Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only allegations for now. Hopefully all cleared up within 5 days. I seriously doubt Manly would be involved in numerous illegal payments.

The sooner this is put to bed the better. Is possibly affecting our pursuit of other potential signings

Not much chance with Scott Pennburg as owner.
History has a habit of repeating itself when self interested people have control.

Tweet from Neil Evans

NRL: TPA's at Manly the tip.. ?? certain personal management payments made which the players knew about to be dug out ? #SeaEagles

Gee the NRL went hard with this drawn out investigation - almost personal.
Would be highly surprised if they didn’t dig something up at EVERY club with such an intense search.
We were handicapped almost 1.5 million last season, would think they were happy with that.
The NRL has tarnished Manly in the past with failed allegations of match fixing and even a rape case....with zero apology and almost arrogantly swept it away and were more pi**ed off they were wrong, rather than acknowledging Manly had done no wrong.
That explains the intensity of this still unproven mess and why the focus of this cap stuff has been all about 1 club than 15 others.
Before the Pearce saga I posted about this potentially costing a player, but hoped it wouldn’t....well it did, along with money from many other angles that will cost sponsorships and so much more.
No sour grapes IF this is foul play by Manly, just dirty the NRL are so vengeful they put 90% into probing Manly and 10% into the other 15 teams combined.
Never thought I would lose my passion for footy, but the double standards make me sick - my interest will come back for round 1....but the game today has lost me more than ever before.

And here I was thinking we had another boring off season to struggle through.
giphy.gif

Would be highly surprised if they didn’t dig something up at EVERY club with such an intense search.
We were handicapped almost 1.5 million last season, would think they were happy with that.
The NRL has tarnished Manly in the past with failed allegations of match fixing and even a rape case....with zero apology and almost arrogantly swept it away and were more pi**ed off they were wrong, rather than acknowledging Manly had done no wrong.
That explains the intensity of this still unproven mess and why the focus of this cap stuff has been all about 1 club than 15 others.
Before the Pearce saga I posted about this potentially costing a player, but hoped it wouldn’t....well it did, along with money from many other angles that will cost sponsorships and so much more.
No sour grapes IF this is foul play by Manly, just dirty the NRL are so vengeful they put 90% into probing Manly and 10% into the other 15 teams combined.
Never thought I would lose my passion for footy, but the double standards make me sick - my interest will come back for round 1....but the game today has lost me more than ever before.
Lucky that our major Sponsor is a Law firm now :happy:

Same. Releasing this at the pivotal point in teams yearly membership drives. They’ve been sitting on this till the time when it would hurt most - kills signings and halts memberships. Todd’s agenda against Manly is just sad.

If it’s club arranged TPA’s what did they do about Maloney admitting th Panthers had to sort out one for him? Nothing. Andrew Gee? Nothing. Parra? Funny how that all got cleaned up neat and tidy to position them nicely for their new stadium. Us - we get ****ed over on every front year after year but somehow we keep going and winning. Biggest **** you we can give to the NRL.

And you can add to this us getting dragged through the mud over unproven steroids or whatever - result - nothing other damaged reputation. Cronulla - guilty - players get a one week suspension during the offseason and nothing else.

Why are we facing such a substantial fine?
A simple salary cap breach history google search shows that the normal fine is anywhere between 75% to 150% of the amount breached......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8