Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm confused then - why did NRL allow us in the last month to sign Thompson and leave to negotiate with 2 other players with the goal to get one? If we were guilty and there was to be a penalty for our actions why would they allow that if we were so close to this years cap taking consideration to the impending fine? Probably wrong.... again
Thompson isn't registered yet.

How can he be allowed to train with us if he isn’t registered?
Ok we have till end of the month to respond does that mean Greenhunt(that’s spelt with a silent C btw) will have another month or so to go on another fishing and rat hole expedition nicely dove tailing this whole which hunt into the start of the season?

Would he be training with us if he wasn’t on a registered contract? If the contract wasn’t set in stone he wouldn’t Be insured and potentially out of a job plus Manly would then be liable for damages or at least be exposed legally.

UPDATE: Received an email from "The Australian Sporting Commission", thanking me for my email, and confirming that my commentary warranted further investigation, and that it had been forward to the appropriate governing body.

Greenburg wants to burn Manly? He brought this response from Manly fans on himself.

We aren't hobos. We are The Silvertails, and back our team like no other.

I'll keep this at the forefront, and will keep you guys up to date.

Hi Ryan,

I have always enjoyed reading your post on this forum but this is incredible I had no idea that this was going on,
obviously you have the knowledge where I don't I am wondering if your email was made into a petition with fans adding our names would that make a difference?

I'm confused then - why did NRL allow us in the last month to sign Thompson and leave to negotiate with 2 other players with the goal to get one? If we were guilty and there was to be a penalty for our actions why would they allow that if we were so close to this years cap taking consideration to the impending fine? Probably wrong.... again
I don't think that Thompson's contact has been registered yet by the NRL

If the club was in the clear you would have thought that they would have put their response to the NRL weeks ago and been cleared by now

The closer it gets to the deadline the more it appears that we are guilty

I don't think that Thompson's contact has been registered yet by the NRL

If the club was in the clear you would have thought that they would have put their response to the NRL weeks ago and been cleared by now

The closer it gets to the deadline the more it appears that we are guilty

Sorry, but this makes zero sense. It takes time to respond to these types of things.

Maybe the club learned its lesson from the hastily cobbled together and incorrect report it lodged after the 2009 season launch.

Sorry, but this makes zero sense. It takes time to respond to these types of things.

Maybe the club learned its lesson from the hastily cobbled together and incorrect report it lodged after the 2009 season launch.
Agreed, and what's more how do we know the Club hasn't responded as yet?

The NRL announced the signing on their own website and on the NRL social media who also announced the signing. Can't see them doing that if it wasn't registered and complete.
I don't see the salary cap issues they are trying to pin us for as effecting our salary cap this year, I see them more likely being a fine and we are currently cap compliant

The NRL announced the signing on their own website and on the NRL social media who also announced the signing. Can't see them doing that if it wasn't registered and complete.
I don't see the salary cap issues they are trying to pin us for as effecting our salary cap this year, I see them more likely being a fine and we are currently cap compliant

I remember reading that the NRL accepted the contract for Joel Thompson but we need to be salary cap compliant by the start of the season - so if we get docked $$ from the salary cap then we may have to shed a player or delay payments to ensure complaince

I remember reading that the NRL accepted the contract for Joel Thompson but we need to be salary cap compliant by the start of the season - so if we get docked $$ from the salary cap then we may have to shed a player or delay payments to ensure complaince

I read something similar but not on an official NRL related page or article. All only on journalist 3rd party sites where, we all know they are partial to fancy

The NRL wouldn't register the contract, or partially register a contract and then leave a player with no club suddenly at the start of the season, the player association wouldn't allow it

How good would it be if the Manly lawyers just smash the Nrl with evidence detailing hos they did nothing wrong.
Then go for damages to the brand.

Would love to see Greenberg go down. Then be exposed for dodgy dealing at the dogs via player managers evidence and somehow tied into his board member mates profiting from the cap investigation.
That would be the ultimate jizz fest

Fine times for Manly
Manly are finalising their response to the NRL's breach notice into alleged salary cap cheating but we're already being told a fine of about $800,000 is coming their way.

What a coincidence: they've got about that much to play with in the salary cap this year.

The Sea Eagles, though, are bristling for a fight. The Roosters are also digging in over Joe Kelly, their chief executive who was at Manly at the time of the alleged breaches.

Indeed, there's a lot of finger-pointing and scuttlebutt going on behind the scenes, with talk about explosive emails and smoking guns that could implicate some of the game's leading officials.

From the same article by Andrew Webster:

Meanwhile, NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has received a barrage of criticism on social media over the yet-to-be resolved investigation into player agents and their role in the Parramatta salary cap scandal.

The claims made against him by some fans are highly defamatory, and can't be repeated in this space for legal reasons. The investigation has been going for more than 18 months.

A spokesman for the NRL said the inquiry into player agents is expected to be completed soon. He said: "It has been a complicated process requiring extensive legal advice but we are close to finalising the inquiry."

The delay, we're told, is that the independent committee overseeing sanctions against as many as 11 player managers wanted to be indemnified from any legal action before issuing breach notices.

Fine times for Manly
Manly are finalising their response to the NRL's breach notice into alleged salary cap cheating but we're already being told a fine of about $800,000 is coming their way.

What a coincidence: they've got about that much to play with in the salary cap this year.

The Sea Eagles, though, are bristling for a fight. The Roosters are also digging in over Joe Kelly, their chief executive who was at Manly at the time of the alleged breaches.

Indeed, there's a lot of finger-pointing and scuttlebutt going on behind the scenes, with talk about explosive emails and smoking guns that could implicate some of the game's leading officials.

So will that 800k come off our cap or is it just a fine alone?

So will that 800k come off our cap or is it just a fine alone?
If a Club is Cap compliant in its current year, then it's just monies off their football club grant from the NRL.

Can't see Manly being fined anything in this realm. :shake:

The alleged breaches relate to when Joker was the CEO and Fiz was around.
The TPA from the Brookie 'granny' was noted to the NRL at the time, by Brenda herself :nod:
Hard to believe that as a lawyer, Brenda would not already have presented documentary proof to refute the allegations.

The NRL has stated that the act of promising a player a TPA is as good as being involved in one as it lures the player to stay at the club when it should have nothing to do with the club.... So although it is a TPA, the club has apparently used it as part of the package (or at least referred to it as part of their package) and the NRL sees this as a breach.

Likewise the act of 'hinting' to an unsigned player that an "at the time incomplete" investigation will result in breaches to the investigated club which then has the effect of that unsigned player to suddenly sign with another club, should be seen as a serious corporate breach with much higher ramifications and fines for the organisation.

Now, on another note.... where did Pearce sign again? And what role does his father have nowadays?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8