Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Twitter talk is Crichton is a done deal for 2019 and onwards for the Roosters...
Well they keep magically signing players who develop a drug problem so they can then move them on to free up cap space. SKD, Carter and now Nikorima. It's a bulletproof roster management technique - get rid of player and not have to pay anything moving forward.

Manly Sea Eagles given more time to respond to potential salary cap breaches

The Daily Telegraph - David Riccio

The salary cap scandal which has rocked Manly could drag into the 2018 season after the NRL granted the Sea Eagles an extension to respond to the allegations.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal that the Sea Eagles have been given until January 31 next year by the NRL to respond to potential breaches of the salary cap.

It will leave the NRL just five weeks to resolve one of the biggest issues of 2017 and ensure the new season is launched without the stain of the scandal.

The speed of which Manly respond to the allegations, which is focused on the improper use of third-party deals, could also impact their ability to sign new players ahead of next season.

As reported, proposed sanctions include a fine between six figures and $1 million and a reduced salary cap for 2018.

However, any attempt by Manly to recruit any player — be it on a minimal or top-tier contract — during the investigation phase is likely to be heavily scrutinised by the NRL.

The Sea Eagles are known to be eager to find a solution in their key five-eighth position, after Blake Green was released to sign with New Zealand last month.

Both Newcastle half Trent Hodkinson and journeyman Todd Carney have been linked to the club.

Documentation of the investigation is understood to be almost 1,000 pages.

The Sea Eagles made it clear from the moment the allegations were laid that they intend to fight the breach notice — which they originally had five-days to respond to.

It was determined that the club now has until the end of January to submit their response.

“We’ll review the documents and develop a detailed response,’’ Manly CEO Lyall Gorman said, before the club’s fans and members Christmas party, on Saturday.

“There’s a significant amount of paperwork our team need to go through. “This will be just a process for us to work through and see what it all means.’’

Manly were hit by the bombshell last Monday after an NRL investigation revealed the northern beaches club had breached the salary cap over the past five years.

Sea Eagles chief operating officer Neil Bare faces the prospect of being barred from the game over his alleged role in Manly’s salary cap infringements.

Sydney Roosters chief executive Joe Kelly, the former Manly CEO, has also been revealed as another NRL club official facing deregistration.

Kelly and Bare worked together at Brookvale when the alleged third-party breaches occurred.

It is now without doubt that the roosters have a massive drug culture and continually bring the game into disrepute. Carney, Pearce & Napa (liney lineys) SKD, Nikorima and that fwd on roids ( no, not jwh who put on 18kg of muscle in his first pre season at the roosters, the one who got caught).
I suggest they play for no points for the next two seasons.
Over to you NRL

isn't it a different vibe from the media all of a sudden. Wanted our guts for garters last week but now they are treading carefully. Fark u NRL, I think u have bitten off more than you can chew...and I hope Toddy the Turd goes out with it...I look forward to what the Sunday hacks have to say

It is now without doubt that the roosters have a massive drug culture and continually bring the game into disrepute. Carney, Pearce & Napa (liney lineys) SKD, Nikorima and that fwd on roids ( no, not jwh who put on 18kg of muscle in his first pre season at the roosters, the one who got caught).
I suggest they play for no points for the next two seasons.
Over to you NRL
Cronk was effusive about buying into that Roosters culture when he signed.

Maintain the rage Manly fans!

It's important not to let nrl HQ believe that these disgraceful, cowardly, and arguable borderline illegal attacks on our great club will be accepted as easily as the Spanish inquisition and Salem!

The bullying and abusive actions by our so called 'parent' in the nrl HQ would never be accepted by any court in the land if carried out by one individual against another.

No character, substance, transparency, honour,
Rigging the system for the benefit of preferred clubs,
Lying to fans whilst lining their own pockets.

Yep just as I thought all quiet in the media today. Only one comment from Slothfield about our Granny lives next door to Scott Penn. Quality reporting Buzz you fool

I think the premise the NRL is working on is that unlike the Police in the match fixing investigation they don't need to prove anything in court of law to charge the club with salary cap breaches.

The match fixing allegations went down the drain as they were coming from scumbag criminals and bookies with an axe to grind and amounted to nothing.

Much like the match fixing allegations, the salary cap allegations are being propped up by two scumbag ex players who jerked the club around in negotiations for contracts, signed elsewhere and then had third party payments cut off. The NRL is relying on these two grubs telling the truth about how those TPA's came into effect.

Hopefully the Club will ensure the NRL needs a court of law to impinge on it's reputation any further.

The club needs to go through all previous cases where clubs have been found to be over the cap and what sanctions were handed out to ensure that we are dealt with equally. I remember that they found the Eels had overspent by over $3mill over the past 5 years. Can't remember their cap for 2017 being reduced by this amount.
I would like the club to come out and clear up our salary cap position. Last years cap was 7 mill and we have now lost at least 2 mill from that with Stewart, Steve, Myles, BJ, Cullen and Kennedy gone. Next year's cap is $9.2mill. I know we have upgraded Tom, Jake, Marty, Walker and possibly paying a bit more for Sirro and Uate. Then added 4 players with no real NRL experience. Where has the 4 mill gone if we are over the cap.

The club needs to go through all previous cases where clubs have been found to be over the cap and what sanctions were handed out to ensure that we are dealt with equally. I remember that they found the Eels had overspent by over $3mill over the past 5 years. Can't remember their cap for 2017 being reduced by this amount.
I would like the club to come out and clear up our salary cap position. Last years cap was 7 mill and we have now lost at least 2 mill from that with Stewart, Steve, Myles, BJ, Cullen and Kennedy gone. Next year's cap is $9.2mill. I know we have upgraded Tom, Jake, Marty, Walker and possibly paying a bit more for Sirro and Uate. Then added 4 players with no real NRL experience. Where has the 4 mill gone if we are over the cap.
Jake and Tom's upgrade was in the vicinity of almost an additional one mill $ , also Perrett 's full contract to accounted for next season . The club was reportedly prepared to offer Pearce some 850 - 900 K , this is i guess about what additional cap funds[ maybe very slightly more ] are still available , irrespective of the present and ongoing witch hunt .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep just as I thought all quiet in the media today. Only one comment from Slothfield about our Granny lives next door to Scott Penn. Quality reporting Buzz you fool

Why doesnt he do some other quality journalism, like how did the dogs get their new CEO,like after he was referred to the dogs from greenburg, again, isnt that a conflict of interests. This clown wont let go of his witch hunt against our great club. Take it to em Manly and show em we aint lying down, we still have plenty of fight left in us...:punch::punch::finger::finger:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8