Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No need to eat your hat; however, we couldn't have made a competitive offer to Pearce (as mentioned by Manly) if we only had $400k. A number of reports suggesting 800-900kplus we have since released Cullen (not that he would have been on much).
We will end up with Carney or no one .

I’m giving up Twitter for the rest of the week, **** me it’s depressing there.

Every league fan wants us burnt at the stake, saw a ripper just then,

“Expel them from the comp, take all the Premierships off them, blow up that ****hole Brookvale Oval, and put Toovey in jail for life”.

Bugger me you’d think we had committed 27 axe murders or something.

I take it with a grain of salt but I reckon it will just be easier to not read it in the first place.

“Expel them from the comp, take all the Premierships off them, blow up that ****hole Brookvale Oval, and put Toovey in jail for life”.

I take it with a grain of salt but I reckon it will just be easier to not read it in the first place.

Thank God they still hate us ..... it will only become a concern to me when they start to pity us!

@Budgewoi Eagle

There are enough anti-Manly people here Mark, if you need a small dose of negativity.

Let the haters hate.... I think you will find a few minor indiscretions have occurred, while juggling a tight cap space, something that all clubs would have to do. Our legal team will argue that we have managed our cap in good faith, and our intention was always to work within the NRL guidelines.

We pay a small fine, and wait for the next attack.

This will blow over, it always does. The sun will rise tomorrow, and Manly will be back on our winning ways. And the hate....? that will always be there, and when we hold the next trophy high, It will be even more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Let the haters hate.... I think you will find a few minor indiscretions have occurred, while juggling a tight cap space, something that all clubs would have to do. Our legal team will argue that we have managed our cap in good faith, and our intention was always to work withing the NRL guidelines.

We pay a small fine, and wait for the next attack.

This will blow over, it always does. The sun will rise tomorrow, and Manly will be back on our winning ways. And the hate....? that will always be there, and when we hold the next trophy high, It will be even more enjoyable.
Exactly. Parra rorted the cap by 3.2 million and within 2 weeks of the punishment being handed down they were squared away and playing for a spot in the finals. Plus the media circus had moved onto the next paper selling story.

Marko's, that is pretty funny though. I'm enjoying everyone laying in. Just means they are filthy at how successful we've been mate.

You better can Facebook also , there is some tossers on there as well.

Everyone baying for blood isn't paying attention to the actual figures. The amount that we've been over the cap, if these allegations are even proven, is arranging TPA's worth an average of $80,000 a year over 5 years.

The Roosters and Broncos would run up those kinds of rorts before breakfast, and I seriously doubt that any other club is not guilty of at least the equivalent.

Can anyone post the article about Lyall Gormans response to the cap breaches?
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/09ce4e2cf9ee44a02e3f2ddfbd0f36f1

Manly boss Lyall Gorman breaks silence over salary cap breaches
Dean Ritchie, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago

NEW Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman says the Sea Eagles won’t be rushed into responding to the breach notice issued to the club over alleged salary cap infringements.

Speaking for the first time since the NRL on Monday notified the Sea Eagles of the findings of a lengthy investigation, Gorman said the club had not had time to properly peruse documents pertaining to the potential breaches.

Gorman would not be drawn on the preliminary findings, or proposed sanctions that could include a fine between six figures and $1 million and a reduced salary cap for 2018.

“This investigation, as I understand it, took six months and we were only provided with the detailed document on (Monday afternoon),” Gorman told The Daily Telegraph.

“There is a significant amount to work through. It’s a process that can’t be rushed, a process that needs to be right to protect the best interests of all.”

The NRL said it had also issued show-cause notices to two club officials, requiring them to demonstrated why they should not be deregistered.

Gorman only began his role at the Sea Eagles last month and has to sift through the reams of documents.

485098f072056004b055cce9d88cfc10

Sea Eagles new CEO Lyall Gorman, chairman Scott Penn and coach Trent Barrett have some work to do in 2018 following the cap breaches. Picture: Adam Yip

“What we won’t do is run our response through the media,” Gorman said.

“We will respect the protocol of the game. Once we have formed a detailed response, we will submit it through the appropriate channels.

“We are trying to do that as quickly as we can but also take the time to ensure our response is an appropriate one in context to what has been provided to us.”

