Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you want the NRL held to account, write to NISU National Integrity of Sport Unit https://www.ausport.gov.au/supporti...ntegrity_partners_and_community_programs/nisu here. If they receive a number of complaints, something will be done. More pertinently, I feel indicating the following areas of concern would raise at least some form of investigation:

Complaint: The National Rugby League (Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Insider Information)

Subject Matter One: Conflict of Interest
Tony McGrath, of McGrathNicol (Advisory Firm), also on the NRL's commission since 2014, has received payments from NRL allotted funding (be it membership, sponsorship, media funding) to seek out irregularities in respective clubs non-compliance of the NRL Salary Cap. Whilst it is understood, auditing & investigating is an acceptable use of capital investment, it is deemed a conflict of interest, when a member of the commission received payments to manufacture "findings" based on receiving the games monies & cashflow.

Should McGrathNicol not find irregularities in the event of audit of a clubs salary cap, one could prescribe a money grab, from within the organization, which is akin to corruption, at the highest levels of the game. Tony Mcgrath should not be receiving income from a governing body he forms part of himself. Therefore, it is in McGrathNicol's interest to find irregularities at all costs.

Subject Matter Two: Insider Information
Whilst difficult to confirm, Wayne Pearce (current commissioner of the NRL), father of Mitchell Pearce (currently of The Newcastle Knights), had intimate inside knowledge of the strategy and positioning of McGrathNicol, the companies findings, and The NRL's proposed sanctions to be expedited. Whilst presumption only, realism indicates knowledge of said sanctions / penalties was shared within the family unit on the premise that the future of Mitchell Pearce be with a club, without penalty.

Mitchell Peace then reneged on a verbal agreement with The Manly Sea Eagles to accept an offer at The Newcastle Knights, & The Manly Sea Eagles subsequently released a comparable player to accommodate Mitchell Pearce.

I request that NISU investigate these accusations of Corruption, Conflict of Interest & Insider Information, and hold all parties to account from the NRL, and the NRL's commission. I eagerly await your response.

Ryan Winter
Very pro active initiative Ryan and along with Spartan Eagle points , really good suggestions for the right reasons . The big clincher still seems to be the N R L attempts to alter and change in a retrospective and indiscriminate way or manner , the application and administering of any T P A 's regulations or guidelines . Just would not be allowed or permitted in any functional private or sporting organization , Seems interesting that the N R L has now extended considerably Manly 's right of reply or response duration . Any objective opinion would surely indicate that the N R L could really be vulnerable with their unfair treatment of the Manly club in this issue.

If you want the NRL held to account, write to NISU National Integrity of Sport Unit https://www.ausport.gov.au/supporti...ntegrity_partners_and_community_programs/nisu here. If they receive a number of complaints, something will be done. More pertinently, I feel indicating the following areas of concern would raise at least some form of investigation:

Complaint: The National Rugby League (Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Insider Information)

Tony McGrath, of McGrathNicol (Advisory Firm), also on the NRL's commission since 2014, has received payments from NRL allotted funding (be it membership, sponsorship, media funding) to seek out irregularities in respective clubs non-compliance of the NRL Salary Cap. Whilst it is understood, auditing & investigating is an acceptable use of capital investment, it is deemed a conflict of interest, when a member of the commission received payments to manufacture "findings" based on receiving the games monies & cashflow.

Should McGrathNicol not find irregularities in the event of audit of a clubs salary cap, one could prescribe a money grab, from within the organization, which is akin to corruption, at the highest levels of the game. Tony Mcgrath should not be receiving income from a governing body he forms part of himself. Therefore, it is in McGrathNicol's interest to find irregularities at all costs.

Whilst difficult to confirm, Wayne Pearce (current commissioner of the NRL), father of Mitchell Pearce (currently of The Newcastle Knights), had intimate inside knowledge of the strategy and positioning of McGrathNicol, the companies findings, and The NRL's proposed sanctions to be expedited. Whilst presumption only, realism indicates knowledge of said sanctions / penalties was shared within the family unit on the premise that the future of Mitchell Pearce be with a club, without penalty.

Mitchell Peace then reneged on a verbal agreement with The Manly Sea Eagles to accept an offer at The Newcastle Knights, & The Manly Sea Eagles subsequently released a comparable player to accommodate Mitchell Pearce.

I request that NISU investigate these accusations of Corruption, Conflict of Interest & Insider Information, and hold all parties to account from the NRL, and the NRL's commission. I eagerly await your response.

Ryan Winter
Did you send it off, Ryan? Nice start if you did.

Ryan Winter

Nice work Ryan. Agree with Batty too.
How about a Subject matter 3: Integrity. The NRL are not showing any fairness/consistency to all clubs with some being favourites and overlooked, while others (mainly 1 club) are bullyed and shamed. The Moylan Maloney case and TPA's didn't even raise an eyebrow with the NRL. The slime let off easy and no monies deducted from their salary cap for 2018.

