Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This could all end up being a blessing in disguise. Signing Hodkinson or Carney would have been a bandaid solution at best, but if Hastings or Croker have a break out year then we'll be in great shape.
We only need a stop gap 5/8 for a year until the younger players are ready to take over

If and when names come out ( the whistle blowers ) you can then possibly make disparaging remarks but I’d suggest until this happens that speculation is a very very bad thing!

It will be extraordinarily interesting to see which 2 officials were allegedly involved making illegal payments.

I care more about that than the two alledged ex players.

Just as we look at strengthening our squad for 2018 greencarnt tries to bring us down with bullsh-t breaches. Perhaps it's a message not to go after nrl owned Newcastle's Brock lamb..or anyone else of significance..I agree with a lot of other posters that this is personal. From time it took to release their findings and to their lack of consistency in pursuing other clubs for similar breaches.. + Maloney's was a public breach..

I wonder if Greentwit will say in his speech how important it is to help Manly fix their problem because the competition needs Manly to be successful and they are very important to the NRL.
Didn't he say drivel like that over parra?
I'm predicting the difference in response will be greater than the Grand Canyon.

Remember the NRL will say they gave the club and it's officials a chance to come clean. They didn't and they found club officials apparently making payments to players.
This isn't something found in an audit.
Probably why the fine will be bigger.
Probably to highlight the pertinent point of differentiating between the level of club official "s responsibility and at what level any alleged additional payments were or may have been approved or sanctioned . Also surely any players who received any improper payments would be equally culpable or at fault and for not reporting or disclosing it . Every thing in this matter seems or appears to be obviously associated and linked to that sordid and grubby chapter with some apparent seedy businessmen connection with a few players some time ago . Fair enough that the club as a collective body must take over all responsibility for any proven and definite indiscretions or wrong doing but until some more clear and conclusive evidence and facts are established , maybe the benefit of the doubt should be accorded to at least the majority of the club"s personal and officials , past and present .

Todd carney may still be coming to manly . 400 G off our 18 cap , release another player and bang he's here . This may end up all Bull**** and we'll find out soon enough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8