Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there needs to be a wider investigation about the flawed salary cap third party payments and how some clubs for years have got away with this. It is annoying that our club gets besmirched while there are also other clubs who allegedly are also under investigation. I do hope that the owners of the club fight for the clubs reputation and if this is a red herring put together a lawsuit that will make journalists like this think twice about what they are writing, alternatively, if there is proven evidence of criminal activity at our or any other club, the NRL needs to get its act together and not give out wet lettuces lashings as punishment like they did to the whingers last year.

Even Donald thinks this is a load of ****.

images-7.jpg

Manly named but the only evidence is

"One police witness, a businessman, has told investigators he made undisclosed cash payments to help a small number of clubs retain valuable players. Manly was not one of these clubs."

Could be some legals coming if we are clean

Hmmmm, Melbourne must be worried, they "maybe" get one of their scumbag cronies to suggest we have broken the salary cap so they don't have to face us in the Finals. Based on who has the most to loose, I would hate that they would be THAT bitter!

A payment in the car park for payment of $4,500 for a previous player? Seriously! With the amount of access the NRL has, there is no way this could happen. I have said continually that all 3rd party arrangements should be registered with the NRL with a club cap, no exceptions, that makes the competition fair? But their again I'm just a previous sponsor and a lover of Manly Football, but who give a rats!

I hope they find this person and drag him through the courts and bury him. I take pride in the fact 1) we have never and only club that has won the wooden spoon, and 2) the only NRL team not to cheat the salary cap. If it's true I will be devastated.

we have been done for breaching the salary cap, the last club to cop a fine for is, circa 15K from memory about 5 years ago.

Nuralda: no evidence of match fixing, but a few dodgy claims came up during the investigation. Let's release these to a journo at the same time as the statement on the match fixing. It will make it seem as though we weren't wasting our time over the last 12 months.

If you're going to intentionally breach the salary cap, and your way of doing it is to pay blokes cash in a car park, then you're not going to last long.

This whole thing is laughable.

you think?

I heard of that happening 15 years ago from the son of a club board member, that team has never been accused of it.

funny how this all turns up after unfavorable reporting against Qld for not picking DCE for SOO. Aren't the Broncos/QLD own by news limited...and Manly are the only club named

From Wikipedia ......
Brisbane Broncos (69%). Website, www.newscorpaustralia.com. News Corp Australia (formerly News Limited) is one of Australia's largest media companies, ... Since then, News Limited had been whollyowned by News Corporation. .... remaining shares of Brisbane's Queensland Newspapers (owner of The Courier-Mail),

Something that felt off to me about this

When i went to read tomorrow's Sydney paper (today's DT) last night there was our logo and a claim of explosive news, hours later the logo changed to the NRL logo, i can't remember a time I've seen something like that before where the logo inexplicably changed so fast

funny how this all turns up after unfavorable reporting against Qld for not picking DCE for SOO. Aren't the Broncos/QLD own by news limited...and Manly are the only club named
Umm...the story surfaced in a Fairfax paper. Nothing to do with News Ltd.

Something that felt off to me about this

When i went to read tomorrow's Sydney paper (today's DT) last night there was our logo and a claim of explosive news, hours later the logo changed to the NRL logo, i can't remember a time I've seen something like that before where the logo inexplicably changed so fast

Especially concerning if you were reading the print version!!

If only it was just your regular journo.Who do you think broke the news of Dogs,Storm and Eels cap scandals?She knows what she's doing
She's sniffing, that's all. She wants it all to come to pass but is struggling to find any evidence even closely relates to the club, relying on hearsay and allegations to frame a story.
If she had something solid, we'd be talking about how screwed we are right now, not debating the merits of the story.
We've danced to this song before, including recently with the (still open) investigation into match fixing; another matter based on innuendo and suspicion but bugger all evidence to back up the Manly-bash.

Intelligence of "a cash payment" made in a carpark. That is no where near evidence. Its heresay at best.

Singular so not systemic. Even if true no one can prove what cash changed hands for.

Was this the same carpark gizelle sold his peptides from, where our team systematically took drugs from, fixed matches from, parked cars in illegally, jaywalked to and from, littered in, urinated in. Is the carpark a euphemism for the lurkers field of dreams or danny wiedlers ****ter.

Next
I believe the cash swap was related to a settlement following a court case, with the mayor helping a mate by offering to move the cash from the carpark to the plaintiffs bank account.

No developers were harmed in the drafting of this post.

Reads to me like a recent episode of Janet King where the major sponsor admits to the crime commission that he paid a star player for the Northern Devils cash outside of the salary cap

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8