Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another hypocritical thing will be not allowing us to sign Hodko due to "market value" yet the silly one passenger Plane can play for 700k less than his last year.
*Not that I mind not signing him. We should go with one of our young guns. But the hypocrisy is borderline ridiculous. Actually no. It is ridiculous.
I wouldn't mind bubbler boy though. Another thing for sheep to hate Manly about.
Bring on 2018.

So we have $400,000 taken out of a $10 million salary cap?
Doesn't strike me as such a big deal for the 2018 squad.
And Penn gets fined up to $1 million?
Again, not such a big deal for our squad - which is all I really care about.

I suspect @Dan may have a hand in this. Surely it brings a massive spike in visitors (revenue) for the site! :hi:@;):rofl:
I've got an idea that maybe one of the sausage roll eating fans knows a sausage roll making fan and they paid the players in 50k worth of undeclared bakery treats?
Can random testing reveal traces of sausage roll in the system?
*It's school holidays. I feel a bit like a Year 9 kid on the loose.:p

Todd carney may still be coming to manly . 400 G off our 18 cap , release another player and bang he's here . This may end up all Bull**** and we'll find out soon enough.
We don't need to release another player, we would be about 900k under now. Even adding 400k, we are still 500k under and carney won't be getting anywhere near that.

My mail is that manly are looking at starting the season on -280 competition points and will be eligible to compete in 2046.

We will have to release Tom and Jake + Cherry and Tapau to the only club with cap room left to sign them, the roosters

That will then leave manly only $6 million over the cap and it should be ironed out in three decades after we've been moved to perth and renamed the reds.

We don't need to release another player, we would be about 900k under now. Even adding 400k, we are still 500k under and carney won't be getting anywhere near that.
I see ur point , but does anyone know how much money we actually have ? Im not saying you are wrong but ive never seen anything to say how much money we have . Make me eat my hat ....

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
I see ur point , but does anyone know how much money we actually have ? Im not saying you are wrong but ive never seen anything to say how much money we have . Make me eat my hat ....
Probably just work on the basis that we had at least around the 800 to 900 grand to offer Pearce . Still enough quality and really good prospects already in the club roster to be competitive and make a go of next season , Set backs come and go .

Well one thing has been confirmed , in case we didn’t know it Greenslime has a dead set hatred for Manly and is using every trick in the book to derail us.

Release the information at 430pm on a slow news day ( NRL wise) knowing it will dominate the front pages all week.

**** you Toggy, I knew you were a ****, now I know you are a first class one!

You forgot the bit about all manly history to be expunged from the record books, and any premiership victories to be given to the losing grand finalists.
No, they will give our GF wins to Parra, that will make all Parra fans happy and return to watching the game on 9, making 9 happy, which will make the NRL happy, there you have it, Many can get farked as far as the NRL is concerned.

Probably just work on the basis that we had at least around the 800 to 900 grand to offer Pearce . Still enough quality and really good prospects already in the club roster to be competitive and make a go of next season , Set backs come and go .
Thats right . I still think we only need a couple of hundred k to land Carney for 1 season then money in the bank for 19 .

I'd have guessed botox and Darius Hasler personally

There's no names given so defamation is a reach unless they're admitting to botox and being discount cheats
I really doubt it would have been Des, he left such a long time ago that too many things have changed since then, also doubt botox, he was happy to leave and received his superannuation at Parra, there is another player though who was quite bitter that he didn't receive his full contract money at Manly after he left and was chasing the balance, only to be told by the club that the matter is between his TPA sponsor and himself.

For sure the club is going to get fined over this and knowing Greenturd he'll be pushing for the maximum fine possible for the size of the crime. And of course the media and all non-Manly fans on social media will call us cheats.....nothing unusual there.

And taking $400,000 off our salary cap for 2018......no big deal really. We already played 2017 with only a 23 man squad and roughly $1.5 million worth of talent not there so TBH its not all that much different except that either way we will have a full squad of 30.

Cut your losses, learn from your mistakes and get on with life.

But just to cheer people up, think of it like this. We overspend by $400,000 over 5 years. During that time we made the Prelim final (2012), a Grand Final (2013) and the Semi's (2014) while missing the finals in 2015 and 2016. During the same period doesn't-matta did it to the tune of $3 million, won 2 wooden spoons and missed the finals in all 5 years.

Maybe a mutual one year deal with Todd Carney works?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

I really doubt it would have been Des, he left such a long time ago that too many things have changed since then, also doubt botox, he was happy to leave and received his superannuation at Parra, there is another player though who was quite bitter that he didn't receive his full contract money at Manly after he left and was chasing the balance, only to be told by the club that the matter is between his TPA sponsor and himself.
By using the name Darius i meant player who follows coach, while the real Darius has never left Wayne's side the Darius i refer to followed a few years later and will not have met his former dominant master as he's been fired

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

For argument sake we do still manage to land someone like Carney or Hodkinson. The only change to that I would make to that team would be Hastings for Brown as the utility and probably Shaun Lane for the alphabet man.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen