch a bloke who has a very good try scoring record and filled in pretty well at fullback.Parker needed to go. Jorge is our only genuine winger and at least has some runs on the board.Im assuming Funa is still injured.

We then also keep a bloke at starting hooker who has played the majority of time on the field and in that time we have scored one eightieth minute try and looked a disorganised rabble, as we have for three years.To cater for that selection we have a bloke warming the bench who lit up Brookie last week for the first time in living memory, had the forwards rolling and DCE on fire.

I hope we can jag a win against a poor Warriors side last week to get our season rolling but to say I’m confused is an understatement. Lose this game and inevitably the Bunnies the week after and any remote top eight chance is gone. Thought there might have been a bit more urgency with selections.If we don’t start well like the sad starts of the last two weeks the crowd and emotion will give them a huge lift. We know it doesn’t work - surely something different needs to be tried.

Yep I'm taking a break until this club gets serious and I don't need them to be winning to be serious I just need to see some improvement. I don't count scoring a few cheap try's after the opposition has clocked off as improvement.

We were sold that everything would be better when we had a "manly" man back in charge well I see no improvement.We don't seem to be any fitter since Donny came back. I continue to see the same players that have proven time after time to not be up to it to get selected and on top of that we keep signing trash to extended deals.

How in the hell did Boyle get a 3 year deal? why would we lock ourselves into that what has he done to deserve that. We are going nowhere and our only hope of not getting the spoon is the dogs.

We look like the slowest side ever put on the park and I sense Des is past it compare him to Madge (who knocked our tight arse back) the tigers look like they are well coached and have a purpose we are the same boring side from last season.

I agree with basically everything you said but I'm hopeful of seeing a vast improvement tomorrow.
Without Turbojet we lose most of our attack, and without AFB we lack mongrel. So, there will be no excuses if we don't lift against the Worriers.

L
The funny thing about that remark of yours Ryan is that you seem to bag our team more than any other forum member at other opposition clubs forums

We have a lol Parra thread on here and I think you may as well start an lol Manly thread where all the other club supporters can log on here and join you.:clap:

Honestly, I Did say people should refrain from bagging others clubs like that, because karma is a bitch. Juju is important imo

haha No inside knowledge needed, proof is in what we can all see, Trent couldn't get what he wanted, Des could and has. On field results will take a lot longer to come. Unless you know something no one does.

why should results take longer when you have everything on a silver platter.

just more excuses

just more excuses

I think you confuse us with the Roorters and that silver platter... your delirious if you think just because a few roles have finally been filled off field that it miraculously changes everything on field instantaneously, it takes time.

just more excuses
Wow... seriously???? How do you rate a back five of Elliot, Jorge, Parker, Suli and Garrick compared to what other clubs have had at their disposal for the opening couple of rounds? Fark me... look at the Storm, Broncos, Raiders, Panthers, Bunnies, Sharks, Roosters, Dragons, Knights and Warriors back five for example... A silver platter you say, yeah right. You hate Des... cool, that’s fine, but you are beginning to sound like a dim witted fool who has absolutely no clue about the sport you follow. We have been missing the only 2 backs from the side who would be guaranteed getting a start at other clubs and you refuse to even acknowledge the point... it’s ridiculous. Barrett is/was a dud... and the facts are that he has the worst win percentage of any coach in our modern history. A sprint coach and a few extra staff doesn’t negate our depth issues, and anyone with a fleck of understanding of the game can see there are some glaring deficiencies within the squad which Des has inherited from the sook. If a few of the kids end up fulfilling their potential then that may change. A big part of Baz’s complaints were directed towards the arcane facilities he was forced to work with (which happen to be the very same ones that Des is now using without any apparent issues) yet another fact you conveniently gloss over. Continue hating Hasler all you want... soak in your misery... but at the end of the day, the man has been directly involved in half of our clubs premierships, which is something pretty boy can only ever dream about.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand the prolonged hatred that certain long time “supporters” of our club direct towards Des and Bozo. I get how people felt bitterness when Dessie left in 2011, and not every single decision Bozo has made ended up becoming a pot of gold. However, these two, along with Wombat, have basically won ALL of our premierships. Without them we would probably resemble the Titans more so than the most successful club in the modern era. I can’t think of any other fan base in the NRL who would behave in the same way towards two of their most iconic legends just because they stump up a couple of hundred dollars each year for a membership.

Last edited:
I just don’t understand the prolonged hatred that certain long time “supporters” of our club direct towards Des and Bozo. I get that people felt bitterness when Dessie left in 2011, and not every single decision Bozo has made ended up becoming a pot of gold. However, these two, along with Wombat, have basically won ALL of our premierships. Without them we would probably resemble the Titans more so than the most successful club in the modern era. I can’t think of any other fan base in the NRL who would behave in the same way towards two of their most iconic legends just because they stump up a couple of hundred dollars each year for a membership.

I know I'm tough on the team atm, but Dessie and Bozo will always be club legends, simple as that. I also say the same about much maligned players like Watmough.However it ended with these people, they spilled blood for our club on and off the field.

I know I'm tough on the team atm, but Dessie and Bozo will always be club legends, simple as that. I also say the same about much maligned players like Watmough.However it ended with these people, they spilled blood for our club on and off the field.
Exactly mate... couldn’t agree more in regards to Choc. A lot of stuff happened which left a stain on the end of that golden era, but golden it most definitely was. I’ll never forget Choc in the huddle with the boys before the 2008 GF against the Storm, when he was laughing and revving his teammates up, I knew right then that we were going to win.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8