Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If you are going to do dodgy under the table payments then I would have thought cash from 3rd parties would be the perfect way of achieving it. Almost impossible to trace if you don't get greedy. Disgruntled participants are only likely weak link and then they would have had to put some forethought into evidence gathering.

I find it hard to believe a well run club with a stable board, respected CEO in for the long term, engaged and motivated front office and happy playing group would be involved in such behaviour. Look at how well we managed our key sponsors during this time.

After some ordinary seasons all was quiet out at Manly....hardly a mention in the news....

Then in 2017 - the on field success got to much for some....

Then .... 1 boring news day, when the biggest story was a goat giving birth at Toronga Park zoo - they needed a story.....

So some desperate journo's stuck their heads together at a pub in Martin Place and came up with the old - 'Salary cap scandal'......
"There's an issue with that" said 1 genius journo to the next....
Journo 1 -"Even though it's old news and will make us some headlines, there are about 8 clubs or more - How do we make this a BIG story?"
"Easy" says genius journo number 2 - "Is Manly amongst that group?"
Journo 1 - "yes...well ummm there's NO evidence or anything"
Journo 2 - " That's the best part, we don't need it, Guilty till proven innocent....if this story broke in 2016, we would have chosen another victim - but look at Manly go in 2017......Lets try derail them.....the team is winning on the field, so our best bet is to create some off field drama, plus....we get a headline story"
After the 8th beer.....
Journo 1 - "But ppl are not that stupid, they will see this as unproven BS and it will make us look like we are writing fiction about unproven old stories...."

The next day Journo 2 winked at journo 1 - "Told you it would be easy - no facts - no evidence, but we got the media into a frenzy - your shout this arvo"

Pretty sure the mole should have had this news two days ago, if he was doing what he does 'best'.

I find it hard to believe a well run club with a stable board, respected CEO in for the long term, engaged and motivated front office and happy playing group would be involved in such behaviour. Look at how well we managed our key sponsors during this time.
Exactly, they obviously confused us with another club. Maybe the Knights?

So the real story is "Disgruntled Employees Unhappy with Former Employer Who They're Disgruntled With"

Also maybe they punted Myles and didn't sign anyone because Walkers TPA fell through so they decided to pay him themselves, counting it against the cap this year. Is that possible?

I dunno - to me, why would the NRL on the eve of an origin decider want this story getting out? They need to be saved from themselves...

Probably a good example of the blatant and distorted anti - Manly reporting last night in N R L 360 with Paul Kent giving a factual and informed explanation of the relevant issues which basically exonerated Manly. Then with Paul Crowley in response changing the subject to salary cap matters in general and to give the impression that there could still be some implications for Manly but with offering no substantiated details . Also interesting on local radio this morning ,with my region having predominate cowboy and Bronco followers ,and with one of the announcers and a southern sports reporter both conceding that there is some obvious and unwarranted anti - Manly bashing occurring at the present time . It is a pity that there are not similar accurate opinions expressed more regularly in some other media and reporting outlets.

we have been done for breaching the salary cap, the last club to cop a fine for is, circa 15K from memory about 5 years ago.

Talking NRL, that fine was because we had a number of graded contracted players who wages put us over salary cap when their wages were added to the two other competitions caps when they got promoted. If I'm remembering right I think 6 clubs received the min fine including ourselves.

So it would seem the information the journalist's have access too is that there are several players in the current squad (I'm including Myles) who believe they are 'owed' 3rd party payments. Including our long gone and fine, upstanding citizen Foz.

It's then a huge leap of faith on behalf of the journo's too 'assume' if player 'X' says they are owed 3rd party monies, then they must have been told they were guaranteed; which we all know is not allowed under the current salary cap rules. Therefore, Manly must be cheating the salary cap.

Quick write a story!

This then leaves out the other portion of the media who it would seem had no clue there was anything remotely awry (until they read the SMH themselves at 4pm yesterday). These fine folk, a little late to the party are sticking to the story that players now gone from the club were paid 'in brown paper bags' ala a Parramatta type situation, whilst hustling in the background, getting up to speed with what is even going on here. I mean, what else can you come up with at a moments notice.

Then there's the ones who are still stuck on the match fixing, player tip off arrangements.

I just wish they could get their stories straight. I'm not saying we are innocent, I'm saying we are guilty. But if we are, we must be the most corrupt club to ever grace the NRL judging by what I'm reading.

1. The Mole‏ @9_Moley 2h2 hours ago
  2. This is where the losers of the power struggle at @SeaEagles get their revenge
We can also reveal its Integrity Unit has already been speaking to at least three former staff members about sponsorship arrangements at the club.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/a/36275...ap-allegations-nate-myles-dylan-walker/#page1

such a strange story, read that article and our biggest crime in there is not paying, bit different from the over paying allegations on the other side

Two things...

(1) without evidence, why does this "news" get brandished around to upset innocent supporters, players and fans of the game?

(2) it sounds like a typical "ex get's revenge" tattle tale sage that will lead to a dead end because of a little thing called "evidence".

After hearing all this, I wonder if this was the reason why Cleary resigned after only being in the job for a short while.
Safer bet is the relationship breakdown with Fulton when Cleary realised he wouldn't have complete control.

Two things...

(1) without evidence, why does this "news" get brandished around to upset innocent supporters, players and fans of the game?

(2) it sounds like a typical "ex get's revenge" tattle tale sage that will lead to a dead end because of a little thing called "evidence".

With the media these days the allegation IS the story, as we saw when we were shown not to be match fixing there was virtually no reporting of it, just a tag line at the end of a sentence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8