Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From 2014...

Todd Greenberg took aim at Brookvale Oval over timekeeping fiasco and shot himself in the foot

RUGBY league fans love tradition, just like they hate being treated as fools.

This week Todd Greenberg did himself and the game no favours when he attempted to smother the timekeeping fiasco at Brookvale last Sunday as further proof suburban grounds have passed their used-by date.

Penrith captain Jamie Soward wasn’t the only one blowing up.

You should have heard the reaction from Manly fans in our office when they read between the lines of a story in Wednesday’s paper that suggested Brookvale was to blame for the vital seconds lost at the end of an action-packed afternoon.

I’d imagine the reaction would have been the same in workplaces around the city as fans saw through the spin and realised the agenda.

“We have made our intentions pretty clear that we have great difficulty at suburban venues,’’ Greenberg said.

“The timekeeper can’t physically see part of the ground, through the sidelines, and then with people standing up.

“It’s exactly why we are looking to move to bigger stadiums for the bigger games.”

Is that arrogance, or ignorance?

Continue: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/12fbdd6a312bd2a172ddb885a9977312

NRL jump the shark (blame Brookie)
https://silvertails.net/threads/nrl-jump-the-shark-blame-brookie.39425/

If you want the NRL held to account, write to NISU National Integrity of Sport Unit https://www.ausport.gov.au/supporti...ntegrity_partners_and_community_programs/nisu here. If they receive a number of complaints, something will be done. More pertinently, I feel indicating the following areas of concern would raise at least some form of investigation:

Complaint: The National Rugby League (Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Insider Information)

Subject Matter One: Conflict of Interest
Tony McGrath, of McGrathNicol (Advisory Firm), also on the NRL's commission since 2014, has received payments from NRL allotted funding (be it membership, sponsorship, media funding) to seek out irregularities in respective clubs non-compliance of the NRL Salary Cap. Whilst it is understood, auditing & investigating is an acceptable use of capital investment, it is deemed a conflict of interest, when a member of the commission received payments to manufacture "findings" based on receiving the games monies & cashflow.

Should McGrathNicol not find irregularities in the event of audit of a clubs salary cap, one could prescribe a money grab, from within the organization, which is akin to corruption, at the highest levels of the game. Tony Mcgrath should not be receiving income from a governing body he forms part of himself. Therefore, it is in McGrathNicol's interest to find irregularities at all costs.

Subject Matter Two: Insider Information
Whilst difficult to confirm, Wayne Pearce (current commissioner of the NRL), father of Mitchell Pearce (currently of The Newcastle Knights), had intimate inside knowledge of the strategy and positioning of McGrathNicol, the companies findings, and The NRL's proposed sanctions to be expedited. Whilst presumption only, realism indicates knowledge of said sanctions / penalties was shared within the family unit on the premise that the future of Mitchell Pearce be with a club, without penalty.

Mitchell Peace then reneged on a verbal agreement with The Manly Sea Eagles to accept an offer at The Newcastle Knights, & The Manly Sea Eagles subsequently released a comparable player to accommodate Mitchell Pearce.

I request that NISU investigate these accusations of Corruption, Conflict of Interest & Insider Information, and hold all parties to account from the NRL, and the NRL's commission. I eagerly await your response.

Ryan Winter

UPDATE: Received an email from "The Australian Sporting Commission", thanking me for my email, and confirming that my commentary warranted further investigation, and that it had been forward to the appropriate governing body.

Greenburg wants to burn Manly? He brought this response from Manly fans on himself.

We aren't hobos. We are The Silvertails, and back our team like no other.

I'll keep this at the forefront, and will keep you guys up to date.

UPDATE: Received an email from "The Australian Sporting Commission", thanking me for my email, and confirming that my commentary warranted further investigation, and that it had been forward to the appropriate governing body.

Greenburg wants to burn Manly? He brought this response from Manly fans on himself.

We aren't hobos. We are The Silvertails, and back our team like no other.

I'll keep this at the forefront, and will keep you guys up to date.
May the force be with you Ryan . Good outcome , Fight fire with fire and let's see how they like it .

Obviously Greenc*** is waiting for the season to start before dumping this pile of sh*t on us again and dragging us through it.

Wasnt the Manly admin given until the end of this month to respond to the allegations. If so things are on hold until that material is submitted.

I'm confused then - why did NRL allow us in the last month to sign Thompson and leave to negotiate with 2 other players with the goal to get one? If we were guilty and there was to be a penalty for our actions why would they allow that if we were so close to this years cap taking consideration to the impending fine? Probably wrong.... again

I'm confused then - why did NRL allow us in the last month to sign Thompson and leave to negotiate with 2 other players with the goal to get one? If we were guilty and there was to be a penalty for our actions why would they allow that if we were so close to this years cap taking consideration to the impending fine?

Coz Green turd wants to f%$k us over as bad as he can...and as late as possible so he can get us in the headlines right from the start of the 2018 season.

That's why.

It's simple math I'm guessing. Thompson was done using the $800K we had for Pearce, so $500K has been allocated, with $300K or there abouts over. Initially, the breach penalty was around $300K, before some reporter rounded up to $400K. So, this is probably why the NRL won't approve Hodkinsons contract until they make a decision on the final breach penalty, if any, for this witch hunt. So, my guessing is we will still get Hodkinson, if we can avoid the breach. If we get a fine, then take your pick for our 5/8, Croker, Hastings, Siro, etc...

It's simple math I'm guessing. Thompson was done using the $800K we had for Pearce, so $500K has been allocated, with $300K or there abouts over. Initially, the breach penalty was around $300K, before some reporter rounded up to $400K. So, this is probably why the NRL won't approve Hodkinsons contract until they make a decision on the final breach penalty, if any, for this witch hunt. So, my guessing is we will still get Hodkinson, if we can avoid the breach. If we get a fine, then take your pick for our 5/8, Croker, Hastings, Siro, etc...

Here’s hoping for a fine then

If the NRL had watertight evidence of serious cap breaches then Manly would not have sought 6 weeks to file a reply. Most of the breaches will be explained, the club will cop a moderate fine in order to save face for the NRL, but our season will not be derailed. Certainly not nearly as much as it was derailed last year, when we had 2 stars out for the entire season.

Obviously Greenc*** is waiting for the season to start before dumping this pile of sh*t on us again and dragging us through it.
It is us dragging our heels. We are either guilty put our hands up and get on with it or if not we head for the courts. I wish we would hurry up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8