Same old Same old

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Garrick and Suli are a combination with potential and a future. Parker and Taufua are not and I believe this line up results from a lack of options.
Elliott's available for starters. Much better option than either Parker / Taufua.

Anderson / Funa & others are available, yet Parker keeps getting the nod.

Des team this week smacks of no accountability.

yeah, didn't intend to ... it is just the inconsistency ... last year when selections weren't agreed with ... it was because Barrett was a clueless idiot ..... this week many are blowing up delux about selections .... but not one criticism or mention of Dessie ....

Just amuses me to ....

This one thousand times. Here is why I clash with so many. The inconsistencies.

Hasler can do no wrong. Barrett was awful.

Funnily, our defense is up there again with the worst in the league. As Des says, defense is about attitude. Okay then. PROVE IT Desmond.

What amuses me @manlyfan76 is that after only 2 weeks in the comp a handful of pessimistic panick merchants critisise Des and validate their cause to compare a proven premiership winning coach with a rookie nobody

Will Trent the rookie get a Head coach role ?

Who in their right mind would put the future of thier club in the hands of an unproven rookie coach and quitter in tough times ?

Answer . No club

If you re-read my posts you will conclude that I have always been very supportive of Dessie .... and as recently as a couple of posts ago suggested he may know a bit more than the numbnut criticising him for selecting Api ....

I simply have the wit to be able to support both coaches ... I have not ... as you state ... ever compared them ...

So please read posts before you jump tp conclusions ..

what amuses me is that De$ is doing the exact same things as Barrett yet Barrett was the worst human ever born and De$ is the messiah
Yeah, but Barrett did it to us consistently over three years and left this roster. We're two games in to the season and we've had some of our best players out and salary cap-issues. Whoever was in charge, 2019 was / is going to be a tough season. Give Dessie a few years and I am 1,000,000% certain we'll be better off than where we are now.

Almost 30 in the rain is a cricket score, simple as that. Tupou had a field day, and carved us like a Christmas dinner for the second year straight.

Let me make this VERY clear. I'm not changing my tune. They did exactly what I expected. I thought the rain would be a leveller, but it wasn't.

30 odd points ripped through you in that weather, is like 50+ on a dry track. You hear the commentators say that after 10 points against us, and the rain coming down, "in this weather, that's a LOT of points to pull back". They are the pros, and they are right.

You are using your catastrophic ALMOST word once again .

The game is played over 80 minutes and not only 40 and unlike last season we did not capitulate but bounced back and won the second half and to use your own word ALMOST
We ALMOST won the mach

Last edited:
If you re-read my posts you will conclude that I have always been very supportive of Dessie .... and as recently as a couple of posts ago suggested he may know a bit more than the numbnut criticising him for selecting Api ....

I simply have the wit to be able to support both coaches ... I have not ... as you state ... ever compared them ...

So please read posts before you jump tp conclusions ..
Sorry for miss reading

We have lost Walker Lane and Kelly from Barrett’s list and Tom has t played a game. All of the above three would be walk up starters in this side. Also it was Barrett who put this ridiculously unbalanced list together and Des is having to deal with it.
Last year we had no kickers in general play other than DCE and one hooker! How could anyone put that together. It’s a joke.This year we have one ageing winger in our top 30 as some of Barrett’s deadwood had to go from the shambles that was last year.With no ability to recruit we’ve now ended up with an overload of halves as we are so thin elsewhere.

Des has had to inherit this amateurs roster and he’s going to have to spend a long time unravelling it. The bloke was an embarrassment.

I’m a bit surprised at a couple of his selections from a very bare cupboard but Des is a bloke who has the skills , tenacity and love for Manly to turn this around.Orher than maybe playing Fainu more and dropping Parker for Elliott as I suggested he has basically got no other options.None. Id have liked to see him try those options but that’s just me.This weeks side is basically the best Barrett has left us.It should be good enough to get the job done.

Last edited:
Yeah, but Barrett did it to us consistently over three years and left this roster. We're two games in to the season and we've had some of our best players out and salary cap-issues. Whoever was in charge, 2019 was / is going to be a tough season. Give Dessie a few years and I am 1,000,000% certain we'll be better off than where we are now.

But there lies the rub ... and the inconsistency ...... you make good points .... but when the same points were made about injuries, salary cap. etc last year ..... the numbnuts howled "NO EXCUSES" from the roof tops .... now we have the same people falling over themselves to make the excuses ....

