Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And still NO OTHER MEDIA OUTLET has mentioned who the "other clubs" are. what a farkin witch hunt
Witch hunt is the perfect thing to relate this to, absolutely no evidence whatsoever, just a few accusations from some ****s

If you're going to take anything out of the article, take this.

"It is understood police are yet to share detailed information with the NRL, although league investigators have been separately assessing salary cap issues across multiple clubs, players and player managers since last year. Police may be unable to share information if it is gained during confidential coercive examinations, which can not be released to non-police organisations such as the NRL. It means the NRL may never have access to information held by police, but will have to run its own inquiry. Several players and league figures have privately revealed that they have been the subject of coercive examinations."

So glad our club has again been dragged into something with very little substantiated information.

Last edited:
Semi Finals approaching, time to cue the inevitable Manly players - Cheating/Doping/Betting/Misbehaving "scandal" for 2017.
Hopefully it dies a natural death and doesn't lead to anything substantial.

Meh.... I'll adopt a wait and see approach...

On the plus side, we tend to be more successful when this sort of crap occurs.... and the thing that jumps out at me is that it's the usual ambiguous rubbish they come up with... it tells me that we are a force again and they are concerned about us :)

What happened to the match fixing claims that foran was apparently apart of? seems like more bull squirt to throw us off our game.
fake news people ad the Donald would say

What happened to the match fixing claims that foran was apparently apart of? seems like more bull squirt to throw us off our game.
Mentioned in the article as nothing eventuating from them, I.e. It was rubbish, hence why manly kept asking for evidence and no one could supply any.

Papers sell in different ways these days, no longer is it a sport, it's a gossip target

Complete rubbish and manly should call in the lawyers
Remembering the 'match fixing scandal' and seeing the clubs emblem over the front page with their stupid, and I thought liable headlines, I would have thought the club would have sued them then.
I certainly hope it's still on the agenda because I'm sure there's more defamatory headlines on the way.

Think we may need to consider the NRL's attitude towards Snake's & Matai's NRL non acceptance of medical retirement; the fact that all the six Manly players "supposably " involved with the betting "scandal" are no longer with the club, nor given a farewell from the club, begs the question on whether we have managed their exit from NRL? Obviously a very tickly topic, and agreed there is no actual evidence they match fixed and not suggesting so, but some did have a bit of a gambling problem. As Dan says, you do need to be careful on what one should share on this site, I have been to a couple of those players "poker nights" that were club sanctioned. Could also add further factual events provided by other clubs as well via other sponsorship deals that most likely would be worse than that I experienced at Manly. Most of them in "real life" would be considered funny as, but for a reporter they would be treated as sensational news. I share them often over a beer with mates.
Des, I would suggest you need to clean your Manly glasses, they are footballers, they are young guys with money and plenty of time and yes they will make juvenile mistakes, further that most of us mortals will do every weekend. Yes, getting drunk, bashing someone, taking drugs and domestic violence is against the law and Yes they should suffer what all of us would have to do in the face of the law, as that is not acceptable.

Happy to take all the negs on this... but it happens in every club. And Des, yes Donald claims everything is fake news, but is it?

If you're going to intentionally breach the salary cap, and your way of doing it is to pay blokes cash in a car park, then you're not going to last long.

This whole thing is laughable.

Last edited:
  • 😆
Reactions: Dan
So it looks like Manly were cleared of any wrongdoing from the betting scandal investigation that battered the clubs image. Great, surely that couldn't happen again...Or could it.

"Police suspect Manly may have breached salary cap rules involving at least one player, a development that has sparked another major investigation by the NRL’s integrity unit.

However, police are set to clear anyone of being involved in organised match fixing from the original Strike Force Nuralda investigation involving three Manly Sea Eagles matches in the 2015-16 seasons".

Generally, in all of these previous salary cap scandals, the CEO has been up to their eyeballs in it.

Seeing as we've had 673 CEOs in the past 5 years, unless they are all keeping the same secret like US Presidents do (that Roswell actually happened) then I just don't see it (unless they are all under alien control................)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8