Very pro active initiative Ryan and along with Spartan Eagle points , really good suggestions for the right reasons . The big clincher still seems to be the N R L attempts to alter and change in a retrospective and indiscriminate way or manner , the application and administering of any T P A 's regulations or guidelines . Just would not be allowed or permitted in any functional private or sporting organization , Seems interesting that the N R L has now extended considerably Manly 's right of reply or response duration . Any objective opinion would surely indicate that the N R L could really be vulnerable with their unfair treatment of the Manly club in this issue.

Hear, hear mate, and thanks for your comments.

If they move us to Alliance they should dig a canal through the eastern suburbs to Alliance and we can catch the ferry there from Manly
I'd prefer an "eastconnex" that starts from Manly Hospital, goes across a massive bridge over the heads, followed by a 10 lane freeway that absolutely lays waste to the eastern suburbs. To give us a saloon ride to the SFS.

Funnily enough Norths Historian Andrew Moore reckons that the Warringah Expressway replaced lots of lower cost North Sydney housing, accelerating the Bears' lack of local junior production.

Funnily enough Norths Historian Andrew Moore reckons that the Warringah Expressway replaced lots of lower cost North Sydney housing, accelerating the Bears' lack of local junior production.
As did the Harbour Bridge’s northern approaches, plus the North Shore Line’s realignment; the development of the North Sydney CBD and the gradual gentrification of the remaining working class areas of the Lower North Shore.

Last edited:
fair

Fair dinkum. There is something really shonky about the Sydney Roosters and Nick Politis that he is able to sign so many top players with apparent impunity. I wonder how many of his mates in the business world are acting as launders for money being used as TPAs for this club. And the NRL just lets it happen probably because they are scared of the Godfather.

This should have the media all over it, but we know the Roosters are the favourites of the Sydney newspapers and New Ltd

The elephant in the room is the legality of the salary cap itself. The argument that the whole damn thing is unlawful is legally pretty strong.

The NRL probably don't think we will go down that path because we are one of the "poorer" clubs that the salary cap is intended to protect.

But if we are subject to more stringent rules than others while the NRL's darlings get away with murder, what have we got to lose? It's not a level playing field anyway.

I'd be going full bore with that argument. I would also suggest to the NRL that our lawyers want to launch a class action on behalf of the players who have lost millions in income due to the NRL's unlawful conduct.

In short, I think we should go nuclear.

I guess the thing the nrl and any competition have going is clubs arent forced to play under them. They are given a license to compete in the competition so i would say you play by their rules. Otherwise dont join the comp.

If a player isnt happy their salary is capped then join a team who playes in an uncapped competition...

If you chose to be part of a league you play by their rules.

The NRL would be in deep **** if the clubs ever decided to get together and organise their own comp.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I think we should just tell Toddy the Turd to go screw himself until every other team come under the same scrutiny and checks that we have just been subjected to. The Roosters, Broncos and others make a joke of an already broken system.

Salary ...sombrero

71243f4233dab777a53945f5f0491cb2

-from foxsports which is interesting in itself...!

I guess the thing the nrl and any competition have going is clubs arent forced to play under them. They are given a license to compete in the competition so i would say you play by their rules. Otherwise dont join the comp.

If a player isnt happy their salary is capped then join a team who playes in an uncapped competition...

If you chose to be part of a league you play by their rules.

The NRL would be in deep **** if the clubs ever decided to get together and organise their own comp.

I dont think that's a strong defence. The draft was illegal.

But it does give me another idea. We could threaten to go to Super Rugby. I know they have been culling clubs but I think it would be an attractive proposition for them.

Manly got lambasted for years for being the Silvertails and accused of buying premierships which we still cop to this day. We are blown away by the Rorters who just buy whom they please and they have no scrutiny what so ever. I really dislike the vermin and I have no love for them in general but for them to lose a kid like Crichton to their fiercest rivals is just another kick in the teeth for the value of loyalty that was once the fabric of the game.

The NRL has totally lost control of the salary cap and TPA. The whole thing needs urgent reviewing and there needs to be some independence in policing it because right now we are seeing clubs openly exploit loopholes in the TPA to lock other teams out. Souffs are not short of a quid but they could not manage the offer from the Rorters for Crichton and again a key player signs for a club a year out and the fans and members of a team are expected to support a player that their club nurtured and gave a chance to, only for that player to take the coin. This stuffed our 2015 season when Foran did that to us!!!

It seems obvious to me that I we are guilty of breaches that the thing which has cost all of the clubs who have been caught is TPA’s they make no sense in a salary capped competition and should no be considered anywhere in contract with a club. The idea with tpa’s is fine and correct and something that I have worked into my contract, only in that I may negotiate with non-conflicting interest 3rd party agreements. Now in league the original idea was player endorsement for merch, goods and services however the rules were written poorly and allowed for them to be considered as part of the deal.

It’s just an area of exploitation and always will be. Either have the cap or don’t have it. I’m all for it if it’s a real true and even cap. Players should be allowed to make endorsements for things like subway or whatever but they should be completely and utterly seperate and not tied into employment at any club.
The second someone says “we will
Sign you as our endorser if you play for x” is the second it becomes illegal.

Truly poor form and poorly written rulesets

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8