Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Don't think this is entirely correct from what I have read.... Whether it's true or not I don't know....can't remember the exact source or potentially a culmination of a few but it went something like this:

Apparently there is instances where TPA's have been promised to players, with evidence... promised being the key word as it implies the club was using it as leverage to keep or sign the player. Clubs aren't supposed to have anything to do with TPA's but a meet and greet. That's all. But by the sounds, someone has gone a step further and told the players what they will receive.

The NRL has stated that the act of promising a player a TPA is as good as being involved in one as it lures the player to stay at the club when it should have nothing to do with the club.... So although it is a TPA, the club has apparently used it as part of the package (or at least referred to it as part of their package) and the NRL sees this as a breach.

So yes the Brookie granny or other car dealerships may have been completely above board and legitimate but if there is evidence of the club making reference to it as part of the players package or evidence they have told players they will receive a TPA from the granny or dealership... Problem.

This is what I read the NRL will try to use as breaches of the salary cap and some they want included in the 2018 cap.
We won't know till the NRL makes it final.

But Maloney's Riff TPA public comment should be a counter point to your scenario :p

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
That's nothing....
What about the board member who employs his own company to be involved in the clubs "breach" auditing. It's in his best interests to drag on as long as possible and find the slightest of indiscretions to warrant his company being there.
That is the biggest form of conflict of interest I have heard of in the game of Rugby League yet the NRL come out and defend it...

They are a law unto themselves. Scary. And the $2billion rectangular stadium man is at the helm... really really scary.
Which club’s board member? More clarity please Bob, in an otherwise fine post.

Happy Invasion Day, Woodsie.

That's a funny topic at the moment ... it has been pointed out by academics that IF it was an invasion, then the United Nations convention that rules, that any people(s) that were invaded or conquered prior to WW1 and who enjoy the same rights as the invaders, are not subject to or entitled to Land Rights. If we rule it was an invasion, Mabo could (and probably would) be challenged.

In the interests of my indigenous mates I am going to drop off the "invasion" wagon.

Not really because it wasn't ever a done TPA deal. NRL found out about it, refused to register it, Panthers release Latu and they count that amount on their cap.

Our has already happened. Maloney's never actually did.

Does it warrant investigation to see if they've done similar before? Sure. But we know how important a successful western Sydney is to the Nrl.

If I'm reading this right then the Penrith 'offer' is enough to be a breach even if it fell through.

If I'm reading this right then the Penrith 'offer' is enough to be a breach even if it fell through.
More importantly, Maloney was expecting a transfer of the existing Moylan Keno deal. @:mad:

Manly has been the whipping boy of the NRL since their private ownership came into effect :cool:

Greenturd has been free to clear this mess up since the end of the RLWC @:cool:

Not really because it never actually happened. The NRL made the 'offer' void because the deal never happened.

The difference with us being the 'offer' was made and delivered.

I'm with you, it's crooked as they come but I'm just reading between the lines about how the NRL is able to manipulate situations to get a calculated outcome.

Do the Panthers deserve to be investigated? 100%. Will they be? No. Because of the reasons I told you above.

Time will tell. I'm guessing nothing will happen to them and we will be punished for very similar situations purely because the NRL can manipulate its products (the clubs) success to get a desired result - more memberships, expansion in the west, junior nursery of talent Etc etc.
In comparison, Manly has the lowest memberships of all Sydney clubs. Draws very poor crowds at brookie etc etc.

It's their ability to manipulate grey area that makes the NRL so crooked.... Don't get me started on Snake Skivy and Watmoughs injury decisions...

and so it all comes down to the corrupt and morally bankrupt filth that runs the NRL and how they want to manage/massage the situation.
They say never do in the dark what you don't want to come out in the light ,if there is any justice in this world some one has got to pull back the blinds and let the sun shine in and expose this manipulative vermin once and for all for what has been done over many years

Last edited by a moderator:
So this Smith/Thurston wank testimonial counts on each clubs salary cap ??? Or is it a TPA organised by the clubs and the nrl, again contravening their own rules.

So this Smith/Thurston wank testimonial counts on each clubs salary cap ??? Or is it a TPA organised by the clubs and the nrl, again contravening their own rules.
Doesn't count to cap.
It's a financial reward for these 2 to help with life after football. They really need the money after years of struggling as low income earners and only having mid 6 figure contracts with 9 and fox waiting for them when they retire.

Agree, can't stand either of them. They should be made poster-boys...for how to NOT play in the spirit of the game. I hate the ****e they have continually gotten away with literally hundreds of times.

I don't think that Thompson's contact has been registered yet by the NRL

If the club was in the clear you would have thought that they would have put their response to the NRL weeks ago and been cleared by now

The closer it gets to the deadline the more it appears that we are guilty
I have a feeling that the Manly Board is using every minute available & ensuring they have all accusations covered before dropping an enormous bomb on Greenberg & the NRL! I can't see Manly backing down on this & the longer it goes on the more confident i feel that we will be cleared. Watch for legal action against the NRL if they continue their vendetta against us!

