Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
TPA's are a blight on the game. The NRL should take responsibility for what a disaster they are as they introduced them to keep players leaving the game for other codes for more money.

All they do is allow the Broncos, with massive multinational backing to offer guaranteed money outside of the cap and accumulate a team that has 8 Origin players and 3 or four Kiwi internationals in the same team.

Manly's TPA's fall over because they are offered by the local Fish and Chip shop who reneg on them part way through because they can't afford to pay.

Hey hey, we must be in the top 4..

Most telling paragraph of the news article:
An NRL spokesman said league officials were "in regular dialogue with police on matters relating to the game".

"At this stage, we are not in possession of evidence of salary cap violations which would warrant any disciplinary action," the spokesman said.

I'm posting this again as it took me ages to create it to convince the 'inside unverifiable source' to tell me about it.

nudge nudge wink wink

PtM4etB.png

New statement from the Club

Sea Eagles Statement
Here is a Statement from the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

“The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles confirmed today that there are NO allegations in relation to any irregularities with regard to the Club’s salary cap. The Club prides itself on strong governance and the highest level of integrity and compliance regarding the salary cap.

The Club is pleased to see reports that no allegations have been proven in relation to the 12 month match fixing investigation. The Club is proud of their record of success and took immediate action by bringing in Ray Murrihy as an integrity consultant as soon as the allegations were made. Ray wrote an extensive report which cleared the Club of any governance issues.

The Club has zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and if any charges or substantive claims are made we will tackle them head on and cooperate fully with the authorities as we have always done.

The Club would like to recognise the overwhelming support received from our stakeholders, corporate partners, members and fans in relation to the unjustified innuendo of the past 12 months and we will continue to represent them with the utmost pride, focusing on our best practice values, behaviours and performance, both on and off the field.”

New statement from the Club

Sea Eagles Statement
Here is a Statement from the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

“The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles confirmed today that there are NO allegations in relation to any irregularities with regard to the Club’s salary cap. The Club prides itself on strong governance and the highest level of integrity and compliance regarding the salary cap.

The Club is pleased to see reports that no allegations have been proven in relation to the 12 month match fixing investigation. The Club is proud of their record of success and took immediate action by bringing in Ray Murrihy as an integrity consultant as soon as the allegations were made. Ray wrote an extensive report which cleared the Club of any governance issues.

The Club has zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and if any charges or substantive claims are made we will tackle them head on and cooperate fully with the authorities as we have always done.

The Club would like to recognise the overwhelming support received from our stakeholders, corporate partners, members and fans in relation to the unjustified innuendo of the past 12 months and we will continue to represent them with the utmost pride, focusing on our best practice values, behaviours and performance, both on and off the field.”

Get that up ya, ya sausage roll eating tool bag journos!

I bet this statement hasn't appeared in a prominent position on all the mainstream papers websites that were only to happy to subtly libel us! It probably hasn't appeared at all and I bet the disgusting and cowardly journos won't highlight it either.

Guess what: Manly doesn't hate you....Manly find you simply irrelevant!

2518647713b403df96f2526f246b75e0b102ee5f7415213a9e6721d7e0d30568.jpg

Its also good how the Leader of the NRL comes out in support of his clubs. Never do you see or hear from the bludger on any of this.
Why couldn't he make comment like this also, backing up what Scott Penn has said and generally defend the NRL Clubs.
Weak as p1ss Greenturd once again. But I guess we are all use to that.

Fox is the single counterpoint to all other media being leftist propaganda outlets. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, BBC, Fairfax, NY Times, etc etc - all left wing. Thats the problem with the left - great advocates for diversity as long as everyone agrees with their view.
Terry can we just make a statement once and for all and stop polluting so many threads with your political beliefs. Many have them but I think a footy forum could mainly be for footy?
How's this?
The person who posts as Terry Randall on Silvertails:
Hates the left wing
Loves Fox News
And would vote for Trump given any and every opportunity.
Goodo.
Can we leave it at that?

Terry can we just make a statement once and for all and stop polluting so many threads with your political beliefs. Many have them but I think a footy forum could mainly be for footy?
How's this?
The person who posts as Terry Randall on Silvertails:
Hates the left wing
Loves Fox News
And would vote for Trump given any and every opportunity.
Goodo.
Can we leave it at that?

Ok got it. Move on.

Fox is the single counterpoint to all other media being leftist propaganda outlets. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, BBC, Fairfax, NY Times, etc etc - all left wing. Thats the problem with the left - great advocates for diversity as long as everyone agrees with their view.

Fox News has recently begun its journey to the left, don't worry about that.

In the article by BRENT READ from the Australian Scott Penn does state “The money is not there. We do not have a leagues club that is supporting the Sea Eagles’ finances”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...g/news-story/5aee17b12cb967231bf3be530482a45f

Changing the subject from all the drama and I will declare I’m not for either camp be it Penn, Delmege or the leagues club, however, I am ever so grateful that they came to our rescue and it’s what prompted me to become a football club member rather than just a leagues club member.

Which begs the question. And I hope someone who is far more versed in the ongoing of what has happened in the past. It’s much more important to have a successful leagues club behind the team and to also have a place for us simple fans to congregate before and after a game.

What would it take for all warring parties to let bygones be bygones and come together for the better interest of the clubs financial stability and survival? Surely this has to be a priority for Scott Penn to have a functioning front office and respect the great history of the past.

Yes, this is a little naive by me but surely someone please stand up, hand outstretched and let’s all get back on the same wagon without animosity and maybe these chit stories will stop breaking.

In the article by BRENT READ from the Australian Scott Penn does state “The money is not there. We do not have a leagues club that is supporting the Sea Eagles’ finances”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...g/news-story/5aee17b12cb967231bf3be530482a45f

Changing the subject from all the drama and I will declare I’m not for either camp be it Penn, Delmege or the leagues club, however, I am ever so grateful that they came to our rescue and it’s what prompted me to become a football club member rather than just a leagues club member.

Which begs the question. And I hope someone who is far more versed in the ongoing of what has happened in the past. It’s much more important to have a successful leagues club behind the team and to also have a place for us simple fans to congregate before and after a game.

What would it take for all warring parties to let bygones be bygones and come together for the better interest of the clubs financial stability and survival? Surely this has to be a priority for Scott Penn to have a functioning front office and respect the great history of the past.

Yes, this is a little naive by me but surely someone please stand up, hand outstretched and let’s all get back on the same wagon without animosity and maybe these chit stories will stop breaking.

All I know is a subscription to The Australian probably won't fix anything.

sure, or we could just make a blanket statement like:
The left can't abide anyone having an opinion that differs from their own, and will shout down anyone who expresses that opinion at every opportunity.
Hows that budgewoi? If we can agree on that, lets move on. Go Manly.
You're pushing it now Terry, won't be long before the 'magic' words start coming out.

FTR, This entire thread has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with a corrupt 'ethics and diversity free' left wing media, pushing click bait to generate revenue.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8