Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No, they will give our GF wins to Parra, that will make all Parra fans happy and return to watching the game on 9, making 9 happy, which will make the NRL happy, there you have it, Many can get farked as far as the NRL is concerned.

I know this is intended to be funny but I am genuinely concerned that you may be giving Todd ideas so please stop.

So we have $400,000 taken out of a $10 million salary cap?
Doesn't strike me as such a big deal for the 2018 squad.
And Penn gets fined up to $1 million?
Again, not such a big deal for our squad - which is all I really care about.
The $1 million penalty is fake news.
Nine were tying Manly to the Parra story and convoluted the facts.:cool:

Any monetary penalty is a small percentage of the proven breach amount.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rugby_League_salary_cap

Manly lawyers will clear up this admin error and piss off the NRL once more >:)

#NoDrugs
#NoMatchFixing
#NoPointsLoss
:angel:

Maybe a mutual one year deal with Todd Carney works?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

Handy side

The police alerted the nrl about possible illegal payments when they could not find evidence of matchficing.
So, reading between the lines I'm assuming whilst investigating they discovered large cash deposits into bank accts. When asked whether the $$$ was proceeds of crime they were probably obligated to tel police where it came from..just an assumption.

Pull your head out of the sand.You don’t think the reason Pearce didn’t come was because the NRL wouldn’t register his contract due to the cap issue?

Correct, I don't think that.

It was posted that Pearce got wind of the witchhunt result and didn't want to get caught up in it.

I think that is probably more like it.

Seems you have a problem discussing things without saying something derogatory to a poster for no reason whatsoever, ie..."Pull your head out of the sand".
Try working on that buddy.

Well one thing has been confirmed , in case we didn’t know it Greenslime has a dead set hatred for Manly and is using every trick in the book to derail us.

Release the information at 430pm on a slow news day ( NRL wise) knowing it will dominate the front pages all week.

**** you Toggy, I knew you were a ****, now I know you are a first class one!
nah, he is an economy class ****

The police alerted the nrl about possible illegal payments when they could not find evidence of matchficing.
So, reading between the lines I'm assuming whilst investigating they discovered large cash deposits into bank accts. When asked whether the $$$ was proceeds of crime they were probably obligated to tel police where it came from..just an assumption.

This is the detail I would like to see made very clear to the public. What is the evidence that links these payments to the club?

It was posted that Pearce got wind of the witchhunt result and didn't want to get caught up in it.

Seems you have a problem discussing things without saying something derogatory to a poster for no reason whatsoever, ie..."Pull your head out of the sand".

Thank you for your advice and I’ll take it on board.But here’s a tip,Pearce was signed sealed and delivered to Manly but the NRL didn’t approve of the contract due to this salary cap issue.Thank you for your time

I reckon you’ve nailed it

I see ur point , but does anyone know how much money we actually have ? Im not saying you are wrong but ive never seen anything to say how much money we have . Make me eat my hat ....
No need to eat your hat; however, we couldn't have made a competitive offer to Pearce (as mentioned by Manly) if we only had $400k. A number of reports suggesting 800-900kplus we have since released Cullen (not that he would have been on much).

Just watching the 1994 Raiders v Bears final. You know, the team that was a mile over the cap but never lost the premiership..

I will await with bated breath Greenslime announcing a police investigation into the other 15 NRL clubs so they can be subjected to the same investigative powers afforded the Police but not available to the NRL salary cap auditors. Wonder what that would turn up ?? Or are Manly the only team held to higher account here ??

If this is as bad as it gets we will be okay. Need to get our house in order though and clean out any difunctional elements. The beauty is that our current CEO, Coach or current players are not in any way connected to these alleged breaches. Other than bad publicity, our current squad will not be affected. The timing of this action by the NRL smacks of being a reaction to the very recent publicity criticising the mega stadium money splash and the neglected state of Brookvale Oval. Also timed to distract minds from the Haynes move to Parra by reducing his worth in a instance from 1.2M to 500K without testing the market place. I have never known a sporting body to turn on one it's clubs like the NRL has turned on Manly in the last 12 months. Firstly try reconciling the treatment of Watmough's medical retirement ( to get Parra back under the cap in a hurry) as against the treatment we got in respect of Stewart and Matai last year. You can't and they can't. Then look at what just happened with Hayne going to Parra for $500K. Then there's Maloney at Penrith and the problematic TPA which held up the NRL registering his contract. Then look at the spending of the Rorters, Penrith & Cronulla and wonder in amazement how they can with their current squads be under the cap. What is going on?

If we need to shed players then Lewis Brown could be one .
The worst part out of all this is that I can’t call Storm and Eels fans salary cap cheats anymore haha
Of course you can every team breaches the cap at some point we didn't do it like they did.. most clubs breach due to injurys storm incident was nothing like this.. i dont recall a team of rep players do u?
This actually makes the NRL look bad if you think about it . The initial allegations / findings came out of a police strike force investigation into match fixing . The NRL can’t tell their head from their arse.
The NRL has no idea . Can only imagine all the other clubs who are doing this laughing at Greenberg and his cronies right now . Please howl me down or correct me if I stated anything wrong in this post .
I completely agree imagine if they actually looked into the Broncos Roosters storm Cronulla Penrith Para all these NRL teams that just buy wherever they want

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8