Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And with rumours that we are to have $400k added to our cap (leaving $400k) the club is looking to reduce that by appealing the TPA's, it tells me the club is chasing someone worth more than that. No other logical reason why the club would spend money on fighting the NRL (unwinnable) other than chasing a downgrade for the pursuit of a player. My theory anyway.

If we are successful in downgrading of TPA charges, I think the club has someone lined up.
Not many [ virtually none probably ] top line non contracted players currently available . But the N R l player market can always spring some surprises . Manly don't really seem to have a need for any of the Pommy test squad but it has gone quiet on this front for any Aussi club recently .

I am not privy to the supposed salary cap problem, but from general reports it sounds extremely petty when we consider other clubs and the general TPA mine field.

However if it is something where the NRL have manipulated a minor rule to justify their intensive and quite destructive investigation into the Manly Club's management of contracts, I would really encourage the club to take the League to court and if they win demand at least 10 million as compensation for the harm they have caused the club. Further I would want the court to give instruction that any further such harassment will result in the League being heavily penalised and an demand that the Board as it exists be disbanded.

This is not just about Greenburg. This is also about Politis, who is manipulating the League to suit his club and put down any club that is a threat to their dominance. The suggested underhand manipulation of the Pearce issue to ensure he didn't play for either Manly or the Sharks is sickening and needs to be investigated. This is Senator Macauliff and the Wally Lewis manipulation all over again.

Its time to play hard ball.

Still officially contracted the the Dragons to the best of my knowledge . His club were prepared to release him previously apparently , who knows but maybe again . I just think that Manly have enough back rowers and cover to do the job next season at present .

Can the club take the NRL to court though? They haven't broken any law...
The NRL has the ability to decide their own rules don't they?

I'm also asking a question. I want them to pay as well but I just don't see how our legal system fits into punishing the NRL...?
I guess we could go to court to get a ruling on the interpretation of the rules....

I'm also asking a question. I want them to pay as well but I just don't see how our legal system fits into punishing the NRL...?
With the franchise agreements between the N R L and the clubs , there probably would be some provisions for code 's of conduct and behavour or uniformity and integrity of guidelines or related club activities or whatever . Remember the previous A R L being taken to court and challenged over the player draft issue . The N R L are not above the common law and other legal considerations and of course are subject and answerable to it with a strong enough case and legal argument .

Not many [ virtually none probably ] top line non contracted players currently available . But the N R l player market can always spring some surprises . Manly don't really seem to have a need for any of the Pommy test squad but it has gone quiet on this front for any Aussi club recently .

but don't forget we have players coming off contract that we would be looking to extend .... we need cap $$$ to be available for that

I am not privy to the supposed salary cap problem, but from general reports it sounds extremely petty when we consider other clubs and the general TPA mine field.

However if it is something where the NRL have manipulated a minor rule to justify their intensive and quite destructive investigation into the Manly Club's management of contracts, I would really encourage the club to take the League to court and if they win demand at least 10 million as compensation for the harm they have caused the club. Further I would want the court to give instruction that any further such harassment will result in the League being heavily penalised and an demand that the Board as it exists be disbanded.

This is not just about Greenburg. This is also about Politis, who is manipulating the League to suit his club and put down any club that is a threat to their dominance. The suggested underhand manipulation of the Pearce issue to ensure he didn't play for either Manly or the Sharks is sickening and needs to be investigated. This is Senator Macauliff and the Wally Lewis manipulation all over again.

Its time to play hard ball.
You mention Politox Bearfax, which is an interesting point.

Our southern Eurofriend Nick was keen on a merger with M-W before the latter’s merger with Norths. They (the Goosters) were after our juniors. 20-odd years later and Nick could be at it again.

You mention Politox Bearfax, which is an interesting point.

Our southern Eurofriend Nick was keen on a merger with M-W before the latter’s merger with Norths. They (the Goosters) were after our juniors. 20-odd years later and Nick could be at it again.
We would have required a bridge across the heads.

I dated a girl from Watsons bay once. Her brother dropped her off in a tinny to manly wharf. I was a fairlight resident at the time. That area of the eastern suburbs is very close to manly by boat. BUGGer of a drive though.

I dated a girl from Watsons bay once. Her brother dropped her off in a tinny to manly wharf. I was a fairlight resident at the time. That area of the eastern suburbs is very close to manly by boat. BUGGer of a drive though.
No sh-t Shoe?;)

We could request the court determine whether there was a breach of procedural fairness in the handling of the matter / saga. Our brand / name has been dragged through the mud before a determination has been made.