PSS ... I happen to agree .. when we get close to our top side we will win games ... starting with giving Warriors a flogging this weekend ...

what amuses me is that De$ is doing the exact same things as Barrett yet Barrett was the worst human ever born and De$ is the messiah
Very irrational post and you have 2 likes out of all our 10, 000 members to support your logic of comparing our 2 game team under Des with the 3 year rookie quitter and failure .

We have lost Walker Lane and Kelly from Barrett’s list and Tom has t played a game. All of the above three would be walk up starters in this side. Also it was Barrett who put this ridiculously unbalanced list together and Des is having to deal with it.
Last year we had no kickers in general play other than DCE and one hooker! How could anyone put that together. It’s a joke.This year we have one ageing winger in our top 30 as some of Barrett’s deadwood had to go from the shambles that was last year.

Des has had to inherit this amateurs roster and he’s going to have to spend a long time unravelling it. The bloke was an embarrassment.

I’m a bit surprised at a couple of his selections from a very bare cupboard but Des is a bloke who has the skills , tenacity and love for Manly to turn this around.

Yeah ... again you are brilliant in your observations .....

But just as a giggle ... let's have a poll on which roster people would prefer ... the one Barrett left us with .... or the one Dessie left Bulldogs with .....

Based on past results Wombat, it is blind faith to believe that De$ would leave any team in a better salary-cap position than he found it... you can't acknowledge his runs on the board for success without also acknowledging his recklessness with roster management...

But there lies the rub ... and the inconsistency ...... you make good points .... but when the same points were made about injuries, salary cap. etc last year ..... the numbnuts howled "NO EXCUSES" from the roof tops .... now we have the same people falling over themselves to make the excuses ....

PSS ... I happen to agree .. when we get close to our top side we will win games ... starting with giving Warriors a flogging this weekend ...
I thought Barrett was a dud and I'm glad he's gone but even I'll have to stop blaming and try and look to the future. I think we have the right people in charge (coaching not necessarily owners) who will make good choices. At the end of last year and even going into the start of this season one didn't have to be Ironstine (Einstein) to see that this was aways going to be a tough year for us.

Look, we are a dry track team. Watch the change in our execution in both attack and defence when we finally get some consistent dry weather. The trial where Tom was injured was a wet game, both of our games to start the season had extended periods of very heavy rain.

Almost 30 in the rain is a cricket score, simple as that. Tupou had a field day, and carved us like a Christmas dinner for the second year straight.

Let me make this VERY clear. I'm not changing my tune. They did exactly what I expected. I thought the rain would be a leveller, but it wasn't.

30 odd points ripped through you in that weather, is like 50+ on a dry track. You hear the commentators say that after 10 points against us, and the rain coming down, "in this weather, that's a LOT of points to pull back". They are the pros, and they are right.

I was despondent when I saw that Taufua (and I love Jorgie-boy) was playing on Tupou - although I've been despondent about our club's position for a while generally I guess.... for Jorge's many positives, reach and jump are not his main attributes and he was on a hiding-to-nothing against DT....

I can't remember the last time I felt so uninspired by a Manly team as I have in these first 2 games and I think it's just because our backline is so disjointed and unproven... even last year when we were playing for the spoon, I always felt like the likes of DCE, Walker, Turbo and Kelly could put tries on and show what our team was TRUELY capable of but I am just not feeling it right now.... Garrick looks promising but I am not convinced that LG, Parker or Elliott are true first-graders and if Suli is I reckon it is as a winger not a centre....

... I will be the happiest person in the world to be proved wrong over the next 24 weeks ...

thanks for listening, I needed to unload as I don't tend to talk football much lately...

Last edited:
This one thousand times. Here is why I clash with so many. The inconsistencies.

Hasler can do no wrong. Barrett was awful.

Funnily, our defense is up there again with the worst in the league. As Des says, defense is about attitude. Okay then. PROVE IT Desmond.

Des proved it to you Ryan

You predicted a cricket score against the Roosters and we only went down by 8

Evaluating our whole 2019 season in just two games is proof that you are irrational feathered friend .

Des will give the existing team half a season before he brings in any new players He doesn't have much choice as we have no depth and a lot of our Fg are reserve grade standard

With 24 off contract this year 2020 will see us with a completely different team

In the meantime we just have to enjoy any wins we get which won't be many I can see us 0-6 or 0-7

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8