Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oy Veyberg is presumably still smarting over the records MW have re: his behind the scenes dealings with Goldilocks Hasler - which all ended so well for Canterbury, didn’t it?

Maybe getting at those records helped to propel the investigation.

From the mail I got today this is far from finished, the NRL would like Manly to accept the findings and get a lessor fine or face a bigger fine by arguing our / Manly's case. We can argue at least 6 of the claims. It would appear there is a multitude of evidence similar to other clubs 3rd parties. Could say more but would get me into a legal situation and it is sensational. We advised NRL but now we get thrown under the bus after they accepted situation. Can assure all this will go on for most of next season unless we fall on the righteous sword. Hope Penrith come out with the Greenburg evidence!

Let’s hope we see this sort of fight from the club mate! I don’t know how it could move into next season though if the NRL are proposing a punishment of taking a monetary amount off our 2018 salary cap allowance.

From the mail I got today this is far from finished, the NRL would like Manly to accept the findings and get a lessor fine or face a bigger fine by arguing our / Manly's case. We can argue at least 6 of the claims. It would appear there is a multitude of evidence similar to other clubs 3rd parties. Could say more but would get me into a legal situation and it is sensational. We advised NRL but now we get thrown under the bus after they accepted situation. Can assure all this will go on for most of next season unless we fall on the righteous sword. Hope Penrith come out with the Greenburg evidence!
Do the NRL really expect to run this the same way the run the NRL Judiciary: cop the early guilty plea or contest the charge and face a bigger penalty? This is serious stuff - at least it should be. Instead we get bull**** about "preliminary findings of potential breaches". How about irrefutable evidence of actual breaches? Where might that be?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/c9ea08cf70c05ea779651a8fb66ea7ef

THE Sydney Roosters have been sensationally dragged into Manly’s salary cap drama after the NRL issued a breach notice to their chief executive Joe Kelly.

The Daily Telegraph understands Roosters boss Kelly received the breach for his alleged role as Sea Eagles CEO between October, 2014, and September, 2016 — a position he stepped down from.

Kelly is one of two club officials facing deregistration by the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph knows the identity of the other official but cannot name him on legal advice.

Kelly, whose mobile phone was switched off on Tuesday, was appointed Roosters CEO in April this year. He is understood to be shattered at the prospect of being kicked out of rugby league.

The Daily Telegraph understands Manly chief operating officer Neil Bare was heavily involved in balancing the club’s salary cap.

The Kelly drama comes as Sea Eagles chief executive Lyall Gorman admitted salary cap allegations against his club were “serious”.

Manly officials and the club’s legal team were poring over myriad allegations and findings on Tuesday after the NRL sent the embattled Sea Eagles a breach over alleged third-party payments dating back five years.

In another day of drama at Brookvale, The Daily Telegraph can reveal:

THE club’s breaches could be more than the $400,000 first floated;

● PLAYER managers have told of two former Manly stars they insist were owed a total of $450,000 in non-paid third-party payments. Neither agreements were put in writing;

● INDUSTRY experts claim the negative investigation could cost Manly up to $10 million in lost advertising and revenue;

● MAJOR sponsor Lottoland has vowed to stand by Manly through the investigation;

● A CONCERNED Gorman, who started as Manly CEO less than a month ago, called a staff meeting on Tuesday morning to discuss the NRL investigation, telling club employees “that the one thing we can do is control our future, our values and our culture”.

Sports sponsorship and marketing experts believe the potentially damaging cap issues could set Manly back five years.

“Competition for sponsorship dollars has never been tougher,’’ one said. “Signage at grounds is harder than it’s ever been before. Your brand and integrity is everything. It could be a lights-out moment for Manly.

“This could set a club back five years. It’s hard to keep your head above water if you’re a strong club and Manly isn’t financially sound.

“This could cause Manly irreversible damage and cost them up to $10 million in lost sponsorship and revenue.

“These are really challenging times in rugby league. A lot of areas are down financially but the salary cap keeps going up.”

Gorman said his club wouldn’t be rushed into responding to the NRL findings.

Manly’s punishment could include $400,000 being taken off their salary cap next season and a fine of up to $1 million.

“There have been some serious allegations in these preliminary findings,” Gorman said. “These issues need to be addressed.

“It is incumbent on us to take the time to work through the documentation we have been given to form an appropriate response.

“This investigation, as I understand it, took six months and we were only provided with the detailed document (on Monday).

“There is a significant amount to work through. It’s a process that can’t be rushed, a process that needs to be right to protect the best interests of all.

“What we won’t do is run our response through the media. We will respect the protocol of the game.

“Once we have formed a detailed response, we will submit it through the appropriate channels.

“We are trying to do that as quickly as we can but also take the time to ensure our response is an appropriate one in context to what has been provided to us.

“My focus is to put every ounce of energy into making sure this is a great club for many, many years to come.

“These issues need to be confidently led in how we manage them from a transparency and integrity point of view.”

Manly employed three other CEOs over the past five years while the alleged salary cap breaches were unfolding.

While Kelly did not return calls, former Manly CEOs David Perry and Tim Cleary preferred not to comment.

There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by Perry or Cleary.