We could argue that the NRL's decision making process was not fair, impartial or transparent. This could potentially blow up in the NRL's face as it could highlight the preferential treatment other clubs are afforded in handling of TPAs.. The media have an appetite for this type of controversy, especially when it comes to manly. Perhaps we may get a swing of public perception in our favour in light of the recent media attention surrounding TPAs and the need for an overhaul in the system.

The main point being is that we shouldn't take this lying down and make a stand. It's time these clowns are exposed and unmasked as the corrupt scum they are.

You might recall that the Labor Party used a PR stunt: The 100 broken promises of the Liberal Government.
The Manly club could do something similar listing: The 100 dodgy decisions of the NRL.

If you want the NRL held to account, write to NISU National Integrity of Sport Unit https://www.ausport.gov.au/supporti...ntegrity_partners_and_community_programs/nisu here. If they receive a number of complaints, something will be done. More pertinently, I feel indicating the following areas of concern would raise at least some form of investigation:

Complaint: The National Rugby League (Corruption, Conflict of Interest, Insider Information)

Subject Matter One: Conflict of Interest
Tony McGrath, of McGrathNicol (Advisory Firm), also on the NRL's commission since 2014, has received payments from NRL allotted funding (be it membership, sponsorship, media funding) to seek out irregularities in respective clubs non-compliance of the NRL Salary Cap. Whilst it is understood, auditing & investigating is an acceptable use of capital investment, it is deemed a conflict of interest, when a member of the commission received payments to manufacture "findings" based on receiving the games monies & cashflow.

Should McGrathNicol not find irregularities in the event of audit of a clubs salary cap, one could prescribe a money grab, from within the organization, which is akin to corruption, at the highest levels of the game. Tony Mcgrath should not be receiving income from a governing body he forms part of himself. Therefore, it is in McGrathNicol's interest to find irregularities at all costs.

Subject Matter Two: Insider Information
Whilst difficult to confirm, Wayne Pearce (current commissioner of the NRL), father of Mitchell Pearce (currently of The Newcastle Knights), had intimate inside knowledge of the strategy and positioning of McGrathNicol, the companies findings, and The NRL's proposed sanctions to be expedited. Whilst presumption only, realism indicates knowledge of said sanctions / penalties was shared within the family unit on the premise that the future of Mitchell Pearce be with a club, without penalty.

Mitchell Peace then reneged on a verbal agreement with The Manly Sea Eagles to accept an offer at The Newcastle Knights, & The Manly Sea Eagles subsequently released a comparable player to accommodate Mitchell Pearce.

I request that NISU investigate these accusations of Corruption, Conflict of Interest & Insider Information, and hold all parties to account from the NRL, and the NRL's commission. I eagerly await your response.

Ryan Winter

I was going to go with something like:

"To whom it may concern,
The NRL are a bunch of dodgy $#@&s.
The Commission are rotten to the core. Followed by Greensprog who is an absolute flog.
Please bring about their demise.
Cheers"

But thinking about it Ryan, yours is probably a better option.

I also shared a copy of my email with the NRL (shot across the bow)

Yep just as I thought all quiet in the media today. Only one comment from Slothfield about our Granny lives next door to Scott Penn. Quality reporting Buzz you fool
Maybe Penn has been slipping her a few dollars to put down as TPA's?

If they move us to Alliance they should dig a canal through the eastern suburbs to Alliance and we can catch the ferry there from Manly

The things we do for love.

It seems quite clear that some of the NRL’s findings have come from disgruntled staff who have left or may have been dismissed and a few disgruntled ex players who may perceive they have been short changed.

Hopefully Manly’s Legal team will be able to prove that most of the findings are from unsubstantiated rumours and innuendo rather than fact. The players managers of those who have supposedly ‘dobbed us in’ would also be extremely nervous as they could also be seen as being complicit in any untoward breaches of the cap as they must have been aware of it.

The lesson here for the Penn’s and as very successful business owners they would surely know, is that you need a cohesive business environment not a ‘toxic business environment’, as it will only lead to heaps of trouble in the long term.

It’s been reported that Joe Kelly is a man of very high ethics but he was also the person who dismissed several staff members who may or may not have an axe to grind as to discussions they may have been party to or what they thought they overheard. I am not suggesting any impropriety on their behalf, but it does seem coincidental.

I guess we will all find out some time in January, but that Nick Politis seems prepared to defend Joe Kelly says a hell of a lot and I’m sure Greenberg would not enjoy both Manly and the Roosters baying for blood in defence of their staff.

It’s going to be an interesting January and while we can all speculate what the outcome may be I am sure the Manly board and Lyall Gorman will be pursuing every avenue to prove our innocence.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10