I have a feeling that the Manly Board is using every minute available & ensuring they have all accusations covered before dropping an enormous bomb on Greenberg & the NRL! I can't see Manly backing down on this & the longer it goes on the more confident i feel that we will be cleared. Watch for legal action against the NRL if they continue their vendetta against us!
I hope so.. We've got an angry granny lawyer ready to use a strap-on on the Greenturd.

So hinting at TPA’s is not allowed?? Ok then, sure thing, yep not a single club does this at all.......not one.....!! No officer really, no club does this, so move on, nothing to see here........!! Pleeeaasseee.......What utter BS....!

I am sick of the vitriol and rubbish being thrown at us from the NRL, over and over again. Enough already, the game is stuffed, we know that. It is not a fair competition.......it is rigged in so many ways it is not funny. There are clubs that are clearly favoured and we are definitely not one of them.

So if anyone thinks we are not being targeted......think again. Certain parties in the NRL (and some other personalities outside the NRL) are trying to save face and are incredibly ego driven. And will do whatever it takes to show they are the one(s) with the power. It has gone beyond TPA rules, (that are clearly only used when it suits them anyway) to being a full blown power play.....!

The NRL headquarters and how it is run is completely ludicrous and needs to be investigated, but it wont, not yet anyway. Too many hands in the pie, again, from people inside the NRL and from people outside of the NRL.........they are all protecting each other. It is the haves vs the have nots.....and the ego vs the other ego.

The rules and how they are managed in relation to TPA’s are also completely ludicrous. And while I have no problem with a player wanting to get as much money as they possibly can.....! Clearly some clubs have bigger brown paper bags than others and yet are not in the firing line......ever. Rules for some, no rules for others.....It is that simple.....!

And please can anyone with a straight face tell me that certain players are not lured to clubs with the ole TPA. (And if it is ‘written’ in board minutes then that is just stupidity i.e. worms.......! So really not much can be refuted if paper evidence is released.)

It is also a noted fact that in 2016 the team with the most number of registered sponsorships was somewhere north of $1.3million, (just how far north is anyone's guess), and the team with the least number of registered player sponsorships was less than $200,000.............So who has a competitive advantage........hmm gee let me see ....the one with more sponsorship money.....And if I was a skilled player getting ready to get my last deal of a lifetime would I not ask my agent to seek the clubs with the deepest pockets???

There are so many holes in the area of TPA ‘s that nothing is fair or right about them anyway.

And dont get me started on the NRL board member who used his own company to do club audits..........oh dear, just absolutely unbelievable....it is enough to send me into a melt down..........!!

Not sure if anyone will read till the end but my rant is over.......for now at least. :mad:

And finally.......Happy New Year, fellow Silvertails and go the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles in 2018 despite the odds. :)

So hinting at TPA’s is not allowed?? Ok then, sure thing, yep not a single club does this at all.......not one.....!! No officer really, no club does this, so move on, nothing to see here........!! Pleeeaasseee.......What utter BS....!

I am sick of the vitriol and rubbish being thrown at us from the NRL, over and over again. Enough already, the game is stuffed, we know that. It is not a fair competition.......it is rigged in so many ways it is not funny. There are clubs that are clearly favoured and we are definitely not one of them.

So if anyone thinks we are not being targeted......think again. Certain parties in the NRL (and some other personalities outside the NRL) are trying to save face and are incredibly ego driven. And will do whatever it takes to show they are the one(s) with the power. It has gone beyond TPA rules, (that are clearly only used when it suits them anyway) to being a full blown power play.....!

The NRL headquarters and how it is run is completely ludicrous and needs to be investigated, but it wont, not yet anyway. Too many hands in the pie, again, from people inside the NRL and from people outside of the NRL.........they are all protecting each other. It is the haves vs the have nots.....and the ego vs the other ego.

The rules and how they are managed in relation to TPA’s are also completely ludicrous. And while I have no problem with a player wanting to get as much money as they possibly can.....! Clearly some clubs have bigger brown paper bags than others and yet are not in the firing line......ever. Rules for some, no rules for others.....It is that simple.....!

And please can anyone with a straight face tell me that certain players are not lured to clubs with the ole TPA. (And if it is ‘written’ in board minutes then that is just stupidity i.e. worms.......! So really not much can be refuted if paper evidence is released.)

It is also a noted fact that in 2016 the team with the most number of registered sponsorships was somewhere north of $1.3million, (just how far north is anyone's guess), and the team with the least number of registered player sponsorships was less than $200,000.............So who has a competitive advantage........hmm gee let me see ....the one with more sponsorship money.....And if I was a skilled player getting ready to get my last deal of a lifetime would I not ask my agent to seek the clubs with the deepest pockets???

There are so many holes in the area of TPA ‘s that nothing is fair or right about them anyway.

And dont get me started on the NRL board member who used his own company to do club audits..........oh dear, just absolutely unbelievable....it is enough to send me into a melt down..........!!

Not sure if anyone will read till the end but my rant is over.......for now at least. :mad:

And finally.......Happy New Year, fellow Silvertails and go the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles in 2018 despite the odds. :)
Wow. I lost my breath reading this. Well said.

Well said, and so true. I agree 100% with you mate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12