This story is getting juicier. If Joe Kelly is one of the officials implicated it is all about the troubled 2015 season where our coach was sacked and we had all the drama of trying to keep Foran and DCE. He was appointed in late 14 and was CEO is a very turbulent time. When I think of 2015 and how unhappy the team were for the first half of that year while our halves were not focussed on the task and both signed elsewhere. The signing of Matty B and then he leaves for the Tigers, there were some strange goings on that year and it's significant that Joe Kelly has been named. Interesting as well that the Rorters who have to under suspicion when you consider their current roster and he has overseen that roster. Interesting times, I think there is much more to come out of this and other clubs are inevitably going to be involved. Also significant that the NRL decide now to do something about third-party payments, how timely of them!! The governance of the game really stinks right now!!

Sea Eagles salary cap breach: North Shore grandmother caught up in investigation

A NORTH Shore grandmother has become caught up in Manly’s salary cap crisis as the NRL investigates third-party payments the mystery benefactor has made to Sea Eagles players.

The 81-year-old Sea Eagles fanatic, who asked not to be named, said she had no idea her sponsorship deals were being investigated when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.

The mystery woman revealed she has been a third-party sponsor to several high-profile Manly players over the years, including former star five-eighth Kieran Foran and hooker Mat Parcell.

She said she usually supported one or two players a season, who were paid through a trust fund, and that her agreements had all been registered with the NRL.

Kieran Foran was one of those sponsored by the mystery woman during his time at the club.

But now the NRL Integrity Unit is investigating whether or not her acts of generosity equate to third-party deals or donations to ensure players re-sign.

“I have registered third-party deals, yes,” she said. “Registered by the NRL. I have sponsored players, I work with (player) managers.

“I have done nothing wrong and can’t imagine what the problem would be. There’s been no payments other than what I have done through the NRL.

“I have not been spoken to and would happily show them my books, they can have a look at them anytime they like. I’ve got nothing to hide at all.

“Every sponsorship I have had has been registered with the NRL and approved by them.

“It’s a third-party sponsorship, it goes straight to the NRL for registration. I have done it voluntarily. Not in a very big way but enough to satisfy my needs.

“I wouldn’t do anything that was illegal, each one has been approved by the NRL.”

It’s believed the NRL is looking into the woman’s relationship with the club.

“I get quite a lot out of it, actually,” the woman said. “I have been sponsoring Manly for years and years and get an awful lot out of sponsoring them.”

Pressed on exactly what she does get in return, the woman said: “I’m not going to have you printing that in the papers, thank you very much. But I get plenty.

“I sponsored Kieran Foran before. I became great friends with him, I’m still great friends with him. I see him all the time. I had Kieran for three years.

“I form relationships with the players. I have remained friendly with all of them.”

A Sea Eagles fan since 1969, the woman said she began sponsoring the players several years ago.

“Not many people know I do this, my family do,” she said. “Most people at the club don’t know.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/256d00b6a7d04a9939eadae139a2eb14

Well the Penns presided over this mess and the appointment of Kelly. Remember the Coco Joy debacle as well ? Just means they need to dig into their pockets deeper now to fix it. No point crying poor and whining about the damage to the brand when it happens on your watch.

Just a rough guess, but reading between your lines there I would say the NRL want us to just shut up and take the punishment because they know if we fight it then it will probably come out that they have actually known about other clubs doing exactly the same thing for years and turned a blind eye to it.....including one certain high ranking NRL official who was no doubt up to his eyeballs in doing the very same thing at the club he came from.

Corruption to the core and there are probably quite a few people at other NRL clubs and the NRL itself who are sweating bullets over the outcome.

Still can not ascertain if the N R L is claiming that these alleged cap breaches have been occurring even in recent times or seasons . Surely not . Why can they just not isolate it to a supposed set time frame . Maybe the club has this information and it would serve some reasonable purpose to reveal this for the general public .

Just a rough guess, but reading between your lines there I would say the NRL want us to just shut up and take the punishment because they know if we fight it then it will probably come out that they have actually known about other clubs doing exactly the same thing for years and turned a blind eye to it.....including one certain high ranking NRL official who was no doubt up to his eyeballs in doing the very same thing at the club he came from.

Corruption to the core and there are probably quite a few people at other NRL clubs and the NRL itself who are sweating bullets over the outcome.
The reason some player managers from the Eels cap scandal haven’t been de-registered from the NRL is because the NRL are worried they’ll reveal what they know about other clubs and certain high profile execs at league headquarters

The reason some player managers from the Eels cap scandal haven’t been de-registered from the NRL is because the NRL are worried they’ll reveal what they know about other clubs and certain high profile execs at league headquarters

I've heard that.....and from what I have heard one of the first to be exposed would be that slimy twat with the bald head who runs the show and what corrupt $hit he was in the thick of at his old club.

Still can not ascertain if the N R L is claiming that these alleged cap breaches have been occurring even in recent times or seasons . Surely not . Why can they just not isolate it to a supposed set time frame . Maybe the club has this information and it would serve some reasonable purpose to reveal this for the general public .

From what I have read its for 5 years not including 2017. So basically 2012-2016

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10