Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do they still make them?

But don’t worry us old farts have daily lie downs ( makes up for having to get up twice a night for a pee).

Only twice? Lucky bugger.

It'd be 'funny' if todd eventually hands down a fine then Manly pursue the line of "well you only got this from the cops and they weren't allowed to give it to you...so inadmissible your honour!"

free to go!

But again, full credit to Trent and especially DCE for keeping the dramas away from the playing performances.

James Hooper just said on triple m that the punishment will be handed down this week and it would be a fine between $500k and $1m and that whatever amount it was would be included on this year's cap. From a source at the Nrl by the sounds.

What a farce , it will be $800k so we can't buy anyone else.

And looks like the Penster wasted his legal fees.

Meanwhile,over at the Roosters, ?????

Toddy needs to fine us as there's no money left in the nrl. If he finds us 500k then he can spruik "Hey we have 500k in the bank, no worries, nothing to see here!"

Until the Penns fight it of course.

500k to 1mill for a supposed 80k breach that was signed off on...lol.

Manly should sue the nrl for giving bad advice and approvals!

But, nothing has happened yet!

Think it was $80k over 5yrs or so. So approx $400k total.

Does beg the question though why Penn bothered mounting a defence, getting 3 extensions when we all knew this would be the outcome. Greenflog is a law unto himself.

Really, all this time I thought it was 80k total over 5 years (oops)

@HappilyManly

Look guys. The NRL would be insane to relocate Manly. That would leave a League desert between the Bridge and Newcastle where close to a million people live and League is the main football sport supported (RU does have a strong support base though). It would be the beginning of the end of League in NSW. But then again we do have Greenberg and his lot in charge. Silly me for thinking that they could think logically.
Not that I believe Manly will be relocated, but the whole north shore will become Rooster country, all the way upto and including Gosford.

Toggy was never ever going to lose.

If you look back earlier in this thread I make comments such as " we may as well just take the penalty and move on", maybe I was right after all.

The delay in the response is purely " we need to save face here so how can we do this to make that happen".

Last edited:
That' how I always understood it. Small TPA's ($80k) but over a few years...think it was the car dealership ones. Coupled with the grandma TPA's for Foz.
All in the past which means we are compliant now but nonetheless, the NRL want to punish us.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

#nextweek

Apparently!

The good thing is that there will be no competition points deducted and we can still play for points as our 2018 squad is under the cap.

It could be a lot worse and TBH with Greenturd I was expecting worse.

I wish we had enough people power to boycott all NRL sponsor products and services and let it be known, when the punishment is handed down. Turn off Telstra products etc. Unfortunately people don't get behind causes like that?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4