Same old Same old

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
1) 26-0 after 50 minutes
2) Raining
3) Roosters down to no one on the bench/Cordner in Disneyland

Um, you don't think the Roosters may have taken their foot off the pedal just a little bit?

I think the tries Manly scored are commonly referred to as consolation tries. Manly were NEVER in that game...

Thank you!! Hehehehe. Jesus, I was starting to think I must have watched a different game, and we had actually won, with all the positivity about our amazing performance, apparently.

lonewolf.

I read your title and went straight to type this so may be completely irrelevant, but if this is what I think it is about then..

I disagree. In 2018 we saw defeat. In 2019 we’ve seen defeat AND effort/desperation

22-0 down against the reigning premiers, injuries, wet conditions and they never gave up. Got ourselves in a position to win. Against the Tigers in the wet, defending for a huge majority of the game, never gave up, then cracked, then kept trying and secured a try at the end. That’s what we want to see. As Des said, he wants manly to constantly be a competitive outfit, and with that we will build success

Okay? When were we in a position to win?

I read your title and went straight to type this so may be completely irrelevant, but if this is what I think it is about then..

I disagree. In 2018 we saw defeat. In 2019 we’ve seen defeat AND effort/desperation

22-0 down against the reigning premiers, injuries, wet conditions and they never gave up. Got ourselves in a position to win. Against the Tigers in the wet, defending for a huge majority of the game, never gave up, then cracked, then kept trying and secured a try at the end. That’s what we want to see. As Des said, he wants manly to constantly be a competitive outfit, and with that we will build success
Harry I’ve seen some good things too in exactly the areas you say. Desperation in defence etc. All that I’m saying is to win footy games you need points and that requires a smooth spine. It’s not negative, just my opinion on a couple of key positions, not a reflection on the attitude of the players which I think has been good.

Did you take any positives out of the match ?

Fainu reminded me of Ballin in his glory days. Balanced runner, zippy passer, accurate passer.
Garrick looked good again, and looks like a player that can break the line, AND pass.
Waddell looks a bit like Choc to me playing wise, and that's an amazing thing.
Suli (not as great as the week before) got over the white stripe, and looks okay
DCE at least improved from the week before

Thank you!! Hehehehe. Jesus, I was starting to think I must have watched a different game, and we had actually won, with all the positivity about our amazing performance, apparently.

lonewolf.

Apparently We would have flogged them if Fainu had started the game .... Api is the only reason we lost .....

Apparently We would have flogged them if Fainu had started the game .... Api is the only reason we lost .....

Lucky Barrett wasn't coach as well. I'm thinking at least double the score both ways, if he was! Don't forget that.

52-9 (we would have been ahead 9-0 at half time and capitulated, because Dessies teams don't quit !) @:D

Okay? When were we in a position to win?
You are picking at my words a bit here Ryan. What the regular person would get from that is that despite being down 22-0 manly fought back into a postion where they could’ve (a.k.a potentially could’ve) won. 22-0 equals no chance, 26-18 equals potentially. We fought (and defended well) to get it back to 8 points down with 8 or so minutes remaining and some well-earned momentum. All we need to do is keep playing. The more we play the closer we get to playing the brand of football wanted. We clicked in attack vs the roosters during that second half with Fainu. Defence is building and just need to work on kick diffusion

Pessimism solves nothing. I am optimistic in most aspects based off of the history of this club although at least I can acknowledge some aspects on the negative side and some on the positive. You just need to open up your walls to the other end of viewing sometimes. Used to listen to you

Last edited by a moderator:
what amuses me is that De$ is doing the exact same things as Barrett yet Barrett was the worst human ever born and De$ is the messiah
Nah... I think most rational people can see that Des has taken two clubs to five GF during his career (6 if you include the squad Tooves inherited from him.) Trent hasn’t managed to get any side to one, not even when he was the coach of the most successful junior nursery in rugby league... in fact the year he coached the Panther juniors they didn’t even make the finals, so there’s that. Trent is a lovely guy though, has a heart for human rights and a green thumb by all accounts. He even has a little statue in Temora which often gets covered in bird sh1t (perhaps a picnic can be arranged on here for the Baz sympathisers to take a day trip down to his home town where they can celebrate his cough... cough, wonderful achievements for our club.) He never got to experience the big dance as a player either unfortunately, so even old Hindy has him covered in that department.

Last edited:
Harry I’ve seen some good things too in exactly the areas you say. Desperation in defence etc. All that I’m saying is to win footy games you need points and that requires a smooth spine. It’s not negative, just my opinion on a couple of key positions, not a reflection on the attitude of the players which I think has been good.
Sorry sue I hadn’t read your post but now have, I agree with you too

1) 26-0 after 50 minutes
2) Raining
3) Roosters down to no one on the bench/Cordner in Disneyland

Um, you don't think the Roosters may have taken their foot off the pedal just a little bit?

I think the tries Manly scored are commonly referred to as consolation tries. Manly were NEVER in that game...
1) After 59 Minutes the score was 26-12. Still plenty of game left. Really doubt a professional outfit like that wasn't trying to go on with it.
2) Both teams had to play in the rain (No idea why people keep bringing this up)
3) We were forced into 2 backline reshuffles with Elliot and Suli both going off with injury.

1) After 59 Minutes the score was 26-12. Still plenty of game left. Really doubt a professional outfit like that wasn't trying to go on with it.
2) Both teams had to play in the rain (No idea why people keep bringing this up)
3) We were forced into 2 backline reshuffles with Elliot and Suli both going off with injury.
The only reason I bring that rain point up is because I can’t remember the last time manly ever played well in the rain. We need to learn to play to wet conditions. Nearly lost to the wooden spoon Knights two years ago (when we were competing for the top 4) in the rain (and we were the far worse side). Got belted by some teams in the rain lately.

Round and round we go, where it stops, nobody knows...

I shake my head, you shake yours... Now, what can I find in another thread?

You don't think a game is winnable at 26-12 with 21 minutes to go?

You're one of those fake supporters that walks out before fulltime if the team is behind aren't you.

Ok, why do you have to resort to this rubbish?

Fake supporters...irregular supporters...pessimists...

Ok, I will get in on the act...go and support Parra. You don't belong here. You are not a true supporter!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10