Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look guys. The NRL would be insane to relocate Manly. That would leave a League desert between the Bridge and Newcastle where close to a million people live and League is the main football sport supported (RU does have a strong support base though). It would be the beginning of the end of League in NSW. But then again we do have Greenberg and his lot in charge. Silly me for thinking that they could think logically.

So what is Greenberg trying to imply now , that an N R L can not occasionally offer or propose a 3 rd party deal as an inducement to attract players and when this must be standard practice for some time now and even if the players may be in some demand with other clubs with similar deal offers . Also including or no doubt indulging in a similar practice in his own tenure at the dogs and even if they do not eventuate for some reason . Just seems to be making it up as he is going along .

I'm unclear about this issue.

What is it that they are saying? That you cant take on a player through a package deal which includes the clubs contribution and a TPA? Hang on. How the heck are TPAs included then when a player accepts a deal with a new club. Are they suggesting that the club offer a contract and a TPA company/person just coincidentally offers the TPA at the same time. Are they suggesting that only deals regarding TPAs can be made with the player's manager. But how would a TP agent they know the offer exists and how would the TP agent know that a certain club is offering a deal.

Come on. If that's what its about Greenberg is out of his tree. Of course every club has TPA companies/people ready to step in a pay the extras and of course they have been canvassed by the club. And of course they come as a package deal. I may have this wrong but if this is what its about Greenberg is going to look really foolish if this is exposed.

Look guys. The NRL would be insane to relocate Manly. That would leave a League desert between the Bridge and Newcastle where close to a million people live and League is the main football sport supported (RU does have a strong support base though). It would be the beginning of the end of League in NSW. But then again we do have Greenberg and his lot in charge. Silly me for thinking that they could think logically.

No they’d bring back the Bears at Gosford Stadium!!

I am sure that any future Perth club franchise would want their own identity , same with another or any future 2 n d Brisbane or S E Queensland team . Discarding the Northern Eagles may have been initially difficult for Manly but they have done O K since and all things normal will always continue to do so on the Northern Beaches . Also all things normal , Greenberg 's and elements of the N R L personal grudge against the club now will just be a passing phase .

I think all this talk about being relocated is a little paranoid tbh

Its in the Sea Eagle blood. It comes from dealing with the NRL admin since the SuperLeague war. As they say just because you're paranoid that they are out to get you doesnt mean that...well you know the rest.

We won't get relocated, probably end up with a fine over a minor misdemeanour. They've got **** all imo.

We won't get relocated, probably end up with a fine over a minor misdemeanour. They've got **** all imo.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the current salary cap investigation will result in the relocation or demise of Manly. It's the constant and seemingly systematic attempts by the NRL (and associated media) to damage the club's brand, disadvantage of chances of winning and destabilize the club in general that implies something more sinister is going on. In my opinion either the NRL has a long term plan which Manly does not fit into or they have determined that as the club that everyone hates and with a low number of members we make the perfect scapegoat to deflect attention away from bigger issues.
Yes I'm a die hard Manly fan and negative press probably seems to occur for Manly more than other teams as a result but I think this bias occurs for a couple of other teams as well as Manly as well as the favoritism that exists for clubs with significant problems over the past 10 years (Storm, Eels, Broncos).

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the current salary cap investigation will result in the relocation or demise of Manly. It's the constant and seemingly systematic attempts by the NRL (and associated media) to damage the club's brand, disadvantage of chances of winning and destabilize the club in general that implies something more sinister is going on. In my opinion either the NRL has a long term plan which Manly does not fit into or they have determined that as the club that everyone hates and with a low number of members we make the perfect scapegoat to deflect attention away from bigger issues.
Yes I'm a die hard Manly fan and negative press probably seems to occur for Manly more than other teams as a result but I think this bias occurs for a couple of other teams as well as Manly as well as the favoritism that exists for clubs with significant problems over the past 10 years (Storm, Eels, Broncos).

Exactly, more eloquently put than I did.

Any relocation would come only with major changes to the number of teams.

Remember it’s ALL about the TV product , timings for live games and keeping the broadcasters who tip in 1.5 billion happy and NOTHING to do with keeping fans happy.

Yes I may be paranoid but we’ve been dealt a **** sandwich since the Super League war and with everything that’s going on AND Brookvale Oval you can smell it in the air!!

And PS: we don’t rate on TV so therefore are highly expendable!!

There have been issues further in the past I am sure,but a lot of the vindictiveness(currently) from the NRL to us seems to have stemmed from when we stood up to them over the appointment of John Hopoate as our SG Ball coach.We ended up backing down I think,but from my memory it seems to have roughly started from that point...Interesting to see Jamil following Lodges route and playing this year with Redcliffe,I expect Jamil will be cleared by the NRL for 2019 and be part of the Broncos squad....ain't it funny?If he was still with us I doubt he would be cleared...

Exactly, more eloquently put than I did.

Any relocation would come only with major changes to the number of teams.

Remember it’s ALL about the TV product , timings for live games and keeping the broadcasters who tip in 1.5 billion happy and NOTHING to do with keeping fans happy.

Yes I may be paranoid but we’ve been dealt a **** sandwich since the Super League war and with everything that’s going on AND Brookvale Oval you can smell it in the air!!

And PS: we don’t rate on TV so therefore are highly expendable!!

Mark, have a Bex and a good lie down. You'll feel better. :)

That's been going on forever, that's part and parcel of being a Manly supporter. "NO ONE LIKE US, BUT WE DON'T CARE"
You're either a Manly supporter or not and I don't think there's too many people that call us their second favorite team either.

Greensprog is saying that a club cannot promise TPA's as part of a package. Even if they aren't acted on or followed through with. Sounds like this is what we are being pinged for.

Didn't the dogs do exactly that when they were chasing Fatfita, offered him $850k and when everyone jumped up and down about how that would fit under the cap they said half of it was TPAs

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6