Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
She's like Martin Blank in the movie Grosse Pointe Blank where he says"if I show up at your door,chances are you did something to bring me there
You should have wrote "She was like" she is nowhere near the journo she once was, SMH is also struggling to find a buyer so this will help circulation. Its a beat up and will fizzle.

Sounds like some disgruntled ex Manly staff members have been providing the cops with inside info

I wonder if it is Tim Cleary or Jason King's mother?

The Daily Telegraph understands several whistleblowers have provided evidence to the NRL’s integrity unit about front office issues at Manly.
  1. The Mole‏ @9_Moley 2h2 hours ago
    This is where the losers of the power struggle at @SeaEagles get their revenge..

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/3f523adeebe3c0ff651ad4e7ec8489c6

Exactly how the dogs and storm were caught

Last edited:
From reading this thread I can gather:

1) we are not guilty of match fixing.
2) the NRL isn't in possession of anything relating Manly to salary cap breaches
3) an ex player may have been given a $4.5k cash payment in a car park?
4) the police may have evidence of salary cap breaches - but they may or may not be able to pass onto the NRL due to legal reasons.

Am I missing something?
How would the police know what constitutes salary cap breach ?, unless they can prove that it was a club official that handed over bags of cash in an official capacity, then they're just pi$$ing the wind.
It may have been a sponsor, but then again that in itself is not illegal as it could have been a third party arrangement approved by the NRL, the only problem being the cash payment which becomes a taxation matter

Remembering the 'match fixing scandal' and seeing the clubs emblem over the front page with their stupid, and I thought liable headlines, I would have thought the club would have sued them then.
I certainly hope it's still on the agenda because I'm sure there's more defamatory headlines on the way.
Now that that has been put to bed it may just happen. The difference the was the NrL stated they were following the enquiries. Now the nrl said they know nothing of it which kind of flies in the face of statements that there is an nrl
Investigation

Looks like this is McClymont's way of trying to regain credibility and lend credence to the original match fixing article that has been today proven as completely wrong. Its no co-incidence that the police are today saying there is no match fixing issues and this comes out. By writing this garbage they are attempting to bury the real story that they got it wrong. The other motive behind writing this garbage is the faint hope that we are actually doing something wrong and we will back off a potential libel case against her for fear it would bring too much heat. She could be in some trouble though because I just don't see how after 6 disgruntled CEO's and more than 20 other disgruntled office employee's that were all at logger heads whilst they were in the organisation, they would have had this happen a hell of a lot sooner had it actually been happening. I think this was an attempt to sell a few papers and cover their arses. Smoke and Mirrors im thinking.

Is it just a coincidence that this story breaks the day that the Eels ex CEO admits in court that he was forced by board members to approve cash payments outside the cap to players? Instead of questions around who forced him to make the payments or which players and managers accepted the illegal payments and were the payments declared for tax purposes they come up with a story around a rumour about a possible illegal payment years ago to an unnamed ex Manly player.

Storm never had any problems with the cap either,until they were caught.
Except that they were fined for breaching the cap for many years in a row and CEO Brian Waldron was under massive pressure from News Limited to make sure it didn't happen again. When the pressure was mounting from players who had only extended their contracts thanks to TPAs from "TBC" and TBC had not yet been found, Waldron was forced to get a bit more creative to make sure they weren't fined again. Once they got going they couldn't help themselves and it just increased year after year until they got busted.

Is it just a coincidence that this story breaks the day that the Eels ex CEO admits in court that he was forced by board members to approve cash payments outside the cap to players? Instead of questions around who forced him to make the payments or which players and managers accepted the illegal payments and were the payments declared for tax purposes they come up with a story around a rumour about a possible illegal payment years ago to an unnamed ex Manly player.
Yeah, must be a coincidence.

Its no co-incidence that the police are today saying there is no match fixing issues and this comes out. By writing this garbage they are attempting to bury the real story that they got it wrong
Hmm, two coincidences at the same time, now that would be a big coincidence!

Just discovered from an 'inside unverifiable source' the media and nrl's flowchart for dealing with manly! There needs to be an investigation!!!

c4zmEIO.png

At least now all the new players can get the taste of the 'Everyone hates Manly' that they may not have had as yet.

I suspect instead of the nrl or police apologising for the match fixing allegation scandal which found no evidence they have covered the back page with a new fake scandal.
Hopefully there is a large defamation coming there way.
Go manly

WTF
"The NRL integrity unit will investigate allegations raised today relating to the Manly Sea Eagles.

A spokesman stressed that, at this stage, the NRL is not in possession of evidence of any violations which would warrant any disciplinary action.

"However, we are in constant dialogue with the police and will take action if it is warranted,” the spokesman said."
So they've got no evidence but they're going to investigate it. I allege the NRL integrity unit is run by a bunch brain dead morons and I tender their above statement as evidence. Investigate that.

From reading this thread I can gather:

1) we are not guilty of match fixing.
2) the NRL isn't in possession of anything relating Manly to salary cap breaches
3) an ex player may have been given a $4.5k cash payment in a car park?
4) the police may have evidence of salary cap breaches - but they may or may not be able to pass onto the NRL due to legal reasons.

Am I missing something?
5) 8 other un named Clubs may be in Salary Cap breaches
6) smh and Massoud have short memories and deep pockets

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10