In a statement on Monday, NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said that, in accordance with NRL rules, the parties have been given five days to respond to the breach notices but, given the seriousness of the allegations, the NRL would consider a request for an extension of time.

Last edited:
2011, the Wests Tigers were fined $187,150 but had no points deducted after it was found that they had exceeded the salary cap by $374,300 during the 2010 season.The Gold Coast Titans ($78,900), Parramatta Eels ($45,000), Canberra Raiders ($31,650), and the St George Illawarra Dragons ($15,700) were also fined for exceeding the salary cap during the 2010 season, while the Titans were also fined for losing documents relating to the financial and contract details of a Toyota Cup player.[14]In 2012, four clubs were fined for minor breaches: Parramatta Eels ($80,350), Gold Coast Titans ($41,200), Penrith Panthers ($39,650) and the Canberra Raiders ($5,350).[15]After the 2014 season had ended, St George Illawarra Dragons were fined AU$87,000, also the Gold Coast Titans were fined AU$300,000 after an investigation into several clubs.In 2015, Parramatta were fined a total of $465,000 for breaching the salary cap in the 2014 season.[16]In 2017, Canterbury was fined $61,474 after it was found they had breached the salary cap by $81,965 during the 2016 season. Canberra were fined a total of $84,110. $16,037 of that was for breaches of the second-tier and NYC caps from the 2016 season in addition to a $68,073 fine for breaches of the 2015 nrl.

We have been done 400k in 5 years... not bad considering the other clubs yearly infringements.
Note I have not included parras 2016 infringements as they have had plenty the last 5 years.
To top it off this is founded by NRL and clubs early admission, not disgruntled ex officials which would only be worse.

If we need to shed players then Lewis Brown could be one .
The worst part out of all this is that I can’t call Storm and Eels fans salary cap cheats anymore haha
Problem with shedding Brown is finding someone that’ll take him.Manly will have to pay most of his way.When Buhrer left,Brown was the preferred option to be moved on but nobody wanted to take him,where as Buhrer was a more attractive option

NRL agrees to review third-party agreements in a bid to end salary cap rorting

THE NRL has vowed to review the third-party agreement system in an effort to rid the game of salary cap rorting once and for all.

The Rugby League Players Association revealed in a statement the governing body has agreed to review the TPA system, which it says is largely to blame for clubs breaching the salary cap.

It comes in the wake of Manly being issued a breach notice after the NRL claimed to have found potential salary cap rorting over the past five years.

Two Sea Eagles officials have also been issued show cause notices and could be deregistered as punishment.

Now the NRL could completely overhaul the third-party system that often pushes clubs over the salary cap.

“What the preliminary findings do highlight is the need to review the current third-party agreement system,” the RLPA said.

“Unfortunately, this is not the first time that salary cap breaches have been exposed which have a direct link to the negotiation and agreement of third party arrangements.

“As part of the collective bargaining agreement negotiations, the NRL and RLPA have agreed to undertake a review of the TPA system.

“While we do not have any fixed views on the system or how it could be improved, we look forward to working with the NRL and other key stakeholders to review the current arrangements.

We stress that the review is not a direct consequence of the preliminary findings in relation to the Sea Eagles. However, the findings do reinforce the need to discuss improvements to this space.”

Last week NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent delivered a mighty spray on Fox League, calling for the NRL to “throw out” third-party agreements altogether.

“Players can no longer argue they are being financially left in the lurch,” Kent said.

“It’s only the top earners anyway that get the third-party agreements, no one wants to sponsor player numbr 25 on your roster.

“It’s the top-end guys who are earning the big cash in their contracts, they’re getting third parties, the NRL needs to get the whole lot and throw them out and say that’s it, they are banned.”

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...bc681029b7914bc4796?__twitter_impression=true

I still say ppppffftttt to this notice from the NRL.

If anyone needs a reminder of its contents, I quote as follows:

"The notice concerns preliminary findings of potential breaches of the salary cap over the last five years.

Should these preliminary findings be confirmed, proposed sanctions could include a significant fine on the club"

A sh!tload of Ifs, Buts & Maybes right there if you ask me.

Problem is it's the off-season, and these so called Journo's need this drama to play out as long as it can to justify there worth.
We need some Parra boys playing up with their gangster mates, others to go on huge benders, any sort of sordid details to get the jackals off our tail.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8